DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

kdawg, I'm using your scope _PR for speedstep. It reduces my temperature with 10C compared to FormerlyKnownAs code.

BTW... do you have an idea how can I solve this problem ? http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1924024/speedstep.jpg I would like to build my DSDT from scratch... My current DSDT is a big copy/paste :)

I've seen that error earlier today, I forgot to add the -newHPET flag while compiling my DSDT, and it gave that exact kernel panic.

ex: ./DSDT\ Patcher -newHPET Debug/dsdt.dsl

kdawg Thanks, mate! I appreciate your help!

I have FakeSMC, PlatformUUID, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, and EvoReboot. Nothing else...

I think the problem is DSDT related. I'm using your DSDT and everything works fine.

I've seen that error earlier today, I forgot to add the -newHPET flag while compiling my DSDT, and it gave that exact kernel panic.

ex: ./DSDT\ Patcher -newHPET Debug/dsdt.dsl

Which DSDT Patcher are you using? I have iasl from fassl package.

Yeah using fassl's package

Just noticed that my hack won't sleep at all now, it goes down, then the god damn DVD drive makes a noise, and it wakes up again, it never used to do this before recent changes to DSDT... just gotta pinpoint it down...

Thanks. I applied the HPET fix.

Now, I don't have a kernel panic but the screen is black for 10 seconds and the desktop start up very slow.. I lost the network connection.. My netgear 311 is plug and play, and doesn't require any driver.. Also, my video card works with GraphicsEnabler. I can say my hackintosh is very OS X friendly ;)

Unfortunately, the HPET fix breaks something at network :( This problem happens with a clean DSDT (just speedstep is applied and HPET).

dsdt.dsl.zip

Tried with my old dsdt and sleep works without waking up every 5 seconds... kdawg do you have this problem? I think I/we've cut a little too much maybe?

this probably doesn't help at all but I've attached both for anyone who might want to take a look

(yes I know the old one has tons of other things wrong with it :( but it compiles and sleep works)

working_sleep.dsl.zip

no_sleep.dsl.zip

That's weird, I've never had that happen to me, I only know for my board (EP45-UD3P) if I don't use the newHPET I get your kernel panic, it shouldn't be doing anything to your LAN, AFAIK all the -newHPET does it replace the "Device (HPET)" in dsdt

Also, I figured out the sleep problem, you'll never believe it, I took my non-sleeping dsdt, injected the AAPL-clock-id into the EHCI devices, and system now stays asleep until I want to wake it up....

No go on auto-sleep.

You're right. Looking back, it was when I added in PSS PSD and CST to get Speedstep working that Sleep suddenly became functional. That was when I started using a new dsdt as a model, so really, too many things changed at once to pin it down to one thing.

Thanks man, that does make things much easier to understand. Though, there are still a few devices in my dsdt that don't show up in lspci that I'm still wondering about...

So, am I right to assume that PEX1 and PEX2 are probably unused PCI slots on my board?

Aargh-a-Knot what bootloader are you using and can I get the contents of your com.apple.Boot.plist also perhaps your smbios.plist?

Thanks.

That's weird, I've never had that happen to me, I only know for my board (EP45-UD3P) if I don't use the newHPET I get your kernel panic, it shouldn't be doing anything to your LAN, AFAIK all the -newHPET does it replace the "Device (HPET)" in dsdt

Also, I figured out the sleep problem, you'll never believe it, I took my non-sleeping dsdt, injected the AAPL-clock-id into the EHCI devices, and system now stays asleep until I want to wake it up....

No go on auto-sleep.

Sounds like you have some USB2.0 device that wakes up your system. As a fix you have now broken Ehci devices to prevent USB2.0 devices from causing wake up.

I can only wake up from sleep when pressing the mous or the power button. Is there any fix that allows the computer to wake up from sleep when pressing any key on the keyboard?

It would be much easier to answer if we knew what kind of keyboard you are talking about.

Sounds like you have some USB2.0 device that wakes up your system. As a fix you have now broken Ehci devices to prevent USB2.0 devices from causing wake up.

Yup, it was the damn webcam that's built into my monitor causing the wakeups, unplugged it and it's all good, don't suppose there's a way to fix that in dsdt.

@ kdawg What are you using for the orange icon fix?
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, I would advise against the ESB patch.

Here ya go: Aargh_a_Knot_s_Whole_Shebang.zip

I'm still using the first Chameleon2 rc4 mod that included Duvel300´s restart patch...

I've tried adapting your DSDT with no improvement. I'm thinking the auto-sleep issue might be the one of a few things in order of likelihood.

1. Possibly one or both of the USB hubs I have plugged into my motherboard headers.

2. One of the add-on cards, WLAN or GFX.

3. One of the DSDT device injector patches.

I've trying to nail this down since SL came out.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, I would advise against the ESB patch.

I've tried adapting your DSDT with no improvement. I'm thinking the auto-sleep issue might be the one of a few things in order of likelihood.

1. Possibly one or both of the USB hubs I have plugged into my motherboard headers.

2. One of the add-on cards, WLAN or GFX.

3. One of the DSDT device injector patches.

I've trying to nail this down since SL came out.

I've been trying to solve this problem as well. In his DSDT, I had to modify device (DMAC) for my version of the board and BIOS.

Device (DMAC) {   //  *Renamed from (DMA1) and added two IO blocks.              
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0200"))
                   Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () {                    
                       DMA (Compatibility, BusMaster, Transfer8, )
                           {4}
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x00, 0x10, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0080, 0x0080, 0x01, 0x11, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0094, 0x0094, 0x01, 0x0C, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x00C0, 0x00C0, 0x01, 0x20, )
                   }) // End (_CRS)

I have two SATA DVD drives (one LG, one Sony) and other USB devices (no hubs). I've tried every combination of things plugged in and unplugged and still no joy. I have been using netkas 10.5 boot file and the following extensions: fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyHDA, OSXRestart, PlatformUUID. I still need to try it out without VoodooMonitor.kext. I have tried different variations of the newer boot files, however none seemed as reliable as netkas 10.5.

One more stupid question. How do you monitor speed stepping without VoodooMonitor.kext?
fakesmc and istatmenu

I've been trying to solve this problem as well. In his DSDT, I had to modify device (DMAC) for my version of the board and BIOS.

Device (DMAC) {   //  *Renamed from (DMA1) and added two IO blocks.              
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0200"))
                   Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate () {                    
                       DMA (Compatibility, BusMaster, Transfer8, )
                           {4}
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0000, 0x0000, 0x00, 0x10, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0080, 0x0080, 0x01, 0x11, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x0094, 0x0094, 0x01, 0x0C, )
                       IO (Decode16, 0x00C0, 0x00C0, 0x01, 0x20, )
                   }) // End (_CRS)

I have two SATA DVD drives (one LG, one Sony) and other USB devices (no hubs). I've tried every combination of things plugged in and unplugged and still no joy. I have been using netkas 10.5 boot file and the following extensions: fakesmc, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyHDA, OSXRestart, PlatformUUID. I still need to try it out without VoodooMonitor.kext. I have tried different variations of the newer boot files, however none seemed as reliable as netkas 10.5.

I'll post my BIOS settings too. Maybe it's the overclock settings.

Anyone here using bootloader GFX injection with dual cards? I seem to remember reading I have to set my BIOS to boot off PEG2. I have yet to successfully use graphics enabler with dual cards.

I also want to thank mm67 for inspiring me for my next build. Santa must have thought I was really good this year, because he (OK, well she in this case ;) ) brought me this new toy: MSI P55M-GD45

And, got the i7-860 in my stocking. :D

It helps that I promised my current machine to my wife, once I build my new one.

..but nowhere near as sexy as the UD3P in the looks department :D ....

I like your approach to get your partners approval!

Affter adding HPET fix I lost the ethernet connection and OSX start up very slow..

I solved the problem removing the "IRQNoFlags" in Device (PIC) and Device (TMR). I don't understand the logic, but it works!

Device (PIC)
               {
                   Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0000"))
                   Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
                   {
                       IO (Decode16,
                           0x0020,             // Range Minimum
                           0x0020,             // Range Maximum
                           0x01,               // Alignment
                           0x02,               // Length
                           )
                       IO (Decode16,