• Please log in to reply
1483 replies to this topic

HawgGuy

HawgGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I was wondering if some of you, use a wifi connection with their UD5 and if it's fully supported?

I use this,MAXPower, without much drama.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 911 posts
haha, thanks. I have ordered a Dell 1490+MP2W, hope it will be compliant with UD5/Core i7. Tough i bookmark your link.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 911 posts
i am currently modding the IOPlatformPlugin to downclock my CPU when idle. Do i have to include the long string between data too?

[codebox]<key>PLimitDict</key>
<dict>
<key>MacPro3,1</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
<key>StepDataDict</key>
<dict>
<key>MacPro3,1</key>
<string>SP1</string>
<key>SP1</key>
<data>
6gQAAAEAAAIJAAD/DwAA
Cw0AAP8PAAALDQAA/w8A
AAsNAAD/DwAACw0AAP8P
AAALDQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/
DwAACw0AAP8PAAALDQAA
/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAACw0A
AP8PAAALDQAA/w8AAAsN
AAD/DwAACw0AAP8PAAAL
DQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAA
Cw0AAP8PAAALDQAA/w8A
AAsNAAD/DwAACw0AAP8P
AAALDQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/
DwAACw0AAP8PAAALDQAA
/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAACw0A
AP8PAAALDQAA/w8AAAsN
AAD/DwAACw0AAP8PAAAL
DQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAA
Cw0AAP8PAAALDQAA/w8A
AAsNAAD/DwAACw0AAP8P
AAALDQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/
DwAACw0AAP8PAAALDQAA
/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAACw0A
AP8PAAALDQAA/w8AAAsN
AAD/DwAACw0AAP8PAAAL
DQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAA
Cw0AAP8PAAALDQAA/w8A
AAsNAAD/DwAACw0AAP8P
AAALDQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/
DwAACw0AAP8PAAALDQAA
/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAACw0A
AP8PAAALDQAA/w8AAAsN
AAD/DwAACw0AAP8PAAAL
DQAA/w8AAAsNAAD/DwAA
Cw0AAP8PAAALDQAA/w8A
AAsNAAD/DwAACwgAABUA
AAAUAAAAAQoAAAEAAAAB
AAAA9QABDQAAAQAABf8A
AQAAAAEAAAABBgAAAgAA
AAQCAACsANMAfQDWAMMA
KwcAAAIAAAABAAAAAQAA
AAIAAAACAgAAAgYAAAEA
AAABAAAA9QABDQAAAwAA
Bf8AAwIAAAMGAAACAAAA
BAAAAOAAyAAQDAAABQAA
AAQAAAAFAAAABAAAAAMA
AAABAAAABAYAAAIAAAAE
AQAACQA9DAAAAwQAAAUA
AAAEAgAABQYAAAEAAAAB
AAAA6AADDQAABgAABf8A
BQIAAAYGAAACAAAABAAA
AEAAQgAPDAAACAAAAAcA
AAAIAAAABwAAAAUAAAAB
AAAABwYAAAIAAAAEAQAA
CQA9DAAABgQAAAgAAAAG
AgAACAYAAAEAAAABAAAA
6AADDQAACQAABf8ABwIA
AAkGAAACAAAABAAAAMAA
zwBqDAAACwAAAAoAAAAL
AAAACgAAAAcAAAABAAAA
CgYAAAIAAAAEAQAACQA9
DAAACQQAAAsAAAAIAgAA
CwYAAAEAAAABAAAA6AAD
DQAADAAABf8ACQIAAAwG
AAACAAAABAAAAGAAGAAj
DAAADgAAAA0AAAAOAAAA
DQAAAAkAAAABAAAADQYA
AAIAAAAEAQAACQA9DAAA
DAQAAA4AAAAKAgAADgYA
AAEAAAABAAAA6AADDQAA
DwAABf8ACwIAAA8GAAAC
AAAABAAAAEAArAAnDAAA
EQAAABAAAAARAAAAEAAA
AAsAAAABAAAAEAYAAAIA
AAAEAQAACQA9DAAADwQA
ABEAAAAMAgAAEQYAAAEA
AAABAAAA9AABDQAAEgAA
Bf8ADQIAABIGAAACAAAA
BAIAAKwA0wB9ANYAwwAr
BwAAEgAAABMAAAASAAAA
EwAAAA0AAAABAAAAEwYA
AAIAAAAEAQAACQA9DAAA
EgQAABQAAAAOAgAAFAYA
AAIAAAAEAAAAoACGAAEM
AAACAAAAAgAAAAIAAAAC
AAA=
</data>
</dict>[/codebox]

FUT1L1TY

FUT1L1TY

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
d00d,

Please let us know if there are any DSDT changes between F9 and F10. Thank you again for this excellent guide.

FUT1L1TY

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

d00d,

Please let us know if there are any DSDT changes between F9 and F10. Thank you again for this excellent guide.

FUT1L1TY

You're welcome, post 1 was updated several days ago to read `and BIOS F9m through F10' for the descriptions of the attachments.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 911 posts
BIOS F10 is only two days old... thanks for your help..

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

I made a few changes to my system yesterday which have caused my system to run differently. The main change I made was replacing my bootloader with a modified version of Chameleon/PC-EFI (found here: http://www.efixusers...read.php?t=644) called AsereBLN Booter. It allows the removal of kexts like OpenHaltRestart/EvoReboot and PlatformUUID. After installing it sleep doesn't seem to be working. The computer wakes, but the monitor doesn't come out of standby, but I don't get the continual GPU fan noise I would usually get when it didn't work before.

The only other change I made was to audio. I patched DSDT and installed LegacyHDA.kext to S/L/E.

I got a kernel panic when trying to shutdown, but restart seemed to work the first time.

I imagine the problem is caused by the bootloader. Anyone have any ideas?

I tried AsereBLN 1.1.8, restart works without additional kext, and sleep and resume from sleep works.
It's nice how it auto detects Hardware UUID, PCI root, CPU type and speed, Memory type, manufacturer, speed and serial number.
The only thing it doesn't detect is Processor Interconnect Speed, that still needs something like the following in smbios.plist;
<key>SMbusspeed</key>
<string>7200</string>

aikidoka25

aikidoka25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I tried AsereBLN 1.1.8, restart works without additional kext, and sleep and resume from sleep works.
It's nice how it auto detects Hardware UUID, PCI root, CPU type and speed, Memory type, manufacturer, speed and serial number.
The only thing it doesn't detect is Processor Interconnect Speed, that still needs something like the following in smbios.plist;
<key>SMbusspeed</key>
<string>7200</string>

anyone had tried it with ATI4870?

i have to use PCEFI 10.5 with GraphicsEnabler = Yes in boot.plist
tried Chameleon RC4 before it is not working and generates KP.

right now i am booting 64bits
and only have 3 kexts
EvOreboot.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
fakesmc.kext

LocusOfControl

LocusOfControl

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

<key>SMbusspeed</key>
<string>7200</string>

What is the hardware uuid? I thought it was arbitrary on a hackintosh?

ie you set it yourself or the boot file sets a random value, do you mean boot-uuid?

I'm using Corsair 1600Mhz RAM, it doesn't show a serial number even in everest on windows ;-(

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

What is the hardware uuid? I thought it was arbitrary on a hackintosh?

ie you set it yourself or the boot file sets a random value, do you mean boot-uuid?

I'm using Corsair 1600Mhz RAM, it doesn't show a serial number even in everest on windows ;-(

It's IOPlatformUUID in ioreg, which is the system-id read from the CMOS in SMBIOS Table 1 and then hashed with SHA-1.
It's unique for each machine, but it can be manually set with SMUUID in smbios.plist, or system-id=no in com.apple.Boot.plist if you want to use PlatformUUID.kext to override (system-id=yes for the default DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D?).

callumj09

callumj09

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Just a quick question at #14, it says:

To get audio working with the Realtek ALC889A, ALC888 and ALC889 without any additional kext, make modifications ...

Can I use those DSDT fixes for audio without any kexts on the UD3R? I'm curious as it looks like there are no pin configurations listed there.

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Can I use those DSDT fixes for audio without any kexts on the UD3R? I'm curious as it looks like there are no pin configurations listed there.

yes

update;
no

callumj09

callumj09

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

<key>SMbusspeed</key>
<string>7200</string>

What do you use instead of that normally? I noticed you're not using any restart or UUID kexts.

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

What do you use instead of that normally? I noticed you're not using any restart or UUID kexts.

When I had to restart the machine I would select Apple:Shut Down, then when it was shut down I would press the power button to start it up again.

Cosmin Petre

Cosmin Petre

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

If you have a GA-EX58-UD5 with an i7 920 or Xeon W3520, i7 950 or Xeon W3550, or i7 975 or Xeon W3580, you can use BIOS F9m or F9p and the attached DSDT.aml (do 6 and 7), or read on if you only want selected modifications, or just like doing it yourself.

Hey Dood, I've been away for way too long and it's impressive to see the progress that's been made with DSDT in the community.

I havent tinkered with my (digital_dreamer) install since install but high CPU temps have led me back to the forums. I like to do things myself and will thoroughly read through your post on the front page - However, as a quick dirty trial to see if temps are reduced I wanted to use the provided DSDT in the first post to see if temps are reduced before I delve deeper with some fine tuning.

What I need to know - Is there a list of the required kexts required using your provided DSDT that ensures functionality (audio,network etc) for testing?

Many thanks for your work

d00d

d00d

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Hey Dood, I've been away for way too long and it's impressive to see the progress that's been made with DSDT in the community.

I havent tinkered with my (digital_dreamer) install since install but high CPU temps have led me back to the forums. I like to do things myself and will thoroughly read through your post on the front page - However, as a quick dirty trial to see if temps are reduced I wanted to use the provided DSDT in the first post to see if temps are reduced before I delve deeper with some fine tuning.

What I need to know - Is there a list of the required kexts required using your provided DSDT that ensures functionality (audio,network etc) for testing?

Many thanks for your work

You're welcome, the list is in post 1 before Links.

Cosmin Petre

Cosmin Petre

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

You're welcome, the list is in post 1 before Links.

Meh, sorry guys - missed that.

The Real Deal

The Real Deal

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 911 posts

anyone had tried it with ATI4870?

i have to use PCEFI 10.5 with GraphicsEnabler = Yes in boot.plist
tried Chameleon RC4 before it is not working and generates KP.

right now i am booting 64bits
and only have 3 kexts
EvOreboot.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
fakesmc.kext

Hi, no yet with my 4870, hope it will bring the sleep back; LOC get rid of the orange drives issue so there is a way to get rid of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector/Orangeiconfix kexts.

LocusOfControl

LocusOfControl

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Hi, no yet with my 4870, hope it will bring the sleep back; LOC get rid of the orange drives issue so there is a way to get rid of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector/Orangeiconfix kexts.

To get rid of the orange icons you need to edit your DSDT, I would first suggest searching for ESB2 on this site

Find Device (SATA) if you have it and change it to this, you possibly don't have SATA so find Device (IDE1) and (IDE2)
and delete them, replacing in the same region with the following

Device (SATA)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x02)                        {                            "device-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }

However, before you do I should warn you to read this

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1399075

having said that I've been using this for 2 months without issue on a WD drive so I'm not convinced of any danger

your risk though!

ryansimms

ryansimms

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

I'm having a hard time getting sound to work without a kext. I followed the instructions in #14A, but built in sound isn't showing up. I do have a digidesign mbox (usb audio interface) installed, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've posted a link to my dsdt.dsl if anyone wants to take a look and here's a screenshot of what system profiler has to say about the built in audio.

Thanks,
Ryan!

http://dl.dropbox.co...605698/DSDT.dsl
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy