mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
"arch=i386"
Thanks !

I read in the Chameleon comment postings, someone said use:
arch=i386 -legacy for -x32 exchange (PC EFI 10.x)
I never used -legacy, but know that this is an known kernel flag 8some needed very early at 10.4.3 times.
Is someone using this -legacy , or is "arch=i386" enough for Snow Leopard (-x32)

And also, because readme isnt really complete, the /EXTRA content structure seems also to be changed.
Now i can see an 10.5 and 10.6 and an COMMON folder with/for different kexts.
Is that needed or can i stay with my old structure (if that actually works good) ?

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
My extras folder has: fakesmc - legacyappleahci - openhalt - platformuuid - and sleepenabler
whether i use -x32 or just -v
I get these errors on boot...

Failed to load executable for kext com.psystar.driver.OpenHaltRestart.
Can't load kext org.netkas.fakesmc - link failed.
[com.superhai.driver.PlatformUUID]: The Mach-O file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xfeedface.
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

then it just stops at:
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

What am i doing wrong here????????????????????

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
-x32 didnt work with RC3, thats only for the EFI PC 10.x boot !!!!

You must use arch=i386 !

I will NOT update , because my 10.5 / 10.6 system runs very well with RC2 + EFI PC 1.1 boot.
Perhaps in a few months with final CH version ;)

BJMoose

BJMoose

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,154 posts
I just installed RC3 on both a USB stick and on the EFI partition on my OSX drive. Seems to work fine for Snow Leopard. A few cosmetic improvements from the PC 10.2 cdboot I was using...the SL bootloader only shows the SL boot disks and not the Data disks...cleans things up a bit. Also, I wasn't always able to get my hd(1,1) [Windows 7] to be my default partition. Tried 10 times in a row on reboot and default partition seems to be fine now too. So far, so good.

rabblefish

rabblefish

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Installer Here:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=184766

Thanks a million Dr. Hurt! And, of course, much love to all of the geniuses who made RC3 happen!
This installer package is working beautifully so far! :D

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
VideoROM
You can pass an alternate video ROM image file to the system.
VBIOS
Using this boolean switch, you can control the injection of your video BIOS to device-properties. We got various reports if this switch is really needed to make your graphics device handled correctly by the system.
in detail.

I understand all above in theory (like most Chameleon features) but not in the detail = boot.plist parctice.
Lets say ,i have for example an higher clocked NV9600.ROM file in the root folder of the system partition.
And use DSDT GPU device injection / EFI String boot.plist injection for that 9600 GT (no need for device-id patches in the NV drivers with that card)
So how use VideoRom option with that bios file above in detail ?

And whats then with that VBIOS (an switch Yes/No) with that in detail ?
Most people to day use DSDT gpu device inhjection OR EFI String device injection - would VBIOS="Yes" make them "no need anymore" and does VBIOS="No" works together with VideoROM=.... + DSDT /EFI String ?
An boot.plist example with that things above used would be nice.
Thanks

titooo7

titooo7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
mitch_de you are right a bigger explanation about it and same manuals would eb appreciated. At least you udnerstand something :D

Btw, Chameleon 2 RC3 is simply great. I installed Snow Leopard aroudn 10 times but I got stuck on the boot process due to kernel panics. Yesterday I tried the same guide to install Snow, but using Chameleon 2 RC3 and now everythign is OK!!! :)

Jingu

Jingu

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I'm having problems booting Snow Leopard when Chameleon RC3 is launched from another partition or USB stick.

When I boot Chameleon RC3 from another partition like a USB stick or a Leopard partition, I have problems when I select the Snow Leopard partition. RC3 completely ignores the Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist of Snow Leopard and always boots in 64-bit, even with arch=i386.

How do you get Chameleon RC3 to read the Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist of Snow Leopard when Chameleon RC3 was launched from Leopard or a USB stick???

Thanks.

BJMoose

BJMoose

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,154 posts

How do you get Chameleon RC3 to read the Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist of Snow Leopard when Chameleon RC3 was launched from Leopard or a USB stick???

Thanks.

It would be a big help to all if you had your complete system info listed in your sig. It would give us a starting place. Do you by any chance have another OS (like a combo of Leopard and SL) on your system? If so, try with just SL and let us know what happens. Did you make double sure that your syntax is correct in you com.apple.Boot.plist file? All <>'s and /'s for keys and strings are where they're supposed to be? No empty spaces where they're not supposed to be? Also, is your USB stick formatted with GUID or MBR?

Jingu

Jingu

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Thanks for your help BJMoose.

I have an Acer Aspire 9525 laptop Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 667MHz FSB, ICH7-M Raid controller, but drives not setup as RAID.

I have a GUID hard drive with Leopard 10.5.8 on the first partition and Snow Leopard 10A432 on the second partition.

The USB stick was also formatted as GUID.

Leopard 10.5.8 always boots fine, but I'm having problems getting Chameleon RC3 to read the Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist of Snow Leopard when Chameleon RC3 was launched from a different partition or the USB stick.

There might be a bug with Chameleon RC3 not booting the boot.plist of the selected partition. ZEF has suggested that I put the arch=i386 in /System/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/boot.plist

jinnggoff

jinnggoff

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
New Chameleon 2.0-RC3 seems like fix instant KP when boot snow ......Many thanks to voodoo team for all of you works

rest assured son

rest assured son

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

VideoROM
You can pass an alternate video ROM image file to the system.
VBIOS
Using this boolean switch, you can control the injection of your video BIOS to device-properties. We got various reports if this switch is really needed to make your graphics device handled correctly by the system.
in detail.

I understand all above in theory (like most Chameleon features) but not in the detail = boot.plist parctice.
Lets say ,i have for example an higher clocked NV9600.ROM file in the root folder of the system partition.
And use DSDT GPU device injection / EFI String boot.plist injection for that 9600 GT (no need for device-id patches in the NV drivers with that card)
So how use VideoRom option with that bios file above in detail ?

And whats then with that VBIOS (an switch Yes/No) with that in detail ?
Most people to day use DSDT gpu device inhjection OR EFI String device injection - would VBIOS="Yes" make them "no need anymore" and does VBIOS="No" works together with VideoROM=.... + DSDT /EFI String ?
An boot.plist example with that things above used would be nice.
Thanks

Also to tell us if using these rom files fixes the itunes laggyness from my 8800gt.For Example use the original macpro 8800gt rom in loading.

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I was able to boot into RC3 once using the -arch=i386 -v -f

all my kexts were loaded and kext cache created i guess. Everything seemed fine. Once on the desktop i noticed that
Geekbench 64bit had a line going through it and not able to be opened. System claimed it was not my architechture. But when i boot into RC1 in 32 bit mode i've always been able to open my 64bit apps.. :whistle:

To make matters worse when i attempted to reboot I received all the old errors about my kexts not being able to be loaded. Even when i used -f or -legacy. What am i missing here.........????

Konami®

Konami®

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 956 posts
Chameleon 2.0 RC3 is working great under 10.5.8, I just replaced the "boot" file and that's it. :whistle:

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
its just arch=i386 not -arch=i386

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts

its just arch=i386 not -arch=i386

Thanks

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

all my kexts were loaded and kext cache created i guess. Everything seemed fine. Once on the desktop i noticed that
Geekbench 64bit had a line going through it and not able to be opened. System claimed it was not my architechture. But when i boot into RC1 in 32 bit mode i've always been able to open my 64bit apps.. :D

To make matters worse when i attempted to reboot I received all the old errors about my kexts not being able to be loaded. Even when i used -f or -legacy. What am i missing here.........????

if you use -legacy flag, 64 bit applications wont work,

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=i386</string>
works fine here; 32 bit extensions, 64 & 32 bit apps

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Geekbench 64bit had a line going through it and not able to be opened. System claimed it was not my architechture. But when i boot into RC1 in 32 bit mode i've always been able to open my 64bit apps.. :D

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

ok thanx....
Y would my kexts in my EXTRAS folders not load though.....????
Is it neccessary to make the two folders /10.5 /10.6 inside extra ???

BJMoose

BJMoose

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,154 posts

ok thanx....
Y would my kexts in my EXTRAS folders not load though.....????
Is it neccessary to make the two folders /10.5 /10.6 inside extra ???

Have you tried putting your kexts into the EXTRAS/EXTENSIONS folder or are they just in the EXTRAS folder itself? I've always put mine in E/E.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy