Beta Universal 46xx install package

ameris_cyning

81 posts in this topic

I forgot to mention, I had to install PC_EFI 10.5 (as stated in topic start) but just installing the package+repairing permissions resulted in a garbled screen at startup. So after I updated to OC_EFI 10.5 I had to extract ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext from the installer with Pacifist, install them manually with KextHelper and add GraphicsEnabler=yes manually to Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist.

QE/CI works great on my card. Haven't tested DVI, only VGA.

Repairing disk permission should be fine but you can also try:

sudo -s

(type password)

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel *

chmod -R 755 *

kextload ATIRadeonX2000.kext

kextload ATI4600Controller.kext

then reboot

Thx for the above, but I am wondering why I get a "unable to change file mode on ..." all the files. I booted directly in to darwin, and if I execute from the terminal, i get a KP on the kextload ati...

any advice? Thanks for your post again, and thx for the installer oh great apple gurus!

any way to get around the kernel panics on atiradeonx2000.kext? Ive tried both the beta booter and efiv10.5, yet i still get a panic. Visiontek 4650 with id 9498, with package from first post installed. Anyone else with a 4650 wanna help? My card has 2 dvi ports (could this be the issue?)

I used empire efi (AMD) version and sn 104a32. updated with official update to 10.6.2 from apple. replaced the kernel with modbin's new 10.6.2 kernel for AMD.

I am using a 4670, which is close to yours, and I too am having difficulty getting the kexts to load with this installer.

So in a nutshell, try empire EFI, and a different kernel, or perhaps 32 bit mode.

oh I gotta go!

dsmos has arrived ;)

Will this driver work with a Mobility Radeon 4650 1GB VGA/HDMI?

no mobility support yet, as per netkas. its in earlier pages in the thread.

sell the card, get something in the list from here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2

piece

Thx for the above, but I am wondering why I get a "unable to change file mode on ..." all the files. I booted directly in to darwin, and if I execute from the terminal, i get a KP on the kextload ati...

any advice? Thanks for your post again, and thx for the installer oh great apple gurus!

I used empire efi (AMD) version and sn 104a32. updated with official update to 10.6.2 from apple. replaced the kernel with modbin's new 10.6.2 kernel for AMD.

I am using a 4670, which is close to yours, and I too am having difficulty getting the kexts to load with this installer.

So in a nutshell, try empire EFI, and a different kernel, or perhaps 32 bit mode.

oh I gotta go!

dsmos has arrived ;)

no mobility support yet, as per netkas. its in earlier pages in the thread.

sell the card, get something in the list from here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2

piece

what kinf of AMD you got?

because i cant install SL in my PC

thanks!

any way to get around the kernel panics on atiradeonx2000.kext? Ive tried both the beta booter and efiv10.5, yet i still get a panic. Visiontek 4650 with id 9498, with package from first post installed. Anyone else with a 4650 wanna help? My card has 2 dvi ports (could this be the issue?)

Look for my posts- I have a dual-DVI out HD4670 as well. Some of my tricks may help you- I've posted what I've learned and tricks I've discovered in several forums. Check those out and see if you don't have it working- if not, I'd be happy to help you to the extent of my knowledge & experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I finally get working DVI on HD4670. I can't tell how i have done this but I try figure out. It's pretty amazing because I never get display via DVI - only with DVI-VGA. Be patient ^_^ My card is HIS HD4670 Dual DVI

AWESOME! ! ! NICE :) I want to get mine working with DVI... Which version of OS X are you running? Which kexts are you using? Where are they? (in S/L/E?) Which bootloader do you use? How do you boot? (from USB, EFI partition? OS partition?) Which port is the signal coming from? Do you have anything plugged in the other port? All of those things are part of the equation to make it work...

Oh- also... which exact card model do you have? Which fan? Is it the ICE-Q? Regular or Turbo speed? How much memory on the card?

What kind of monitor do you have? (That one shouldn't matter, but just out of curiosity.)

Thanks in advance for sharing what configuration made that work... :)

@ Grzesiek13

Still working with DVI? Were you able to repeat the installation or success? I'd really love to get that going- but I haven't been able to figure out the trick... You have the exact card that I do so anything else you can share would be awesome! :wacko: Thank yoU!

Hi! I have a CLUB3D ATI HD4670 1GB DDR3 card and works great with this package on 10.6.2. Really great!

Only one little problem...

If I turn on display sleep, when the display should turn off, It's not turning off, and the screen get "paused". When I move the mouse, the screen "playing" again. So the monitor doesn't turns off. Any fix for this?

Hello,

I wonder how to get my HD4670 Saphirre 512MB working in PCIe slot 2.

As my primary card is a 9800GT, that I "activate" just by adding the proper settings in device pci0 od dsdt.aml.

If I put the HD4670 in slot1 it works ...PCIEFI 5 and Evoeanbler,4600.kext

But if I put it in PCIe slot 2 on bootup there is a message "slot1.." and botup stops.

Maybe I could add PEG2 device oin DSDT?

any hint, ...

Here it is.

SNOW LEOPARD ONLY. You still need to download PC-EFI 10.5.

Please keep listing your Device ID's in this thread

Known cards that work:

Asus EAH4650 (VGA works best, to use HDMI or DVI, both cables must be plugged in at the same time

Updated December 17 2009: Released version .3 beta

Hello From Greece and sorry about my bad English..

Can Someone to Explain me step by step how to do this.. ? can try more than 10 times with different ways but Nothing..

i m Newebi in that Pathfinders and i hope to find my direction.. thanks a lot.

Hi, i followed the instruction and i have sapphire hd 4650 512ddr2 installed but i'm stuck on 1024x768 resolution even with SwitchResX and the system read 256mb of memory.

Can anybody help.

ATI Radeon 4650 Series:

Modello Chipset: ATI Radeon 4650 Series

Tipo: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

Larghezza Lane PCIe: x16

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x9498

ID revisione: 0x0000

Revisione ROM: 113-B7710C-176

Versione driver EFI: 01.00.318

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1024 x 768

Profondità pixel: Colore 32 bit (ARGB8888)

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Mostra connettore:

did anyone got QE up and running on a 4670?

I'll need QE....

Really?! That's great news! I had read a lot of posts saying that QE/CI is not supported on the 4650s... I am using my 4650 as a secondary card- and it seems that there is no way to get ANY two ATI cards both working with QE/CI. But maybe... HOPEFULLY there actually is a way to have QE/CI with multiple ATI HD 4xxx series cards, or Apple will it happen with a future update. I would also like to learn if dual-monitor support from the ATI HD 4xxx series is possible- if so HOW? and if not WHY?

Anyway- THANKs! Glad to hear you got your card working! :-)

did you got QE up and running with a 4670 under 10.6.2?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1645 Core i7-720 lappy which I am trying to get going. It has the Mobility 4670 in it - I also have the 1920 x 1080 WLED display so I'm hoping this will be possible to get up and running. I am booting in 64bit with the Vanilla Kernel 10.2.0 (Snow Leopard 10.6.2).

Here is the info from the Sys Profiler...

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 4600 Series

Type: GPU

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9488

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 864

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

I am having issues getting this going even with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -pci1. I'm using PC EFI 10.6. I have a resolution of 1152 x 864 using GraphicsMode=1366x768x32 - but no QE/CI.

One thing I did notice is that the ROM and EFI version are different to the one in the iMac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=193718

Being a bit of a Hackintosh noob, I don't know if this would have any impact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you fancy a read, here is a 'diary' of my progress: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=472

If it is mobility it will not work.

Hey everyone.

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1645 Core i7-720 lappy which I am trying to get going. It has the Mobility 4670 in it - I also have the 1920 x 1080 WLED display so I'm hoping this will be possible to get up and running. I am booting in 64bit with the Vanilla Kernel 10.2.0 (Snow Leopard 10.6.2).

Here is the info from the Sys Profiler...

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon 4600 Series

Type: GPU

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9488

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 864

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

I am having issues getting this going even with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -pci1. I'm using PC EFI 10.6. I have a resolution of 1152 x 864 using GraphicsMode=1366x768x32 - but no QE/CI.

One thing I did notice is that the ROM and EFI version are different to the one in the iMac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=193718

Being a bit of a Hackintosh noob, I don't know if this would have any impact?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you fancy a read, here is a 'diary' of my progress: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=472

I forgot to mention, I had to install PC_EFI 10.5 (as stated in topic start) but just installing the package+repairing permissions resulted in a garbled screen at startup. So after I updated to OC_EFI 10.5 I had to extract ATI4600Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext from the installer with Pacifist, install them manually with KextHelper and add GraphicsEnabler=yes manually to Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist.

QE/CI works great on my card. Haven't tested DVI, only VGA.

Thanks G-Force, I followed this post for my XFX Radeon HD 4670 although I used Lizard tool for enabling <GraphicsEnabler> tag and installing boot 10.6.

QE/CI functional.

Output over DVI works fine.

Haven't tested VGA (don't plan on it anyways)

Thanks OP for drivers:D

and Thanks netkas for boot file:D

Here it is.

SNOW LEOPARD ONLY. You still need to download PC-EFI 10.5.

Please keep listing your Device ID's in this thread

Known cards that work:

Asus EAH4650 (VGA works best, to use HDMI or DVI, both cables must be plugged in at the same time

Updated December 17 2009: Released version .3 beta

Hi I have Palit ATI 4650 super 512 MB Device id 0x94981002

But it does not work. I have tried the booter by netkas and the 46xx installer and everything but nothing seems to work. System profiler still doesn show 4600 series instead it shows ATI 4890 with 256MB.

Is there anything i can do other than waiting untill someone else gets it working.

EDIT:

Got QE/CI working finally.

Did a fresh installl. Updated Chameleon to RC4. Used PC EFI 10.6.

Then installed the 46xx universal package. Rebooted and voila.. Done.!!

Whn i added a widget i can see that water ripple effect, DVD player and frontrow working and also got a tranlucent menu bar and all the screensavers working..

In the system profiler under extensions i cud see ATI4600Contoller.kext, ATIframebuffer.kect and ATIRadeonX2000.kext loaded.

But the only thing is my card is still recognized as 4890 rather than 4650. Any fix for this??

Thanks a lot for the installer... ;)

Nice package.

I needed EVOEnabler to function fully. Still struggling with DVI output, VGA only working so far.

A very weird situation with DVI - I have dual monitors (on dual DVI outputs) - when both are connected, I get picture on ONE screen. But that picture is distorted and OSX actually thinks it´s showing picture on the opposite screen of what it´s actually doing.

Example: I´m typing this on the SyncMaster 4:3 LCD, OSX insists its my Benq G2200HD with res 1920x1080. If I switch the cables around, it flips around. Calls Benq Syncmaster, and uses 1600x1200 resolution.

What the fudge is going on? :/

hello... well, i´m trying to make my HD 4650 1GB work, but i´m getting frustated...

All these kexts and informations works with PCiE cards right?

Well, mine is ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB, but it is AGP, i´m trying to figure if it is possible to make it work, My device ID is 9495 but i think the problem is the AGP...

someone knows if the beta installer will work for AGP cards ? it is possible or should i cry ?

thanks

My Gigabyte 4650 1 GB works flawlesslxy with vanilla 10.6.2 with Chameleon RC4.

Only I´m getting only one display recognized (DVI). It would be a bliss to get the second slot (VGA) recognized as a second display. I kind of need dual displays for editing. If I cant get it happen, I will go back to X1950Pro (got 4650 from a friend for free :angel:

Thanks for the installer, it´s amazing!