[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

I think the HD is the problem - it is one of the newer 4k sector size "Advanced Format" HDs

EDIT: indeed this was the problem. I just placed the original 250GB HD back into the M1530 and installed clover on it - works like a charm!

Now the question is has anyone got one of those modern drives working with clover and M1530?

Immo do you have Dynamic Acceleration activated in BIOS when using Clover? I am getting problems with sound when it is turned on (seems like a problem with the audio clock)

usualy IRQ removals and add 11 to HPET fixes it

slice just posted his inspiron 1525 config (intel x3100) but the rest should apply

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287367-help-with-inspirion-1525-on-1075-plz/

Hello all,

I am seeking help for my M1330 (with GMA 965 aka X3100). I am currently running 10.7.5 with these kexts http://www.osx86.net/view/3459-intel_x3100_rev_0x2a02_32bits_and_qe-c_...html

It is told that I needed to swith to 32 bit mode for this graphics card but when I do so, I experience black screen problem at the boot. 64 bit mode works but with an incorrect resolution.

Do you think that it is related to my DSDT? I am using the one named : DSDT_M1330_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029.zip

Hello all,

I am seeking help for my M1330 (with GMA 965 aka X3100). I am currently running 10.7.5 with these kexts http://www.osx86.net...nd_qe-c_...html

It is told that I needed to swith to 32 bit mode for this graphics card but when I do so, I experience black screen problem at the boot. 64 bit mode works but with an incorrect resolution.

Do you think that it is related to my DSDT? I am using the one named : DSDT_M1330_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029.zip

Hello Satan. For your own benefit, please add your system specifications to your forum signature. Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

please help, after updating to 10.8.3 i've used the patch for gpu power mananger but also installing the original kexts from the installer the boot stack after wireless or ethernet message...can you send me the kexts related in the previous post? please

I've also removed the kext for gpupowerm but nothing is changed, it doesn't boot, I'm writing from a copy backup of another hackintosh that boot with m1530 but without qe...also if I've changed dsdt and kexts in this usb backup but there is some other kexts that make this copy different and not installable into internal disk cause it had other kind of problems. help please

hi man ...I've made a real disaster with my kexts. can you upload for me the following? GeForce.kext, NVDAN50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext? thank you a lot....help please

Here are all the NVIDIA [8.10.44] kexts from the OS X 10.8.3 along with the properly patched AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext:

NVIDIA GeForce - 10.8.3 8.10.44.zip

And the winner is MEEEE with a great help from mr DARWINX....you rule man!!! ;)

No problem, I'm glad that it worked for you, I'm always happy to help when I can.

OOOOO noooo I've not trasparency....so I think no QE, I'm using your kexts and your dsdt from 10.7.4 and also your smbios and chaleon.org......is not possible I've not QE....this is a damnation.....

Perhaps you are missing the GeForceGLDriver.bundle which I didn't previously upload due to its large size which exceeds the forum's upload limit of 10 mb.

There is really no way of knowing your system's deficiencies without the kernel log output and other relevant diagnostic data.

Long time ago I made a guide for installing Leopard on XPS-M1330, since I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them, I left the forum before Snow Leopard appeared, now I trying to have Snow Leopard on my XPS, everithing works except audio and I am kind of lost. I tried VoodooHDA with no success, I am confused with the

HDEF patch, how do I make the patch or what do I need to install besides VoodooHDA?

Thanks, and excelent effort with the DSDT.

macgirl

--

Well I got sound but only in the Hearphone Jacks, speakers doesn't produce any sound at all.

Edited by macgirl

Long time ago I made a guide for installing Leopard on XPS-M1330, since I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them, I left the forum before Snow Leopard appeared, now I trying to have Snow Leopard on my XPS, everithing works except audio and I am kind of lost. I tried VoodooHDA with no success, I am confused with the

HDEF patch, how do I make the patch or what do I need to install besides VoodooHDA?

Thanks, and excelent effort with the DSDT.

macgirl

Welcome back Macgirl! I am glad to see that you are still around the hackintosh scene. Your guide was always very helpful and well received by our community, and I'm sure that it is still remembered and appreciated by many, including myself.

The Dell XPS remains quite compatible and stable under the latest versions of the OS X provided the AppleACPIPlatform.kext is regressed to an earlier 10.6 - 1.3.6 version.

As far as the sound goes, the only thing which appears to consistently work on our rigs is the VoodooHDA.kext. I believe that the AppleHDA.kext is no longer patchable or viable on our systems.

The previous versions of the VoodooHDA.kext were indeed viable under the OS X 10.6. The VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 does work very well under the OS X 10.7 - 10.8 and possibly 10.6.

Ensure to install it along with the latest VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2 as well as with the AppleHDADisabler.kext if the original native AppleHDA remains installed.

VoodooHDA10.7v2.8.2.zip VoodooHDA10.8v2.8.2.zip

VoodooHDAv1.2.prefPane.zip AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip

Reference: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

• Like 2

Welcome back Macgirl! I am glad to see that you are still around the hackintosh scene. Your guide was always very helpful and well received by our community, and I'm sure that it is still remembered and appreciated by many, including myself.

Thanks, I am trying with several versions, all I got is sound on the headphone jacks but nothing on the speakers :(

I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them

Hola, macgirl!

Out of curiosity, won't you try Mountain Lion also on your XPS? We now have a legacy kernel that runs very stable on "legacy" Intel CPUs (such as the Pentium Dual-Core) who haven't modern SIMD instructions support, thanks to Sinetek's new ssse3 (yes, three "s") emulator (which also supports sse4 and 4.2 btw). If you're willing to try it in the future, the kernel is in thi first post of this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd-dont-ask-help-here-use-the-help-topic/

All the best!

Hola, macgirl!

Out of curiosity, won't you try Mountain Lion also on your XPS? We now have a legacy kernel that runs very stable on "legacy" Intel CPUs (such as the Pentium Dual-Core) who haven't modern SIMD instructions support, thanks to Sinetek's new ssse3 (yes, three "s") emulator (which also supports sse4 and 4.2 btw). If you're willing to try it in the future, the kernel is in thi first post of this topic: http://www.insanelym...the-help-topic/

All the best!

I did not try Lion or Mountain Lion since I have a real mac with them. My XPS had Leoprad but some apps I tried need Snow Leopard at least, the reason that I don't want Lion on the XPS is the memory it has, I got one real Mac Pro with 2 GB of Memory and Lion is very slow in it. Sorry for the bad news :(

• Like 1

Hi!

Mountain Lion runs like a champ with my tiny Asus 1201n (Atom CPU, Ion graphics) and 2GB of DDR2 RAM (800Mhz, if i'm not wrong). Of course, it will depend on what kind of work will you do with the machine, so i got your point (i only do basic coding, gaming and music recording with it).

Anyway - as you know already - Mountain Lion is not Lion and manages the RAM even better than Snow Leopard, if that's what's worrying you. Snow Leopard will start/shut down faster in any machine, but in every other task, it would lag behind Mountain Lion. That's it.

All the best!

P.S.: out of curiosity, why won't you upgrade your MacPro's RAM? Using a beast of a machine like the MacPro (even the 2006 model) with that little amount of RAM is kinda heartbreaking. :P

• Like 1