Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

Hi. I am currently using D945GCLF2D Atom330-based motherboard and I have some performance issues. My iTunes library lags and Flash plug-in produces slideshows even on 480p videos on YouTube. I can't even run 720p Apple trailers. Can you tell me how is your progress? What's working and what's not? I mean 720p, 1080i, Safari/iTunes/Finder performance. I am planning to buy Zotac IONITX and trying to gather more information. Also, reviews I read on Google say everything works fine under XP. Did you try that?

The problem is i cant get the hardware decoding to work and i haven't gotten any response to how to get it working.

Well i know it works in windows there you have drivers for it, i haven't tried linux but i'm guessing thats a big no no :huh: .

Lol it's kind of funny that i might have to give up and go to running windows it when i'm using it as a server, but i was really hoping to play 1080p/i videos on the television whit it.

Hi all:

First, thanks to everybody, especially Eugene 2k, for all the work put in on this effort. I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, and just finished building my first hackintosh (and PC, for that matter). Right now everything seems to be working except my sound. I double checked my BIOS southbridge setting (INTERNAL) and "ALC662.kext" is in the /Extra/Extensions folder. I tried rebuilding the kextcache, but when I did I got a handful of error messages similar to this:

"the system extension "/system/library/extensions/applehda.kext/contents/plugins/applehdacontroller.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a complete noob at this stuff, but judging from everything I've read, I've done everything right so far (sys profiler shows 1 processor, 2 cores, 4 threads, all USB ports work, shutdown and restart are okay, etc).

Any help you guys can provide would be super awesome. I'll post pics of my build as soon as the case is all buttoned up.

Thanks!

-Zhero

Hello,

I found out that the sleep mode on this zotac board seems to run only with usb 1.1

This can explain why an usb 1.1 mouse-keyboard works properly with the sleep funktion.

USB 2.0 high speed connections to harddisks, tv receiver sticks and other devices are killed after the board resumes from sleep.

In the systen profiler are all usb ports shown as "internal" but it doesn´t matter sleep function is not perfect at this time

is there anybody out, who can tell me how to improve the dsdt to get it fully working ?

Thanks very much !

Greetings !

gary

I don't post here often, but I have a question. I may be coming into an IONITX-G-E soon, and I had a few questions. One, you said the DSDT may need to be patched for different amounts of RAM. I will be getting only 2GB. What exactly needs to be changed? (I know how to decompile, compile, etc... I just don't know what to change). Next, are there any specific parts of the DSDT that should be removed because of the slightly different model? Thanks for the help in advance.

hi, eugene k2, very thanks.

aopen XC mini GP7-HD is worked by this thread's method. compatibility to mac mini(early 2009) is highly 99.99999%.

XC mini GP7A-HD 's various bench mark result. Xbench, iBench, OpenMark, OpenCL ...etc.

XBench 1.3 Results

img20100214100447.png

XC mini T9900=GP7A-HD + C2D 3.06GHz + 8GB DDR3 + 500GB HDD

XC mini Q9000=GP7A-HD + C2D 2.00GHz + 8GB DDR3 + 500GB HDD

XC mini P7350=GP7A-HD + C2Q 2.00GHz + 8GB DDR3 + 500GB HDD

I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my PC using the Chameleon bootloader with my Snow Leopard Retail Disk. However, when I boot in to my Mac HD it says "Before you begin ... There isn't a keyboard connected to your computer."

I have no USB keyboards, only PS/2. If I was to get a cheap USB keyboard just to get this working would it work? Or could I get away with a PS/2 to USB converter?

Thanks in advance,

ChrisG19.

I couldn't get this walk through to work with Snow Leopard 10.6 or 10.6 server. I get a kernal panic trying to boot to the retail DVD something about CPUs being reported as 1 and supposed to be 2 or something and I installed it to an external USB drive using my iMac then followed the tutorial. Then I get a msg about guid and it won't continue booting. Not sure what exacly is the issue. If anyone knows let me know.

Zotac MAG 330

I couldn't get this walk through to work with Snow Leopard 10.6 or 10.6 server. I get a kernal panic trying to boot to the retail DVD something about CPUs being reported as 1 and supposed to be 2 or something and I installed it to an external USB drive using my iMac then followed the tutorial. Then I get a msg about guid and it won't continue booting. Not sure what exacly is the issue. If anyone knows let me know.

Zotac MAG 330

Make sure you have hyperthreading turned OFF as it gives you a kernel panic until SL 10.6.2, whereas hyperthreading is enabled.

I got further than before...using cpu=2 and USBBusFix=Yes. Now I'm pretty sure I'm locking up about the time the video card is being setup. Anyone know exactly what version of Chem boot disk I am supposed to be using? What boot options I'm supposed to pass at installation time? The bios settings for installation? I have been told H/T off, but the tutorial says H/T on. If someone would be kind enough to list the settings in order that would be great.

1. Download this version of chameleon boot loader

2. I tried booting with EMPIRE-EFI is there a different one I'm supposed to use?

3. Installation BIOS settings? AHCI? USB settings? video settings? ACPI?

4. What patch do I make to the Snow Leopard or do I patch the boot cd? or do I install SnowLeo to the hard drive from a real mac then patch it some how then boot to it?

5. Boot flags required for installation or boot?

Sorry things were a little unclear to me.

FYI I'm using a Zotac MAG 330

Thanks

THANK YOU!

This is by far the greatest hackintosh I have ever built. I say so because I was looking for a solution (replacement for my Media Center PC) and the Zotac IONITX-F-E was the perfect and greatest solution that I have found so far after long Google search nights and study.

Running a Shuttle K45 hackintosh won't cut it. I couldn't get that machine to play my Blu-Ray rips at a decent resolution (1920 x 1080) because of the old GMA950 so it was not an option to have it hook up into my TV. The other issue was the VGA output. I needed DVI or HDMI. Anyway, I decided to test this IONITX-F-E out and not expecting any less everything worked right out of the box for me!!!!

I can play 3 Bbrips at the same time without lags, I can put the machine to Sleep, Wireless works as expected. I can finally authenticate to my Radius server (WPA2-Enterprise) and the list goes on and on...

For references I'm going to take the time to explain everything I did, hardware specs and where to buy it.

Good luck everyone!

post-64173-1267066902_thumb.jpg post-64173-1267066919_thumb.jpg post-64173-1267066930_thumb.jpg post-64173-1267066946_thumb.jpg

There is no way you could go wrong with this build as a media center hackintosh. Have fun!

Hardware All from NewEgg:

Motherboard: ZOTAC IONITX-F-E

Memory RAM: G.SKILL 2 x 2GB DDR2 800

Case: Rosewill RC-CIX-01 WI

Hard Drive: WD Green 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

DVD Drive

Total Price: $384.94

Installation

I used an external enclosure (USB) to install Snow Leopard in the Hard Drive purchased from Newegg. NOTE: You need a Mac to do this or another machine running Snow Leopard.

Install OS X Snow Leopard from a retail DVD.

Boot into your new installation and upgrade to 10.6.2

Replace Kernel with the patched one for your Atom in / (root)

Install Chameleon 2.0-RC2-r640 (Yeah I used it myself and it is good

Replace boot in / (root)

Replace everything in the /Extra folder with the files (VERSION 2) from the first post in this topic.

post-64173-1267068585_thumb.png

post-64173-1267068646_thumb.png

Now move the hard drive into your hackintosh, boot up and have fun!

I was able to overclock the Atom 330 to 1.9GHz stable. Bumping up the FSB to 667MHz will leave the machine very unstable. Maybe playing with voltage a bit more with some time will actually allow me to hit the 2GHz... I do have the fan that came with the motherboard installed on top of the CPU and Chipset heatsink. The build is so quiet that you can't hear it running with your ear next to the box (even when the case has no cover!) That's how quiet it is!

This is what it looks like... It is so nice with the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse! You need a USB bluetooth dongle to be able to use the Magic Mouse and the wireless Keyboard.

post-64173-1267071053_thumb.jpg

And this is a QuickTime recording of the machine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Em82aiclI

Multimonitor on Zotac ITX-A

Perhaps it helps somebody. I tried multimonitor connection on ITX-A.

Following combinations are working.

VGA - HDMI

DVI -HDMI

VGA -DVI with HDMI/DVI Adapter

If you connect VGA and DVI both screens went black.

Multimonitor on Zotac ITX-A

Perhaps it helps somebody. I tried multimonitor connection on ITX-A.

Following combinations are working.

VGA - HDMI

DVI -HDMI

VGA -DVI with HDMI/DVI Adapter

If you connect VGA and DVI both screens went black.

I believe you need to have the Mirror Displays option set to OFF in Display settings because it won't work. I have 2 monitors connected HDMI and DVI to HDMI and it works as you mentioned...

Yoni

Yoni Yoni, good video!!!

At least it gives you an idea of what to expect. By the way, it runs photoshp just fine. I don't expect to do heavy photoshop on it cos' it is obviously not an option for the Atom 330 but again, it is not what I was looking for. As a Media center machine is great! Love it

I have installed OSXPCBETA ( Snow 10.6 10A432) on Zotac MAG N330

BIOS settings:

1.Need turn off CPU hyperthreading

2. USB set to FullSpeed

3. USB ECHI hand off Disabled

Use Chameleon 2.0 RC4 boot and add cpus=1

VoodooHDA works , Video use GraphicEnbler=yes

Hallo i have a Zotac MAG atom 330 and cannot to get Kalyway 10.5.2 or snow leopardHazard to run.

First i get "Hey we are going backwards ..."

then change and overclock the FSB bus i solve this problem but :

Snow leopard 10.6.x keeps reboot after i type -v arch=i386

and

Kalyway install it but at the first reboot after finished installation it cracks and keep rebooting infinetely.

There is any possibility to get a OSX version run on my MAG ??

What is OSXPCBETA ?? I cannot find any info on this release.

Have you tried some other release ?? The wi-fi card will be funcionally?? Is recognized as airport card or what ??

Regards

Hallo i have a Zotac MAG atom 330 and cannot to get Kalyway 10.5.2 or snow leopardHazard to run.

First i get "Hey we are going backwards ..."

then change and overclock the FSB bus i solve this problem but :

Snow leopard 10.6.x keeps reboot after i type -v arch=i386

and

Kalyway install it but at the first reboot after finished installation it cracks and keep rebooting infinetely.

There is any possibility to get a OSX version run on my MAG ??

What is OSXPCBETA ?? I cannot find any info on this release.

Have you tried some other release ?? The wi-fi card will be funcionally?? Is recognized as airport card or what ??

Regards

Google OSXPCBETA and use Translate this page

Did you tried cpus=1

Google OSXPCBETA and use Translate this page

Did you tried cpus=1

I have tried OSXPCBETA2010.iso too but it's the same. The installation was fine but at the first boot the system won't boot and says :

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

What's the problems ??

It's 20 days i try every distros : ideneb v1.4 , Kalyway 10.5.6 , Snow Leopard Hazard and now OSXPCBETA, with no positive results :)

Can someone send me the exactly BIOS settings for every voice ??

Regards