• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Om it might be a partition problem or some thing but i cant get the boot loader thing to work.
it says boot0: ok 4 times the it says boot0:error. :/ might it have some thing to do whit that it's not the only partition in the usb drive and it's not the first?

zizux

zizux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

1. Pull out your boot disk. Mount it on a mac.
2. Partition the drive w/ GUID Partition Table / Mac Os Extended Journaled.
3. Install OS X on it by using /System/Installation/OSInstall.mpkg from the SL disk.
4. Install the 10.6.2 Combo Update onto the drive.
5. Install Chameleon RC3 (http://www.insanelym...howtopic=184766) *make sure not to install onto your mac's boot disk which is the default*
6. Copy over the files from this archive, putting the boot file in your / dir (/Volumes/volName) and the Extra files in your /Extra (/Volumes/volName/Extra) directory.
7. Download the patched 10.6.2 kernel http://www.mediafire.com/?jfyynujykyy, backup the kernel in / and replace it with the one from the archive.
8. Put the drive back into your Zotac system. Set the bios as specified above.
9. ...
10. Profit!

Last night I did this and everything worked fine. Well at first I was trying to install via usb, but I followed this guide to a T and it boots up great, I setup the user and everything and installed programs. The software update popped up so wanting to update the aircard and a few other things so I let it update then it went to reboot and it gets to:

"Loaded HFS+ file: [System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes from 4253360"

And that is as far as it gets.

I figured maybe the updates caused this so I started over, reformated, reinstalled and booted back up. I again configured some things and then put it to sleep. When I came back it would not wake up, so I powered it off and now it is stuck at the same error.

I would really like to get using this system but if I can't ever reboot it then what good is it?

***** EDIT******

Seems my issue was with Chameleon, I reinstalled, recopied over the ionitx v2 files and all seems well

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Could some one pleas help me whit this (Im new to this), i have the same zotac mini-itx A-E, but i only hve 2Gb of ram do i have to recreate the DSTS if so how do i proceed to doing the? now when i boot it from a Usb drive i gett "pci root uid not found" on the "nVidia NVIDIA ION 9400mM 256MB NVav [10de:007d]" it it halts.

gary88

gary88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
hello to all !
I have installed 10.6.2 on my zotac Ion A board with this helpfull
manual with succes, only one issue still remains. After wake up from sleep via usb keyboard I,ve lost allother usb devices on the desktop, eyetv isn´t working anymore. Has somebody else this issue too ? Can be there a solution ? thanks !

gary

Could some one pleas help me whit this (Im new to this), i have the same zotac mini-itx A-E, but i only hve 2Gb of ram do i have to recreate the DSTS if so how do i proceed to doing the? now when i boot it from a Usb drive i gett "pci root uid not found" on the "nVidia NVIDIA ION 9400mM 256MB NVav [10de:007d]" it it halts.

Hello, I would try to boot from esata disk first, it is much easier and should work from the beginning.
I startet with usb too, without succes, tha I switched to an esata installation and it works.
If you install 10.6 first , you need nullcpu...kext to avoide a kernel panic ,bye and much luck...
gary

pitouthestar

pitouthestar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Does any one success on Zotac MiniPC MAGHD-ND01 ?

I'm interested too. Anyone?

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hello, I would try to boot from esata disk first, it is much easier and should work from the beginning.
I startet with usb too, without succes, tha I switched to an esata installation and it works.
If you install 10.6 first , you need nullcpu...kext to avoide a kernel panic ,bye and much luck...
gary

Well thats not good sins i don't have one :/. I'll have to borrow my brothers exteral-hdd and find my self a cable.

neepec

neepec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I'm interested too. Anyone?

I know some specifications of the MAGHD-ND01 motherboard, but I don't know if it has the same details that ION ITX A-E boards.

Computer: ACPI x64 based PC.
Graphics: NVIDIA ION.
Integrated network: NVIDIA nForce.
Integrated wireless: Atheros AR9285.
Hard Drive: Samsung HM160HI ATA.

I compare the ION ITX A boads back ports with the MAGHD-ND01 back ports and I can say that the motherboards aren't the same.

This information in: http://www.nexthardw...zotac-mag_4.htm

pitouthestar

pitouthestar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I know some specifications of the MAGHD-ND01 motherboard, but I don't know if it has the same details that ION ITX A-E boards.

Computer: ACPI x64 based PC.
Graphics: NVIDIA ION.
Integrated network: NVIDIA nForce.
Integrated wireless: Atheros AR9285.
Hard Drive: Samsung HM160HI ATA.

I compare the ION ITX A boads back ports with the MAGHD-ND01 back ports and I can say that the motherboards aren't the same.

This information in: http://www.nexthardw...zotac-mag_4.htm

The back ports are different, but maybe it is because the shape of the case made Zotac reorganize everything. The best would be if someone had the Mag and could try.
I'm hesitating myself to get one...

Do you a mini-ITX motherboard with LGA 775 sockets that's fully compatible with OSX?

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

gary

Ok i installed a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, now it says that expected 2 cores, but found 1" if i have hyperthreadign -enabled-. Is it the kext thats there is some thing wrong whit?

oh and um need a ps2 driver to i think i found one tough, just think it should be mentioned

gary88

gary88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Ok i installed a NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, now it says that expected 2 cores, but found 1" if i have hyperthreadign -enabled-. Is it the kext thats there is some thing wrong whit?

oh and um need a ps2 driver to i think i found one tough, just think it should be mentioned

Hi noobidoo,

That´s right, you should have hyperthreadind disabled at thist time.
When you have finished your installation, and you´re running 10.6.2 with the atom-patched kernel,
you can enable hyperthreading again and it will work....

About the ps2 keyboard I cannot help you, cause I use a usb keyboard,

Greeetings !

gary

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hi noobidoo,

That´s right, you should have hyperthreadind disabled at thist time.
When you have finished your installation, and you´re running 10.6.2 with the atom-patched kernel,
you can enable hyperthreading again and it will work....

About the ps2 keyboard I cannot help you, cause I use a usb keyboard,

Greeetings !

gary

I gott the ps2 keyboard to work during the installation, but the stopped working in the OS. Later i put them in /System/Library/Extensions and they are still not working.

The drivers i gott from http://cid-8b65993ef...x/.Public/OSx86

lucaiuli

lucaiuli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I can't boot from an USB Hdd attached.
I have an IDE hdd attached with an IDE->USB adapter and it won't works :P
I can see my hdd in Chameleon, I boot in verbose mode, but it hangs (see attached)
If I set in BIOS USB 2.0 to FullSpeed, instead of Hi-Speed I get kernel panic
btw - could someone put the BIOS settings pics, it could be very helpful for someone like me :)

Thank you very much

Iulian

Attached Files

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
mmm.
Im a bit disappointed whit the performance, it has some hiccups now and then.
And i'm not sure the graphics card is working as it should...
Wathcing a 1080p clip is not possible, as it is now.
Does some one have any tips to performance increase.

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Could some one pleas tell me why this is not working as it should, what info do you need to know and il post it.
I have tried to fiddle whit the bios and also tryed to install some ktex but nothing seems to help.

DamienValentine

DamienValentine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi. I am currently using D945GCLF2D Atom330-based motherboard and I have some performance issues. My iTunes library lags and Flash plug-in produces slideshows even on 480p videos on YouTube. I can't even run 720p Apple trailers. Can you tell me how is your progress? What's working and what's not? I mean 720p, 1080i, Safari/iTunes/Finder performance. I am planning to buy Zotac IONITX and trying to gather more information. Also, reviews I read on Google say everything works fine under XP. Did you try that?

noobidoo42

noobidoo42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hi. I am currently using D945GCLF2D Atom330-based motherboard and I have some performance issues. My iTunes library lags and Flash plug-in produces slideshows even on 480p videos on YouTube. I can't even run 720p Apple trailers. Can you tell me how is your progress? What's working and what's not? I mean 720p, 1080i, Safari/iTunes/Finder performance. I am planning to buy Zotac IONITX and trying to gather more information. Also, reviews I read on Google say everything works fine under XP. Did you try that?

The problem is i cant get the hardware decoding to work and i haven't gotten any response to how to get it working.
Well i know it works in windows there you have drivers for it, i haven't tried linux but i'm guessing thats a big no no :huh: .
Lol it's kind of funny that i might have to give up and go to running windows it when i'm using it as a server, but i was really hoping to play 1080p/i videos on the television whit it.

danova

danova

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I guess I'll use your experimental boot file, but I had one I was playing with to try to get refresh rates from Graphics Mode working

zherocharisma

zherocharisma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all:

First, thanks to everybody, especially Eugene 2k, for all the work put in on this effort. I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and just finished building my first hackintosh (and PC, for that matter). Right now everything seems to be working except my sound. I double checked my BIOS southbridge setting (INTERNAL) and "ALC662.kext" is in the /Extra/Extensions folder. I tried rebuilding the kextcache, but when I did I got a handful of error messages similar to this:

"the system extension "/system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/contents/plugins/applehdacontroller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a complete noob at this stuff, but judging from everything I've read, I've done everything right so far (sys profiler shows 1 processor, 2 cores, 4 threads, all USB ports work, shutdown and restart are okay, etc).

Any help you guys can provide would be super awesome. I'll post pics of my build as soon as the case is all buttoned up.

Thanks!
-Zhero

gary88

gary88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Hello,

I found out that the sleep mode on this zotac board seems to run only with usb 1.1

This can explain why an usb 1.1 mouse-keyboard works properly with the sleep funktion.

USB 2.0 high speed connections to harddisks, tv receiver sticks and other devices are killed after the board resumes from sleep.

In the systen profiler are all usb ports shown as "internal" but it doesn´t matter sleep function is not perfect at this time

is there anybody out, who can tell me how to improve the dsdt to get it fully working ?

Thanks very much !

Greetings !

gary

Chris G 19

Chris G 19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Does anyone know where I can find a pre-patched ISO with these kexts installed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy