Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

Hi i've a problem during charge system, also in verbose mode, after i install P6T SE Extension...

at the and crash with theese strings:

**AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

after this i've to reboot... :( please help me... i was so near to my dream!! :D

You should just have to change to PC EFI 10v3 boot file instead. No kexts were added for any graphics support, it's all done natively through OS X. You may want to check out netkas.org about 4870 support though. I thought I saw something mentioned there about it.

So i will just do this part:

EFI Partition

If you would like to install the Chameleon RC3 boot loader to the EFI partition (something used on real macs, but not hackintoshes), open the Essentials folder and run "3_Loader." Follow the on screen prompts, making sure to type "Y" when asked if you want to install to the EFI Partition.

and i found this

http://netkas.org/?p=237

as i already installed 10.3 i dont have to do this.

ah and will the snow leopard upgrade disk also be sufficiant?

thx!

Hi i've a problem during charge system, also in verbose mode, after i install P6T SE Extension...

after this i've to reboot... :wacko: please help me... i was so near to my dream!! :)

Which method of installing the Extensions did you use? System Partition, EFI, ...? Your hard drive HAS to be on the first SATA channel on your motherboard (mine is and I've never had a problem). You also should be using AHCI. I think the kernel flag arch=i386 is already in your Boot.plist file, but you can try typing that before -v when you boot. Also what BIOS version are you using? You should update to the latest one. I really hope that you are using a P6T SE and not something else too.

So i will just do this part:

EFI Partition

If you would like to install the Chameleon RC3 boot loader to the EFI partition (something used on real macs, but not hackintoshes), open the Essentials folder and run "3_Loader." Follow the on screen prompts, making sure to type "Y" when asked if you want to install to the EFI Partition.

and i found this

http://netkas.org/?p=237

as i already installed 10.3 i dont have to do this.

ah and will the snow leopard upgrade disk also be sufficiant?

thx!

The SL upgrade disc is really no different from the regular retail disc. Why Apple bothered to distinguish them is beyond me. It's still the full installer and it doesn't even check for Leopard.

Make sure you replace the boot file in the ScriptFiles folder with the EFI 10v3 version if you're sure you want to use that instead. If you have other problems you may have to remove the GraphicsEnabler entry from the Boot.plist file in that folder too.

Hey everyone. Im stuck trying to get my HDD to be recognized. The error I get is "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."

My setup is an ASUS P6T, i7 920 @ 2.67ghz, 6gb ram, 4 750 sata HDDs, Pioneer DVD-RW, nVidia 8600gt (temp card till I get more money). I plan on raiding win7 and duel booting. I have the Snow leopard installed on one drive that is in Port0. It installed onto the HDD but I cant get it to show the little icon on the desktop. I plan on using a External thumb (512mb) drive to boot up using chameleon so I can pick between SL and win7 (raided in stripe). Any suggestions on what I might be doing incorrectly? Ive previously installed tiger, and leopard on a different system so I have an idea on what's going on but Im wondering if I overlooked something.

Here is what i have selected in my bios (v 0603)

Main>Storage Configuration

Configure SATA as [RAID]

HD write Protect [Disabled]

ide Detect timeout (sec) [35]

Ai tweaker everything is AUTO and I have Intel speedstep tech ENABLED and Intel Turbo mode ENABLED.

ADVANCED>Onboard Devices Configuration

J-micron eSATA/PATA controller [Enabled]

Controller Mode [AHCI]

Boot>Boot Device Priority

1st: Raid WDC (my port 0 Hdd)

2nd: Removeable Device

3rd: IDE:Pioneer DVD-RW

4th: Disabled

Boot>Hard disk Drives

1st: Raid:WDC (Port0 drive)

2nd: Raid:WDC (Port1 drive)

3rd: Raid: Intel Win7 (Port3 & Port4)

4th: USB:Sandisk Cruzer (Thumbdrive 512mb)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PS my audio isnt working but I havent even tried to tackle that yet I want to get the install on correctly. Thanks and great guides so far!

Hey everyone. Im stuck trying to get my HDD to be recognized. The error I get is "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."

My setup is an ASUS P6T, i7 920 @ 2.67ghz, 6gb ram, 4 750 sata HDDs, Pioneer DVD-RW, nVidia 8600gt (temp card till I get more money). I plan on raiding win7 and duel booting. I have the Snow leopard installed on one drive that is in Port0. It installed onto the HDD but I cant get it to show the little icon on the desktop. I plan on using a External thumb (512mb) drive to boot up using chameleon so I can pick between SL and win7 (raided in stripe). Any suggestions on what I might be doing incorrectly? Ive previously installed tiger, and leopard on a different system so I have an idea on what's going on but Im wondering if I overlooked something.

Here is what i have selected in my bios (v 0603)

Main>Storage Configuration

Configure SATA as [RAID]

HD write Protect [Disabled]

ide Detect timeout (sec) [35]

Ai tweaker everything is AUTO and I have Intel speedstep tech ENABLED and Intel Turbo mode ENABLED.

ADVANCED>Onboard Devices Configuration

J-micron eSATA/PATA controller [Enabled]

Controller Mode [AHCI]

Boot>Boot Device Priority

1st: Raid WDC (my port 0 Hdd)

2nd: Removeable Device

3rd: IDE:Pioneer DVD-RW

4th: Disabled

Boot>Hard disk Drives

1st: Raid:WDC (Port0 drive)

2nd: Raid:WDC (Port1 drive)

3rd: Raid: Intel Win7 (Port3 & Port4)

4th: USB:Sandisk Cruzer (Thumbdrive 512mb)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PS my audio isnt working but I havent even tried to tackle that yet I want to get the install on correctly. Thanks and great guides so far!

NOTE: YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RUN OS X FROM AN INTEL RAID ARRAY. You can make one from within OS X via Software RAID.

Alright dude, this is how you fix it. Change your primary hard drive to the USB:Sandisk Cruzer drive under Boot>Hard disk Drives. I bolded it up top. That should be 1st.

Hopefully you have another copy of Snow Leopard or Leopard available, or you installed a patched DVD ala iATKOS, Kalyway, iPC, iDeneb, etc. version. If this is accessible for you, you want to format the USB Cruzer drive as HFS+ and use the GUID Partition scheme. Then you can install Chameleon 2 RC3 onto it using the script, "2_Boot Prep," included in the P6T SE Essentials folder. There, you'll enter the name of this freshly partitioned and formatted Cruzer drive. Hopefully you added any Kexts you needed to the KEXTs folder. You'll likely want to modify the com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist files at some point too. That you can access directly from the drive once you're into OS X again. Once you've prepared your Cruzer drive, you can plug it back into your P6T machine.

Turn on your desktop unit again. You may want to double check your BIOS to make sure the thumb drive is the primary boot device before passing POST. Otherwise it SHOULD bring up the Chameleon boot menu and prompt you to boot a certain drive. You can select other ones (or at least you should be able to). Otherwise I recommend that you start over and try using this guide. It's pretty simple, just replace the Kexts included in the Essentials folder with the ones you need before running any of the scripts.

Ok i tried it today and it did not work :unsure:

It could be because i have the p6t and not the se version. Just the standard.

I didnt really see any diffrence but maybe you guys kann help.

At first it didnt work, because the HD was on ide i changed it to AHCI and it stops load ing here:

Please help

Thanks

ps. i changed the boot file to the efi 10.3 as i have an ati hd 4870

p.p.s everybody who installed windows on theire pc already and cant boot into it anymore after the BIOS update check if you are on ide or ahci!

post-388423-1254574918_thumb.jpg

post-388423-1254574932_thumb.jpg

Ok i tried it today and it did not work :(

At first it didnt work, because the HD was on ide i changed it to AHCI and it stops load ing here:

Please help

Thanks

p.p.s everybody who installed windows on theire pc already and cant boot into it anymore after the BIOS update check if you are on ide or ahci!

I hadn't intended for any P6T users to follow this, but someone linked earlier to a P6T version that was modified from what I had linked to for your motherboard. Hopefully you used that pack instead.

P6T Essentials

actually i did but it didnt work it stoped there in the pic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187151

i found this guide ,but i cant work in terminal it asks in the first command to rewrite the mbr i thought that should be in the 3 command?

Ok, well you should follow that guide entirely instead. It's designed around your board.

hi tweak

thanks for your guide and flies

i'm sucessful to install 10.6

ererything OK but only one problem

"bonjour network not working"

i can't communicate with my mac

have any idea to solve?

sorry my english is not good

hope to get your help

thank you

hi tweak

have any idea to solve?

hope to get your help

thank you

No clue and unfortunately I don't really care. I'm sure you can find a solution elsewhere on the forums though.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide and for the help I see you're offering.

I had a Macbook Pro but the motherboard fried and now I'm desperately trying to install Mac OS X on my PC in order to be able to work.

I've followed your guide, prepared the stick, but after few seconds after I boot from it, the monitor goes into power saving mode, and that's it.

I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2,

Core I7 920

GTX 295

Do you have any idea what's happening?

Thanks

hi tweak

have any idea to solve?

hope to get your help

thank you

i find a working solution for bonjour here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189571

Bonjour.zip

Hi,

Thanks for the guide and for the help I see you're offering.

I had a Macbook Pro but the motherboard fried and now I'm desperately trying to install Mac OS X on my PC in order to be able to work.

I've followed your guide, prepared the stick, but after few seconds after I boot from it, the monitor goes into power saving mode, and that's it.

I have Asus P6T Deluxe V2,

Core I7 920

GTX 295

Do you have any idea what's happening?

Thanks

Use the GTX295 kext that I posted earlier. Again this guide is NOT for any board besides the P6T SE. Your results will vary. Note that your board uses different audio too. I recommend using the install guide for the P6T Deluxe.

Ok i tried it today and it did not work :(

Please help

Thanks

The SerialATAPI stuff indicates that your HDD is not accessible by OSX.

Try

Having only ONE hdd in the machine connected and nothing else

Generating and patching your DSDT from Windows or Linux for the IRQs

Making sure SATA is set to AHCI in BIOS

Making sure HDD is connected to SATA1

Also try experimenting with different IOAHCI injector kexts

The SerialATAPI stuff indicates that your HDD is not accessible by OSX.

Try

Having only ONE hdd in the machine connected and nothing else

Generating and patching your DSDT from Windows or Linux for the IRQs

Making sure SATA is set to AHCI in BIOS

Making sure HDD is connected to SATA1

Also try experimenting with different IOAHCI injector kexts

Ok i will try with one hdd

it is set to ahci and sata1

What do you mean to patch the dsdt from windows?

I will try this guide and the other on until some of it works :P

thanks tweak for the support!

ps thanks harshw

Ok i will try with one hdd

it is set to ahci and sata1

What do you mean to patch the dsdt from windows?

I will try this guide and the other on until some of it works :D

thanks tweak for the support!

ps thanks harshw

Download this: http://www.acpica.org/downloads/binary_tools.php

Extract the files somewhere you can easily access them from command prompt and then run command prompt as Administrator. Navigate to that folder and run the command:

iasl -g

This will dump a file that ends in .dsl into your folder. Mine was named dsdt_A1279001.dsl (as an example).

This is the file that you need to edit and recompile to make your DSDT.aml file. I reckon you probably aren't quite sure how to go about doing this, so if you want I'll edit it for you and send it back. Just attach it in a zip file to your post. Otherwise if you want to try yourself you can start here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

Very nice tutorial! Thanks for taking the effort of compiling/documenting this!

Currently I'm running 10.5.8 on an P6TSE with everything working fine.

Before I try installing 10.6.x, could someone confirm having a P6TSE running the 64bit kernel+kext's?

Anything specific that need to be taken into account to have that working or is it covered by this tutorial + essentials package?

Thx!

Very nice tutorial! Thanks for taking the effort of compiling/documenting this!

Currently I'm running 10.5.8 on an P6TSE with everything working fine.

Before I try installing 10.6.x, could someone confirm having a P6TSE running the 64bit kernel+kext's?

Anything specific that need to be taken into account to have that working or is it covered by this tutorial + essentials package?

Thx!

Yeah, I'm running 64-bit kernel and extensions. It's working great. When I have time I'm going to update the guide with a few tweaks and enhancements that I've been playing around with.

QUOTE (maucel89 @ Oct 2 2009, 12:13 PM)

after this i've to reboot... please help me... i was so near to my dream!!

Which method of installing the Extensions did you use? System Partition, EFI, ...? Your hard drive HAS to be on the first SATA channel on your motherboard (mine is and I've never had a problem). You also should be using AHCI. I think the kernel flag arch=i386 is already in your Boot.plist file, but you can try typing that before -v when you boot. Also what BIOS version are you using? You should update to the latest one. I really hope that you are using a P6T SE and not something else too.

The bios version that i use is the 0603..

Today i've installed my new hd that i bought only for install mac on my pc i put it on the sata 1 connector and i set the AHCI..

but the error is the same, but end whit:

WAITING FOR DSMOS...

and crash.. :P

maybe is the other boot that you suggest to use for the ati graphic card... because if i boot my installed partition from the flashdrive, it works fine!

i want my mac!!! :) help me please...

Thanks a lot for the guide. I think I might be one step away to a working snow leopard.

I got a IOAPIC error when I boot my pc with a usb installation disk.

Message I got:

MRC Framework successfully initialized

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 64:87

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 88:111

My system: Asus P6T se(bios 0603), core i7 920, 9800GT 512MB VRAM, 1 SATA hard drive connect to port0 of all sata connector.

Bios setting: AHCI, HT enable. the Sata hd is the first one in the boot device list, and the first on in hd device list.

The boot usb disk was made by script "2_Boot Prep", when I run the script, the script said it couldn't copy a file named "smbios.plist"(In folder ScriptFiles, there is one smbios2.plist)

Sorry my English is not that good. Please give me some advice.

Thanks a lot for the guide. I think I might be one step away to a working snow leopard.

I got a IOAPIC error when I boot my pc with a usb installation disk.

Message I got:

MRC Framework successfully initialized

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 64:87

IOAPIC:version 0x20 vector 88:111

in the p6t se essentials.zip there is a folder called "ready" (in \p6t se essentials\script files) with 3 files. move the files to the folder above (where also the smbios2.plist is) and run the boot prep-script again - worked for me

The bios version that i use is the 0603..

Today i've installed my new hd that i bought only for install mac on my pc i put it on the sata 1 connector and i set the AHCI..

but the error is the same, but end whit:

WAITING FOR DSMOS...

and crash.. :P

maybe is the other boot that you suggest to use for the ati graphic card... because if i boot my installed partition from the flashdrive, it works fine!

i want my mac!!! :( help me please...

It's not finding your kext cache. Copy the KEXTs folder over to your Extra folder and then rename it to "Extensions"

You may need to run MacLoader again.

Hello!

The guide is really great! But my installation fails with the message "Failed to verify Essentials.pkg". Does someone know how to fix the problem?

thx

Two options: 1) Click Skip when it verifies the installation disk. This may or may not give you a working install. 2) Start the process again and restore your DVD to your flash drive again. You may also have to right click your thumb drive, choose properties, and check the box that says "Ignore ownership for this drive"

in the p6t se essentials.zip there is a folder called "ready" (in \p6t se essentials\script files) with 3 files. move the files to the folder above (where also the smbios2.plist is) and run the boot prep-script again - worked for me

Yeah, I may have goofed on a few things. That's why I'm planning to do an update. Hopefully tomorrow...