• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

Bigredfirecracker

Bigredfirecracker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This seems like a great guide and thanks MACinized for the time and effort you've put in.

I'm just not holding my mouth right somehow, every time I try restarting on the SnowLoeInstaller I get an instant KP.

Maybe it's down to my kexts
Anyone with a similar config had luck with this?

I take it the Bootloader goes to MacLoader_SL?

I'm Running
Asus p6t se MB
i7 920
6gig

I've been running 10.5.5 fine for a few months now with the iDeneb install.

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
MACinized

Thank you very much!
For the first time i successfully install and boot in snow leopard with ep35-ds4 mb.

2 question (after successfully install) though,

1, how do i add new kext with this setup?

2, how do i change chameleon settings?

Thanks again for this great tutorial.

Branhower

Branhower

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Well, I bit the bullet and went GUID; after trying 3 modded OSInstall.mpkgs and modifying my own. Who wants to save a Windows install anyway??? ^_^

And the wireless in the 1000he is now working! Thanks Apple! ;)

Edit: After installing, I'm getting a "launch_msg: socket not connected" error, will look into it tomorrow (I probably need IntelPIXATTA.kext, I Googled the error and it mostly seems to point to a hard drive issue).

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
;))-->
QUOTE (^_^ @ Sep 4 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MACinized

Thank you very much!
For the first time i successfully install and boot in snow leopard with ep35-ds4 mb.

Thanks again for this great tutorial.[/quote]
add/remove kexts inside the KEXTs folder inside the MacLoader_SL kit then double-click 4_Updater.

what chameleon settings are u referring to?

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

QUOTE ( :) @ Sep 4 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MACinized

Thank you very much!

Thanks again for this great tutorial.
add/remove kexts inside the KEXTs folder inside the MacLoader_SL kit then double-click 4_Updater.

what chameleon settings are u referring to?

"add/remove kexts inside the KEXTs folder inside the MacLoader_SL kit then double-click 4_Updater."
1, I mean after booting in snow leopard if i need to install additional kext. Can i do this with the HD that i am booting from?

"what chameleon settings are u referring to?"
2, like automatic booting time, and witch HD to boot from and such.

edit:
Sorry, I am quite new to chameleon
I have always use the none UI ones.

Let's say if i want to change the boot time to 0
and i want chameleon to auto boot to my snow leopard HD (on 2 sata to my mb).

I will have to go to MacLoader partition and look for com.apple.boot and edit like such?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=disk0s2</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,1)</string>
</dict>
</plist>

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
:))-->
QUOTE (:) @ Sep 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1, I mean after booting in snow leopard if i need to install additional kext.[/quote]
to keep your snowleo vanilla, i recommend installing your add'l kext to MacLoader. u can do that by making use of the 4_Updater that's included in the MacLoader_SL kit. just manage (i.e. add/remove) what kexts are inside the "KEXTs" folder.
:D)-->
QUOTE (^_^ @ Sep 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2, like automatic booting time, and witch HD to boot from and such.[/quote]
u can also do this by executing 4_Updater. but well u can also manually edit the com.apple.Boot.plist that's inside the "Extra" folder inside the MacLoader partition.

[quote name='Trograin' post='1250039' date='Sep 4 2009, 03:06 AM']DSDT.aml ( which is not stated whre its supposed to be so I gather it should be in the Kext folder),...[/quote]
btw, the dsdt is automatically taken cared of by my scripts. it's copied to the "Extra" folder.

^_^

^_^

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

QUOTE ( ^_^ @ Sep 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1, I mean after booting in snow leopard if i need to install additional kext.
to keep your snowleo vanilla, i recommend installing your add'l kext to MacLoader. u can do that by making use of the 4_Updater that's included in the MacLoader_SL kit. just manage (i.e. add/remove) what kexts are inside the "KEXTs" folder.
QUOTE ( ^_^ @ Sep 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>2, like automatic booting time, and witch HD to boot from and such.
u can also do this by executing 4_Updater. but well u can also manually edit the com.apple.Boot.plist that's inside the "Extra" folder inside the MacLoader partition.

btw, the dsdt is automatically taken cared of by my scripts. it's copied to the "Extra" folder.

Thanks A Lot!
I'll try it tonight.

Just one last Q,

MacLoader partition1, snow leopard partition 2 (on 2nd sata to my mb).

=<string>hd(1,1)</string> ?

or

=<string>hd(1,3)</string> ?

in com.apple.boot

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
^_^)-->
QUOTE (^_^ @ Sep 4 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks A Lot!
I'll try it tonight.

Just one last Q,

MacLoader partition1, snow leopard partition 2 (on 2nd sata to my mb).

=<string>hd(1,1)</string> ?

or

=<string>hd(1,3)</string> ?

in com.apple.boot[/quote]
most probably it's hd(1,3).

caiowa

caiowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
One question:

What to input at this question:

Where do you want to setup the SnowLeoInstaller?

Thanks
caiowa

lord_webi

lord_webi

./root86.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:WingTsun, osx86, western shooting
on this method, I think, you will get this error when using Diskutil in terminal: diskutil[370:903] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

this will also appear all the time in syslog ... use PlatformUUID.kext and change it (info.plist), as well as SMUUID in smbios.plist ... use your MacAddress for the last 12 digits in UUID/SMUUID ...

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

on this method, I think, you will get this error when using Diskutil in terminal: diskutil[370:903] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

this will also appear all the time in syslog ... use PlatformUUID.kext and change it (info.plist), as well as SMUUID in smbios.plist ... use your MacAddress for the last 12 digits in UUID/SMUUID ...

updated MacLoader_SL kit. added UUID.kext. i really don't know any damage done by "Error: 35" but hopefully the generic UUID in the UUID.kext will eliminate this error.

One question:

What to input at this question:

Where do you want to setup the SnowLeoInstaller?

Thanks
caiowa

name of the volume/partition where u restored the snowleo dvd installer.

lord_webi

lord_webi

./root86.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:WingTsun, osx86, western shooting

updated MacLoader_SL kit. added UUID.kext. i really don't know any damage done by "Error: 35" but hopefully the generic UUID in the UUID.kext will eliminate this error.

you will have problems repairing permissions ...

I am gone further now ;) (ScreenShot)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1061.jpg   256.72KB   255 downloads

remed86

remed86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks man, it works flawlessly on my ASUS P5B :)

klaus4040

klaus4040

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi, I'm trying to get my dsdt.aml file

step1 works, then I edit the RTC to 0x02

but then at step 2 I get

ACPI Error (nsaccess-0530): ACPI path has too many parent prefixes (^) - reached beyond root node [20080926]

followed by a lot of other errors as in the first two following lines and:

./dsdt_fixed.txt 594: Store (One, ^PCI0.RP02.PMSX)
Error 4064 - Object not found or not accessible from scope ^ (^PCI0.RP02.PMSX)

Maximum error count (200) exceeded
ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 8811 lines, 311546 bytes, 4441 keywords
AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 36444 bytes, 735 named objects, 3706 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 5 Optimizations

Maximum error count (200) exceeded

help pls, after that I should be ready to go (custom boot-cd)

unet

unet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Edit: After installing, I'm getting a "launch_msg: socket not connected" error, will look into it tomorrow (I probably need IntelPIXATTA.kext, I Googled the error and it mostly seems to point to a hard drive issue).

I have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, and got the same issue here, can't figure out why. I'll look into it and if I find a solution, will post here.

BrumBrum74

BrumBrum74

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I am gone further now ^_^ (ScreenShot)

Where did you get the 10.6.1 build?

MACinized

MACinized

Addicted to InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I am gone further now :) (ScreenShot)

woow! u've already got the beta 10.6.1 update. will wait & try to install it direct from apple site. :D

i'll cross my fingers re: permission-problem. ^_^

Thanks man, it works flawlessly on my ASUS P5B :)

good to hear that. :P

Weavus

Weavus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, and got the same issue here, can't figure out why. I'll look into it and if I find a solution, will post here.

I have the same "launch_msg(): socket is not connected" problem on my GA-G33M-DS2R. Can't work out what's wrong. Install seemed to go fine, rebooted, choose Snow Leopard partition to boot and it just hangs.

Anyone able to see what's going wrong from from this screenshot?

Specs: GA-G33M-DS2R - E8400 - NVidia 8400GT 256MB - 2GB RAM - AHCI - 1 SATA HD on PORT 0
Kexts: NVEnabler, fakesmc, Sleepenabler, VoodooHDA, OpenHaltRestart, NullCPUPowerManagement

Attached File  error.jpg   398.62KB   129 downloads

Trograin

Trograin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:A lot as long as there is Eye Candy involved and maybe sci-fi, and technology..and mostly to dre...

You don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with a patched DSDT.

Here's a zip file with the files I currently use in /Extra/Extensions/ on my P5K Pro (with dsdt.aml in /).

p.s. Which BIOS version do you have?

Edit: I also patched the USB ports like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a37</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x1)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a38</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x2)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a39</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x7)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a3c</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a34</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x1)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a35</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x2)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a36</string>	</dict>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x7)</key>	<dict>		<key>device-id</key>		<string>0x3a3a</string>	</dict></dict></plist>
Which of cource is part of my com.apple.Boot.plist

Sorry for the late anser. Thanx for the exts, I apriciate it truly. Bios version is 1202. Will try them out now ( got jsut home from work :P )

gulker

gulker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

i believe u have already have an existing chameleon install to your SnowLeoInstaller before u executed 2_SnowLeoInstaller. try reformatting ur flashdrive, restore snowleo dvd installer to it.

inside the KEXTs folder of the MacLoader_SL kit, remove the already included NVEnabler.kext & the VoodooHDA.kext if you have no use for it then put in your EVOenabler. then execute 2_SnowLeoInstaller & make sure that u set it up to the same partition where u restored your snowleo dvd installer.

Hi MACinized,

I followed your other documents and was able to install Leopard.
I am very new to these procedures. Would you mind detailing the restore part of Snow Leopard for me.
I have a Retail DVD that I got as an upgrade from Apple but looks like a full DVD. I don't know how to do restore.

Could you help?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy