[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

It can be also for me and my notebook can be it's diyng...now I will try loading ubuntu on another disk..so I will realize if this is a driver or an hardware problem....my phon for homemade reballing is in the bathroom AHAHAH...but how you can see in the posted link with new version of osx this happen also to real macbook pro...most of them fixed the iusse unchecking "Automatic graphics switching" in energy preferences but this option is not present in mine

I've flashed the motherboard bios but nothing is changed.....I don't have the vga bios and I can't find it on the web...after two days of looking for....I've only read that m1530 vga it's really difficult to flash because is locked or something like that.....the vga bios were the last test to do ....It's not difficult make a flash (in general) but is also dangerous....so I think I will stay with mine pci-e x8 also if with good benchmark.... :bag:

• 1 month later...

After months and months, I have just figured out what caused my sleep-problem, and now I feel like I should have found it earlier. I thought I should share it, in case anyone else comes across it:

Don't use VoodooSDHC.kext v2.0. It's bad.

I noticed this when trying to copy some pictures off of an SD card. As it turned out, the SD card wasn't recognized, so I removed VoodooSDHC v2.0, installed v1.1.2b, and voilá: no problem reading my SD card. Then I tried my luck with putting my Hack to sleep, and that worked, too!

You can find VoodooSDHC v1.1.2b in the 10.7.4-pack that has been posted a couple of pages back.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just upgraded to 10.8.2 (M1530) with the new DSDT and new VoodooHDA, and ethernet no longer works after waking up from sleep. I had this issue sometime before, but it fixed itself while I was tinkering with something else and I don't know what exactly causes it. Any ideas?

Some of you may have noticed if you used a generated serial to get iCloud, iMessages, etc. to work that iMessages stopped working in 10.8.2. I researched into the issue, and long story short, you can use Clover EFI boot loader in place of Chameleon to fix the issue.

Install using the installer found here:

http://cloverefiboot.sourceforge.net/

I installed it to my hard drive (of which I have a bootable backup) but a safer less obtrusive way is to install it to a USB drive.

Copy your DSDT.aml into /EFI/ACPI/patched/

Edit \EFI\config.plist.

Below is the config.plist I used:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LegacyBoot</key>
<string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PatchVBiosBytes</key>
<dict>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gAeoAqAF</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gAeoAjgE</data>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX234567</string>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MB52.88Z.0088.B05.0904162222</string>
<key>Manufacturer</key>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBook5,2</string>
<key>Version</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>MacBook</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-F22788AA</string>
<key>Mobile</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>LocationInChassis</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Replace the two places that have XXXXXXXXXXX with your Champlist generated serial number.

So far everything seems to work the same as before except my memory speed gets reported as 800MHz (I have 800Mhz ram in there but the motherboard runs it at 667 MHz), and restart seems more reliable now. However I did find it crashed after letting it sit on for a long time. I don't know if it's a fluke or if this will continue.

EDIT

Once when I woke my computer up from sleep (I sleep it frequently), USB stopped working until I shutdown and restarted the computer. It only happened once so far, but it's never happened with Chameleon and Mountain Lion. I remember that being an issue ages ago (Snow Leopard?)

EDIT 2

Had another crash. Rolled back to Chameleon and had another crash! I wonder if the crashes are caused by the new AppleHDA or AppleSmartBatteryManager as opposed to Clover...

EDIT 3

Since re-installing Clover and rolling VoodooHDA back to 2.61, I haven't seen a crash.

Immo

• Like 1

Kinda bad news about this Kext, at least on the M1330.

I tried playing Portal 2 today, and there was no sound :( Downgraded VoodooHDA to 2.61 and Portal 2 sound came back. It's strange because sound worked everywhere else... I've been curious if it's also partially responsible for the instability I've been getting recently. I'll let you know if I have any more crashes after reverting back to 2.61.

Immo

I got the AGPM patch working for M1330! It's the same as the M1530 patch except I've used MacBook5,2 (what I've recommending for working p-states plus iCloud), and the device ID for 8400M GS. Code snippet below (replace the existing MacBook5,2 entry with this one in the Info.plist inside /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext). To test if it's working, change the LogControl to 1, and search for AGPM in Console to see the G-states change. Seems to be working.

<key>MacBook5,2</key>
   <dict>
 <key>LogControl</key>
 <integer>0</integer>
 <key>Vendor10deDevice0427</key>
 <dict>
  <key>BoostPState</key>
  <array>
   <integer>0</integer>
   <integer>1</integer>
   <integer>2</integer>
   <integer>3</integer>
  </array>
  <key>BoostTime</key>
  <array>
   <integer>3</integer>
   <integer>3</integer>
   <integer>3</integer>
   <integer>3</integer>
  </array>
  <key>Heuristic</key>
  <dict>
   <key>ID</key>
   <integer>0</integer>
   <key>IdleInterval</key>
   <integer>250</integer>
   <key>SensorOption</key>
   <integer>1</integer>
   <key>SensorSampleRate</key>
   <integer>4</integer>
   <key>TargetCount</key>
   <integer>1</integer>
   <key>Threshold_High</key>
   <array>
    <integer>57</integer>
    <integer>70</integer>
    <integer>88</integer>
    <integer>100</integer>
   </array>
   <key>Threshold_Low</key>
   <array>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <integer>68</integer>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <integer>100</integer>
   </array>
  </dict>
  <key>control-id</key>
  <integer>17</integer>
 </dict>
   </dict>

Immo

Kinda bad news about this Kext, at least on the M1330.

I tried playing Portal 2 today, and there was no sound :( Downgraded VoodooHDA to 2.61 and Portal 2 sound came back. It's strange because sound worked everywhere else... I've been curious if it's also partially responsible for the instability I've been getting recently. I'll let you know if I have any more crashes after reverting back to 2.61.

It is quite unfortunate. Perhaps, you could attempt to seek support in the originating forum: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

So far, the new VoodooHDA v.2.8.0 has been completely stable on my system.

Slice posts here too..

Perhaps so, but someone must first gain his attention.

Remember to change PrefPane.

VoodooHDA 2.6.x -> prefPane 1.0

2.7.x -> prefPane 1.1

2.8.x -> prefPane 1.2

Else not working.

--Slice

Perhaps so, but someone must first gain his attention.

--Slice

Slice has released a 2.8.2 version which he reports addresses stability issues. I'm giving it a go. Unfortunately still no sound in Portal 2. There is sound for the Valve logo and then silence after that.

Immo

An update on the things I've been testing:

Clover

- I've been using R1000 for about two weeks. It's been stable as a rock. It works as well as Chameleon, with the added bonus that Messages works in 10.8.2. I've just upgraded it to R1050. See my post on how to set it up:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/190780-guide-making-a-dsdtaml-for-dell-xps-m1330-xps-m1530-and-xps-m1730/page__st__1240#entry1881653

VoodooHDA

- Had stability issues with 2.8.0. I've been using 2.8.2 for a few days and so far it's been stable. Sound does not work in Portal 2 (But it does with 2.6.1).

• 2 weeks later...

DarwinX and immo,

Are there any special kexts needed for 10.8.2, such as the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to take care of either kernel panics and or verbose boot where PCI begins issue. I have not tried Clover yet. I am on Tony's Chimera 1.11.1 for a while now.

I did not see any files or newer DSDT's posted in the first post for OSX 10.8.2? I also have to assume we do not need the SSDT as are needed for the i3/5/7 series intel processors.

I have the XPS M1530 which I think may be basically the same as DarwinX's but immo you have a M1330?

Thanks

DarwinX and immo,

Are there any special kexts needed for 10.8.2, such as the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to take care of either kernel panics and or verbose boot where PCI begins issue. I have not tried Clover yet. I am on Tony's Chimera 1.11.1 for a while now.

I did not see any files or newer DSDT's posted in the first post for OSX 10.8.2? I also have to assume we do not need the SSDT as are needed for the i3/5/7 series intel processors.

I have the XPS M1530 which I think may be basically the same as DarwinX's but immo you have a M1330?

Thanks

There was a compatibility issue with VoodooHDA and the HDEF section specified in DSDTs prior to the ones I posted late September (these actually were posted for 10.8.2; even I was surprised it was that long ago). If you read the blurbs on top of my first post I try to put important updates to how things have changed there.

I can't say anything with certainty on i3/5/7 cpus because I've never used one on a Hackintosh but I would assume they would be the same as the Core 2s. The only reason to use SSDTs are if you want to override the state settings specified in the bios, but in the case of M1330s and M1530s what's in the bios works well enough. SSDT tweaking has some useful applications such as undervolting your CPU to get a little more battery out of it.

Immo

DarwinX and immo,

Thanks

In our systems, the OS X 10.​6.x AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.6 regression still applies to the OS X 10.8.x as it did to the OS X 10.7.x. In fact, I utilize identical Chameleon, DSDT and kexts to boot and run both the Lion and the Mountain Lion with the personal preference for the former due to its superior stability.

Having said that, I consider both OS's to be quite stable and operate more than adequately on our systems.

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.v1.3.6.zip

Thanks very much for your answers helps a lot. immo after you update I will look over the minor script change in the dsdt. Is the voodoohda posted for 10.8.x? WHich is recommended to use?

This thread is one of the most productive and continuing threads I have seen on insanely!!

Thanks Again!!

Ran into some trouble with the latest DSDT for the XPS M1530. I think its because of the _psw method getting stripped. In 10.7.4 I cannot wake from sleep and cmos gets reset not sure if its because I have to force a power down or it resets from the sleep/wake issue?

Not sure if the DSDT before the 10.8.2 DSDT has the _psw fix but my DSDT has the _psw method in the USB1-4 and it sleeps/wakes works fine. One catch is in the BIOS you have to disable Allow USB to wake or the Laptop reboots.

Anyone else have this issue with the latest DSDT under 10.7x or 10.8x?

Thanks

On the OS X 10.7.5, with the Method (_PSW) under the Device (USB2), Device (USB5), Device (EHC2), Device (LID) and Device (PBTN) in my DSDT, I experience no sleep/wake issues.

SO you are using the _psw method and my original MalD0n Patcher DSDT also has _PSW with no issues but if I run the latest DSDT with No _PSW then I have the sleep/wake and CMOS issues!!