Nvidia G 210 GT 220, GT 240 & GTS 240?

111 posts in this topic

has anyone here tried OSX on any of Nvidia's new low & midrange cards?

thus far the only shred of OSX compatibility info I've seen is these device IDs, but it hardly a sure thing, and really requires someone with one of the cards to test

"x0a2010de&0xffa0ffff:
Code:
0a20  GT200 [GeForce GT 220]
[...]  
0a2f  ?
0a30  ?
[...]  
0a3f  ?
0a60  GT200 [GeForce G210]
0a61  ?
0a62  ?
0a63  ?
0a64  ?
0a65  GT200 [GeForce 210]
[...]
0a6f  ?
0a70  ?
[...]
0a7f  ?

http://www.infinitemac.com/f7/list-of-nvid...-leopard-t4385/

the GTS 240 appears to be a rebrand based upon the same G92 core as the 8800GT/9800GT, but from what I can gather the G 210, GT 220 and GT 240 are all new 40nm chips using new cores: (GT 215, 216, 218 GPU cores)

My biggest concern is that the reference design for these cards is now a HDMI/DVI/VGA combo, so less chance of proper dual monitor support in OSX, if the cores are even supported at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I am using an HP Slimline s5100 which has a NVidia G210 graphics card. The system works fine with Kalyway 5.10.2 but the only available resolution is 1024x768.

As I am not an advanced user, please, I`d appreciate it someone could give me basic instructions to have it fixed.

My monitor is an HP x2207h which goes up to 1680x1050 .

Please, let me know if I can help somehow to make any test.

Hi Angelo

1024x768 resolution implies you do not have active/functional video card drivers for your card. Odds are high you also do not have QI/CE/etc... either

unfortunately, I do not have enough experience with new nvidia cards under leopard to provide you with a basic solution.

Plus, it is entirely possible that there is no support for GT200 based cards under Leopard, since they are brand new, not included in apple's lineup, etc...

The limited reports I've seen of success with these cards are all with Snow Leopard, which includes newer nVidia drivers that apparently contain support for the GT200 GPU

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

I am using an HP Slimline s5100 which has a NVidia G210 graphics card. The system works fine with Kalyway 5.10.2 but the only available resolution is 1024x768.

As I am not an advanced user, please, I`d appreciate it someone could give me basic instructions to have it fixed.

My monitor is an HP x2207h which goes up to 1680x1050 .

Please, let me know if I can help somehow to make any test.

Same issue here, I got a working resolution by manually entering graphics mode 1680x1050 in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

• Like 1

Same issue here, I got a working resolution by manually entering graphics mode 1680x1050 in com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<string>y</string>

Does QE/CL work? Also, if anyone who has a GT 220 or GT 240 and can successfully get dual display to work in 10.5 or 10.6 for both the DVI and HDMI ports please report it here.

Bump.

Cmon, nobody has one of these cards yet?

Several have been shipping in common OEM machines for like 6 months now...

I nearly snapped up a GT 240 on Black Friday for $50, but ended up going for a used 8800GT instead

Hey logical,

I've got a GT 220 1gb from EVGA. You got any tips for me? The only way I am able to run it is the VESA non QE CI way. Thanks

Hey logical,

I've got a GT 220 1gb from EVGA. You got any tips for me? The only way I am able to run it is the VESA non QE CI way. Thanks

Just got my Inno3D GT 220 working with Snow Loepard 10.6.2 using the Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX 512Mb from EFIStudio.

I'm not an advanced user, but I have a 210 and I was able to input a custom resolution into the com.apple.boot.plist and everything seems to be working well. The top menu bar and dock are translucent...does that mean that quartz is working?

I do not believe so. Full QE/CI/etc... would give you full control of resolution switching in Displays, with no need for a custom res in com.apple.boot.plist

One way to check is to add a new widget to the dashboard, and watch for the ripple effect.

or... you could try this tool to test:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1375144

Are you running 10.6.2?

I assume you've tried Graphicsenabler=yes without success? If so, next best bet is EFI strings and see if you can replicate leclercqr's success by trying various strings in com.apple.boot.plist. The G210 and GT220 are similar, so theres a chance the same string will work for yours, but also a chance it wont :P

Hi, I have a Hack Pro running Leopard 10.5.8 with dual monitor using a PNY 7300gt video card. This has been awesome since I can have both 22" monitor running.

Until now, over the holidays, I stumbled on Woot.com, I got this very nice HP de-branded 23" monitor for cheap. Now I am getting greedy, I want a tri-monitor system!!!

I am looking at some nVedia 200 series cards because they have three video outputs - VGA+DVI+HDMI, I am wondering if anyone tried this configuration?

I have read some people got the 200 series working but I havn't heard anything about the multi-monitor support.

I have a 210 working:

GraphicsEnabler: off

EFI string: generic custom one made with osx86tools, only needed for proper nvcap.

Without the EFI string, the card seemed to have full acceleration, but dual screens didn't work. With GraphicsEnabler=yes I got a black screen, so I took it out, and then I was solid.

I have a 210 working:

EFI string: generic custom one made with osx86tools, only needed for proper nvcap.

Without the EFI string, the card seemed to have full acceleration, but dual screens didn't work. With GraphicsEnabler=yes I got a black screen, so I took it out, and then I was solid.

strange as for me on vanilla 10.6.2 i had no resolution options, had to manually configure and performance was very poor. I also get blank screen with graphics enabler = y

as per other thread if you can post the EFI string when you get hold of it that would be great.

thanks

strange as for me on vanilla 10.6.2 i had no resolution options, had to manually configure and performance was very poor. I also get blank screen with graphics enabler = y

as per other thread if you can post the EFI string when you get hold of it that would be great.

thanks

I have an ASUS GT220 working using Netkas' Device (PCI0) nvidia settings from his DSDT, patched into my DSDT from AsereBLN for my GA EP45-UD3R board (see Efixusers.com, Guides). I had it working before by using the GTX285 string from EFIStudio put into the Boot.plist in E/E. Either way I get full res selection and QE, with Cinebench10 of 6000. But System profiler only reports 512MB VRAM, when it is actually 1GB.

I have an ASUS GT220 working using Netkas' Device (PCI0) nvidia settings from his DSDT, patched into my DSDT from AsereBLN for my GA EP45-UD3R board (see Efixusers.com, Guides). I had it working before by using the GTX285 string from EFIStudio put into the Boot.plist in E/E. Either way I get full res selection and QE, with Cinebench10 of 6000. But System profiler only reports 512MB VRAM, when it is actually 1GB.

I got my GTS 240 working by using EFI Studio (www.kexts.com) and applying the 9800GT when it asks which video card you're using. I believe the 210 is a similar previous model, you may have luck with an older model as well. (If it makes any difference, I am using the DVI to VGA adapter that came with my computer not dual dvi)

I have a 210 working:

My G210 somewhat works. No QE, HDMI works only in safe mode and I am getting black screen over HDMI any time I boot normally. Over VGA it boots fine, but also without QE. Any ideas how to enable QE and make it work over HDMI when booting normally?

I am on Hazard 10.6.2 with NVEnabler+NVInject (I believe 0.2.2). The card (PNY) worked out of the box, i.e. in safe mode and gave black screen on normal boot. So while in safe boot I run OSX86Tools, clicked "Add EFI Strings", then "GFX Strings" tab and configured custom Custom GeForce with DVI/DVI. Then added to Boot.plist

<string>no</string>

Got black screen in normal boot, connected monitor over VGA and got it working without QE. Tried enabling QE with OSX86Tools, but now OSX86Tools give me error, so I have to write to defaults in Terminal.

So how do I enable QE and make it work over HDMI?

Hey, sorry for replying here but I have no where else to turn to lol.

I bought an Nvidia Geforce GT 240 graphics card, now I've been a follower of OSX86 for over a year, and until recently I had it working perfect, but since I've got this new graphics card, I've had nothing but trouble. I've tried searching on the net for GT 240 osx86 help but no one seems to have the card lol.

When I boot into Mac, the resolution is 1024x768 and there's no effects at all. I assume it's the graphics drivers, but I've tried EFI studio, GraphicsEnabler, and nothing has worked, I was just wondering if anyone on here could help me, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...