DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

Yes, my EHCI Fixes are not needed anymore, the AAPL Entries need to be removed, or it doesn't work. The EHCI entries need to be like in mm67's DSDT. Great work!

Can someone post an up to date mm67 dsdt(zipped) with that changes ?

This isn't a DSDT fix but a way to help navigate the very long DSDT files. One of my favorite tools for text editing is BBEdit. I'm sure most everyone is familiar with this tool but I wanted to share a lesser known feature of BBEdit and that's code folding. Basically you assign your text file a "language" so to speak and turn on Auto-expand tabs. And it will visually compress the file so you can actually see the file structure. ACPI is written in ANSI C but I prefer ActionScript. You can access the text options in Edit menu under Text Options.

See the attached screen shots to see what I mean. BBEdit is $125 ($50 Educational) but you can get a 30 day demo. Just be sure to get all your editing done in 30 days. (That's a joke BTW)

post-16858-1261090918_thumb.pngpost-16858-1261090927_thumb.pngpost-16858-1261090933_thumb.png

Another tip. Hold down the Option Key while you toggle arrows open and closed to fold all the subfolders. Oh and turn on line numbers too for when you're tracking down compile errors.

Like I said this won't be news for some but there seems to be plenty of n00bs out there. Hopefully this will make DSDT more accessible to those guys.

Good luck and read before you ask.

EDIT: One last tip. Select a field of text then press Shift+[ or Shift+] and that will increase and decrease text indentation. Try it out to see what I mean.

Hello Everybody !

Anyone here using an EP45-UD3R & E8400 Combo?

Hi Shaj

Here you go my DSDT based on MM67(Thank you !) work.

sleep-autosleep, sleep by pwr button, audio (+LegacyHDA), 9600GT (efi string), E8400 speedstepping, Firewire with Hotplug = works

using:

LegacyHDA.kext (thanks to THE KING and tmongkol)

OSXRestart.kext (Thanks Go.. oops MasterChieff :])

fakesmc.kext (Spasiba Netkas !)

and MM67 could you please pm me your address? I would like to send you a BIG bucket of cherries, thank you !!!

I would appreciate any comments, advise, if needed about my dsdt file

cheers

Now Master Jedi- I have an issue that I know effects others - I'm booting a SW RAID (sure this is issue generally) also, my drives keep switching around. mainly my boots are 1s3 and 2s3 (this in it's self is odd as my 2 RAID'd drives are 0 ans 1 in BIOS.) but sometimes I have 0s3 and 2s3 or 3s3 etc etc .. i believe IRQ routing table issue ??

same problem here.. Very very annoying !

could write about IRQ changing issue but..

have no clue how to check HDs IRQs under OSX..

Regards

S.

@Master Chief Is lspci 64bit compatible?

86:lspci zoliky$ sudo kextload lspcidrv.kext
Password:
/Users/zoliky/Desktop/lspci/lspcidrv.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

@Master Chief Is lspci 64bit compatible?

86:lspci zoliky$ sudo kextload lspcidrv.kext
Password:
/Users/zoliky/Desktop/lspci/lspcidrv.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

This one is 64-bit compatible

lspci_V1.1.pkg.zip

Hi Shaj

Here you go my DSDT based on MM67(Thank you !) work.

sleep-autosleep, sleep by pwr button, audio (+LegacyHDA), 9600GT (efi string), E8400 speedstepping, Firewire with Hotplug = works

using:

LegacyHDA.kext (thanks to THE KING and tmongkol)

OSXRestart.kext (Thanks Go.. oops MasterChieff :])

fakesmc.kext (Spasiba Netkas !)

Awesome swavek. Thanks for posting that. Two quick questions:

1) Are the above three the only kexts you use in Exra?

2) Is your CPU overclocked?

Thanks again mate!

This isn't a DSDT fix but a way to help navigate the very long DSDT files. One of my favorite tools for text editing is BBEdit.

Thanks for the tip kdawg.

I haven't used BBEdit in years, though I have been using TextWrangler (which is Bare Bones' free text editor). I have just tried the BBEdit demo and yes, the option to collapse code is something I was looking for a while back when I started reading and understanding a DSDT's structure. I agree it definitely helps with long DSDT files to visualise what's where etc.

Thanks for the tip kdawg.

I haven't used BBEdit in years, though I have been using TextWrangler (which is Bare Bones' free text editor). I have just tried the BBEdit demo and yes, the option to collapse code is something I was looking for a while back when I started reading and understanding a DSDT's structure. I agree it definitely helps with long DSDT files to visualise what's where etc.

In Windows i always use Notepad++ to view and Edit DSDT..On mac i have using BBEdit too..

It helps to view the DSDT structure and your sections..and for some peoples get rid of syntax errors.. "(", ")" ..

Very usefull tip.

In Windows i always use Notepad++ to view and Edit DSDT..On mac i have using BBEdit too..

It helps to view the DSDT structure and your sections..and for some peoples get rid of syntax errors.. "(", ")" ..

Very usefull tip.

I have to mention DiffMerge too… again. Sorry, but I see too many people here ask what they did wrong then ask someone else to fix it. I don't mind lending a hand when I know they've tried to track it down themselves. Best thing is this one's FREE. It will compare two files against each other and mark the differences. Easy! Occasionally when it gets confused you have to put in a manual alignment marker to get things lined up again.

http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/

post-16858-1261133116_thumb.png

as we say in Scouse land - Ta La' - works for me!

:D

Now Master Jedi- I have an issue that I know effects others - I'm booting a SW RAID (sure this is issue generally) also, my drives keep switching around. mainly my boots are 1s3 and 2s3 (this in it's self is odd as my 2 RAID'd drives are 0 ans 1 in BIOS.) but sometimes I have 0s3 and 2s3 or 3s3 etc etc .. i believe IRQ routing table issue ??

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ic=532&st=0 post14

Sh*t annoying especially if making changes to 2 drives (RAID setup.) and each boot you have too look them up!

Appol' for OT and appol' if I've missed a fix.

Any ideas?

D.

Did you specify your UUID as a kernel flag in your com.apple.boot.plist?

Like so:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string>arch=i386 boot-uuid=6BC6A3B2-DDA3-3CED-88CF-44E38C66F473</string>
   <key>Default Partition</key>
   <string>hd(1,2)</string>

Where can I obtain the shutdown fix for OSXRestart? Thanks!

Shutdown fix was made by mm67, it´s a DSDT fix not an OSXRestart patch..

OSXRestart.kext by MasterChief fix RESTART only.

You can get mm67 DSDT on Post#744 page 38..Try using Method _PTS from his DSDT..

Regards.

Hey guys,

Back after a long absence.... Anyway I noticed still a lot of people have problems restarting their hack and are using some type of kext file to accomplish this. I solved this a while back by modifying the boot file to load a different FADT file (also known as FACP). Hack's that will not reboot are missing some information in the FADT table that the OS needs to initiate a successful restart. I included both the boot file which is based on the latest Chameleon RC4 and a FADT.aml that should get you started. the aml file should work on all Gigabyte EP45 boards, EP35 users might need to remove the PM2 address. You will need a hex editor for this and use the DSL file as a reference for the offsets. But always compare the address offsets in the included FADT file with your own FADT to be sure. The boot file will take care of the CRC after modifying the file.

How to Install:

- Copy the boot file to the root of your OSX partition.

- Copy the FADT.aml to the same folder where you have your DSDT.aml file.

- Reboot

The other 2 files included in the package is the source file with the changes I made and the decompilation of the FADT.aml file.

Good Luck!

RestartFix.zip

Thank you Duvel300.

Now people here can also fix the wrong latency values – in the same table – because like I said here this might be blocking ACPI CA from entering a C2+ state (the values are wrong anyway). Let's see what this brings.

Good job!

Note: If you have something like this:

[05Fh 095  1]				 _CST Support : E3
[060h 096  2]				   C2 Latency : 0065
[062h 098  2]				   C3 Latency : 03E9

Then you need to fix it. Just follow the provided link.

Hack's that will not reboot are missing some information in the FADT table that the OS needs to initiate a successful restart. I included both the boot file which is based on the latest Chameleon RC4 and a FADT.aml that should get you started. the aml file should work on all Gigabyte EP45 boards, EP35 users might need to remove the PM2 address. You will need a hex editor for this and use the DSL file as a reference for the offsets. But always compare the address offsets in the included FADT file with your own FADT to be sure. The boot file will take of the CRC after modifying the file.

Thanks for sharing the info and the patch.

However would be great if you can get in more details, about what is missing and what should be replaced/added.

I tried some fixes in my BIOS, but stupid sucker overwrite all I did on boot, so loading modified one is best IMHO...unless I'll find where in BIOS is the culprit code that does {censored}...

Thanks for sharing the info and the patch.

However would be great if you can get in more details, about what is missing and what should be replaced/added.

I tried some fixes in my BIOS, but stupid sucker overwrite all I did on boot, so loading modified one is best IMHO...unless I'll find where in BIOS is the culprit code that does {censored}...

The failing tables are missing the Reset Register bits:

[074h 116 12]			   Reset Register : <Generic Address Structure>
[074h 116  1]					 Space ID : 01 (SystemIO)
[075h 117  1]					Bit Width : 08
[076h 118  1]				   Bit Offset : 00
[077h 119  1]				 Access Width : 00
[078h 120  8]					  Address : 0000000000000CF9
[080h 128  1]		 Value to cause reset : 06

If you have this register in your table then OSXRestart.kext should work – which is the case for your hardware if I remember it correctly.

Note: See also ACPI specification. And here "Reset Register Supported" was 0, which I changed into 1 as a test. Not that it changed anything but anyway.

Hey guys,

Back after a long absence…… Anyway I noticed still a lot of people have problems restarting their hack and are using some type of kext file to accomplish this. I solved this a while back by modifying the boot file to load a different FADT file (also known as FACP). Hack's that will not reboot are missing some information in the FADT table that the OS needs to initiate a successful restart. I included both the boot file which is based on the latest Chameleon RC4 and a FADT.aml that should get you started. the aml file should work on all Gigabyte EP45 boards, EP35 users might need to remove the PM2 address. You will need a hex editor for this and use the DSL file as a reference for the offsets. But always compare the address offsets in the included FADT file with your own FADT to be sure. The boot file will take of the CRC after modifying the file.

How to Install:

- Copy the boot file to the root of OSX partition.

- Copy the FADT.aml to the same folder where you have your DSDT.aml file.

- Reboot

The other 2 files included in the package is the source file with the changes I made and the decompilation of the FADT.aml file.

Good Luck!

brilliant :)

now, no kext are needed to reboot neither to shutdown/sleep

excellent work, only question :

can you explain how to patch the fadt.aml, i have a P35 and the PM2 address is 0000000000000000

or how to recompile our own facp table, iasl gives me errors (even if i don't edit the dsl file) :

/Users/cparm/Desktop/facp.dsl	12: [000
Error	4096 -					  ^ Invalid character (0x5B), expecting ASL keyword or name

/Users/cparm/Desktop/facp.dsl	12: [000
Error	4096 -						 ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_INTEGER, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK

ps: i have recompiled PC_EFI 10.5 with your patch, since chameleon Rc4 gives me an error with system profiler in the sata section : "no device found" ???

with the patched pc_efi all work like a charm ;) =>