[TOTALLY VANILLA] Retail Snow Leopard

MACinized

530 posts in this topic

on this method, I think, you will get this error when using Diskutil in terminal: diskutil[370:903] _CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

this will also appear all the time in syslog ... use PlatformUUID.kext and change it (info.plist), as well as SMUUID in smbios.plist ... use your MacAddress for the last 12 digits in UUID/SMUUID ...

updated MacLoader_SL kit. added UUID.kext. i really don't know any damage done by "Error: 35" but hopefully the generic UUID in the UUID.kext will eliminate this error.

One question:

What to input at this question:

Where do you want to setup the SnowLeoInstaller?

Thanks

caiowa

name of the volume/partition where u restored the snowleo dvd installer.

updated MacLoader_SL kit. added UUID.kext. i really don't know any damage done by "Error: 35" but hopefully the generic UUID in the UUID.kext will eliminate this error.

you will have problems repairing permissions ...

I am gone further now ;) (ScreenShot)

post-194716-1252052922_thumb.jpg

hi, I'm trying to get my dsdt.aml file

step1 works, then I edit the RTC to 0x02

but then at step 2 I get

ACPI Error (nsaccess-0530): ACPI path has too many parent prefixes (^) - reached beyond root node [20080926]

followed by a lot of other errors as in the first two following lines and:

./dsdt_fixed.txt 594: Store (One, ^PCI0.RP02.PMSX)

Error 4064 - Object not found or not accessible from scope ^ (^PCI0.RP02.PMSX)

Maximum error count (200) exceeded

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 8811 lines, 311546 bytes, 4441 keywords

AML Output: ./dsdt.aml - 36444 bytes, 735 named objects, 3706 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 201 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 5 Optimizations

Maximum error count (200) exceeded

help pls, after that I should be ready to go (custom boot-cd)

Edit: After installing, I'm getting a "launch_msg: socket not connected" error, will look into it tomorrow (I probably need IntelPIXATTA.kext, I Googled the error and it mostly seems to point to a hard drive issue).

I have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, and got the same issue here, can't figure out why. I'll look into it and if I find a solution, will post here.

you will have problems repairing permissions ...

I am gone further now :) (ScreenShot)

woow! u've already got the beta 10.6.1 update. will wait & try to install it direct from apple site. :D

i'll cross my fingers re: permission-problem. ^_^

Thanks man, it works flawlessly on my ASUS P5B :)

good to hear that. :P

I have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext, and got the same issue here, can't figure out why. I'll look into it and if I find a solution, will post here.

I have the same "launch_msg(): socket is not connected" problem on my GA-G33M-DS2R. Can't work out what's wrong. Install seemed to go fine, rebooted, choose Snow Leopard partition to boot and it just hangs.

Anyone able to see what's going wrong from from this screenshot?

Specs: GA-G33M-DS2R - E8400 - NVidia 8400GT 256MB - 2GB RAM - AHCI - 1 SATA HD on PORT 0

Kexts: NVEnabler, fakesmc, Sleepenabler, VoodooHDA, OpenHaltRestart, NullCPUPowerManagement

post-483778-1252067997_thumb.jpg

You don't need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with a patched DSDT.

Here's a zip file with the files I currently use in /Extra/Extensions/ on my P5K Pro (with dsdt.aml in /).

p.s. Which BIOS version do you have?

Edit: I also patched the USB ports like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x0)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a37</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x1)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a38</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x2)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a39</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1a,0x7)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a3c</string>
</dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x0)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a34</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x1)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a35</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x2)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a36</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1d,0x7)</key>
<dict>
	<key>device-id</key>
	<string>0x3a3a</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Which of cource is part of my com.apple.Boot.plist

Sorry for the late anser. Thanx for the exts, I apriciate it truly. Bios version is 1202. Will try them out now ( got jsut home from work :P )

i believe u have already have an existing chameleon install to your SnowLeoInstaller before u executed 2_SnowLeoInstaller. try reformatting ur flashdrive, restore snowleo dvd installer to it.

inside the KEXTs folder of the MacLoader_SL kit, remove the already included NVEnabler.kext & the VoodooHDA.kext if you have no use for it then put in your EVOenabler. then execute 2_SnowLeoInstaller & make sure that u set it up to the same partition where u restored your snowleo dvd installer.

Hi MACinized,

I followed your other documents and was able to install Leopard.

I am very new to these procedures. Would you mind detailing the restore part of Snow Leopard for me.

I have a Retail DVD that I got as an upgrade from Apple but looks like a full DVD. I don't know how to do restore.

Could you help?

Thanks

Hi MACinized,

I followed your other documents and was able to install Leopard.

I am very new to these procedures. Would you mind detailing the restore part of Snow Leopard for me.

I have a Retail DVD that I got as an upgrade from Apple but looks like a full DVD. I don't know how to do restore.

Could you help?

Thanks

> open Disk Utility

diskutility.png

> select target partition on the left pane (i.e. at least 8gb in size "SnowLeoInstaller") then click the "Restore" tab. drag the "SnowLeoInstaller" partition from left pane to "Destination" field. then drag your Snow Leopard DVD Installer icon from desktop to the "Source" field. uncheck "Erase destination" then click "Restore" button.

restore.png

report:

4_Updater didn't work for me...

Password:

Enter preferred boot Timeout (number of seconds)
(Leave blank to automatically enter the Boot Menu) => 0

Updating your MacLoader...
This may take a while. Please wait...
cp: ScriptFiles/DSDT.aml: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes//mach_kernel: No such file or directory

Building kext cache...
cp: /Volumes//System/Library/Extensions/IOAudioFamily.kext: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes//System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext: No such file or directory
cp: /Volumes//System/Library/Extensions/OSvKernDSPLib.kext: No such file or directory

Permissions are being set for the following extensions:
Extensions/fakesmc.kext
Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Extensions/NVEnabler.kext
Extensions/OpenHaltRestart.kext
Extensions/Sleepenabler.kext
Extensions/UUID.kext
Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

Updating com.apple.Boot.plist...

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Done! Finished updating your MacLoader.

logout

[Process completed]

still no sound, voodoo works in the first MacLoader_SL so i guess it didn't install?

I have the same "launch_msg(): socket is not connected" problem on my GA-G33M-DS2R. Can't work out what's wrong. Install seemed to go fine, rebooted, choose Snow Leopard partition to boot and it just hangs.

Anyone able to see what's going wrong from from this screenshot?

Specs: GA-G33M-DS2R - E8400 - NVidia 8400GT 256MB - 2GB RAM - AHCI - 1 SATA HD on PORT 0

Kexts: NVEnabler, fakesmc, Sleepenabler, VoodooHDA, OpenHaltRestart, NullCPUPowerManagement

post-483778-1252067997_thumb.jpg

I don't even get to those DNSServiceRegister lines.

I think I'll have to give up for now, I also tried the Boot-132 method, but it gets stuck after seeking a key boot file (can't remember off the top of my head). Maybe I can pick out the AppleAtheros.kext file from the 10.5.7 update and use that in Leopard (the EEE doesn't stand to benefit much from Snow Leopard anyway).

Compliments & some bugs

1st: A big compliment. This is the first time I was able to create a working usb boot&install volume for SL!

2nd: Some bugs. Fyi: I'm using an Asus P5K board with 3 hard drives, E9450 CPU @3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, nVidia 8500GT graphics with 256 MB VRAM.

2a) Booting with the USB stick "SnowLeoInstaller" ist working.

2b) But the Installer does not find any SATA-drive. Only USB drives. My solution was to put an internal HD into an external HD-Case an make in this way the two partitions "MacLoader" with 1GB and "Snow Leopard" with 148 GB. Then I was able to install SL onto "Snow Leopard".

2c) The script "3_MacLoader" aka "macloader.sh" does not work. There are no files on "MacLoader" after starting the procedure. I testet this again connecting the drive again to an SATA port. Result was the same. In Harddisk uttility I could see that "MacLoader" is called "MacLoader 1". Therefore I startet "3_MacLoader" again giving it "MacLoader 1" as parameter. No change.

2d) When I start just "Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg" on "MacLoader" I can see the 3 folders Extra, Library and usr on "MacLoader". But this is not the solution, because all the other stuff from the script "macloader.sh" is still missing. And it will not boot at all ;-)

I tried to analyse "macloader.sh" but did not find a bug which would declare this behaviour.

Here the results from the terminal starting "3_MacLoader":

Password:
Where is(will) retail Snow Leopard (be)installed? => Snow Leopard
Where do you want to setup the bootloader? => MacLoader

(Leave blank to automatically enter the Boot Menu) => 

Setting-up your MacLoader as the MacLoader...
installer: Package name is Chameleon
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade was successful.
rm: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions: Not a directory
cp: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory

Building kext cache...
./ScriptFiles/macloader.sh: line 57: [: Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: binary operator expected

Extensions/ACPIPS2Nub.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Mouse.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext
Extensions/dsmos.kext
Extensions/fakesmc.kext
Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext
Extensions/IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGenericPCATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleOnBoardPCATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOATABlockStorage.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple3Com3C90x.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple_DEC21x4Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
Extensions/UUID.kext
chmod: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions.mkext: Not a directory
chown: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions.mkext: Not a directory

Creating com.apple.Boot.plist...
mv: rename ScriptFiles/com.apple.Boot.plist to /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory
mv: rename smbios.plist to /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory

Complete! Finished setting-up MacLoader as the Snow Leopard pre-booter.

logout

Here a screenshot about HD utility is naming "MacLoader" internally "MacLoader 1"

post-227743-1252090556_thumb.jpg

Hi there people. I Downloaded the kext folder that had the kexts used for a P5K-Pro motherboard, I used it and made the boot usv device with no errors at all. I reboted and fixed up the partitions with disk utility before installing snow leopard. The installation went real fine and reoobting was no problems...I thought. It got stuck with a spinning clock only so I rebooted again ( Yess with the Snow leo installer usb thingie) chosoing this time -V to see the problem.

Here is the thing, SAME problem ahs been coming back to haunt me over and over again, no matter what type of setup of kexts I am using or bootlists efi strings Im adding ( even running with only default on everythign still same problem)

IOHDIXController::createDriveInKernel: returning error 0x6b
hdik: attach failed: error 0000006b

That line pops up 6 times in a row real fast and it all ends up with:

launch_msg(): Socket is not conected

Buuuaaaahhh, anyone with an idea of what could be wrong?

Last kext setup I tryed with ( that was fifth time actually...) was:

fakesmc.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

UUID.kext

EVOenabler.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

Sleepenabler.kext

And yess I have tryed even with ONLY fakesmc.kext and OpenHaltRestart.kext, still same error.

I tried even to add the usb lines in my bootlist that was posted under this titels postings,

did not help a thing :D

Anyone with any ideas?

Here is the thing, SAME problem ahs been coming back to haunt me over and over again, no matter what type of setup of kexts I am using or bootlists efi strings Im adding ( even running with only default on everythign still same problem)

IOHDIXController::createDriveInKernel: returning error 0x6b
hdik: attach failed: error 0000006b

That line pops up 6 times in a row real fast and it all ends up with:

launch_msg(): Socket is not conected

I had the same issue and solved it by booting into 64bit mode.

So you meen that suddenly the 32 bit mode that should be the easier one to work actually will give me such problems compared tothe 64 bit one that shoudl be the harder one?. ooooke. well. I will prepare a second usb stick with modified kexts for another guide just incase, since I truly dont feel like reinstalling leopard to many more times ;)

So you meen that suddenly the 32 bit mode that should be the easier one to work actually will give me such problems compared tothe 64 bit one that shoudl be the harder one?. ooooke. well. I will prepare a second usb stick with modified kexts for another guide just incase, since I truly dont feel like reinstalling leopard to many more times :D

No need to reinstall, just change your boot.plist.

Funny did that... still no help at all. Seems I have a problem with my system not reading the usb properly, or let me put it like this. The error messages are pointing towards a problem with the AppleUSBUHCI. now I know its not that a big problem to fix since Netkas has posted something about it, but I have to extract that kexts from the DVD and fix it up. still dont think it will help me with the problem. Im getting more or less extremely annoyed at Snow Leopard. I have been reinstalling leo 9 times in total now... 4 only today, due to me wanting to add Snow Leo on my FIRST Hard drive and let it be my main OS. Seems like no guide at all ( been trying already over 7 so far) have been able to let me get into SL after a reboot from the installation side.

Compliments & some bugs

1st: A big compliment. This is the first time I was able to create a working usb boot&install volume for SL!

2nd: Some bugs. Fyi: I'm using an Asus P5K board with 3 hard drives, E9450 CPU @3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, nVidia 8500GT graphics with 256 MB VRAM.

2b) But the Installer does not find any SATA-drive. Only USB drives. My solution was to put an internal HD into an external HD-Case an make in this way the two partitions "MacLoader" with 1GB and "Snow Leopard" with 148 GB. Then I was able to install SL onto "Snow Leopard".

2c) The script "3_MacLoader" aka "macloader.sh" does not work. There are no files on "MacLoader" after starting the procedure. I testet this again connecting the drive again to an SATA port. Result was the same. In Harddisk uttility I could see that "MacLoader" is called "MacLoader 1". Therefore I startet "3_MacLoader" again giving it "MacLoader 1" as parameter. No change.

2d) When I start just "Chameleon-2.0-RC2-r640.pkg" on "MacLoader" I can see the 3 folders Extra, Library and usr on "MacLoader". But this is not the solution, because all the other stuff from the script "macloader.sh" is still missing. And it will not boot at all ;-)

I tried to analyse "macloader.sh" but did not find a bug which would declare this behaviour.

Here a screenshot about HD utility is naming "MacLoader" internally "MacLoader 1"

Did you run the same code twice on same HD? did you exit terminal after every .sh (just to be safe)

cause i had 0 problem with this guide though just the last update part.

I did fail the first time i follow this guide as i had no idea what to put in the

"Where do you want to setup the bootloader?"

part and had

error

My solution was to redo everything again and it worked.

Trying to install on a Maximus II formula.

If I click f8 and select the usb drive I simply see a black screen and a blinking cursor.

And if click SnowLeoInstaller in Chameleon I get this kernel panic:

http://xeped.com/IMG_1960.JPG

Also tried to install bootloader2 (chameleon 1) but I cant find any way to boot the usb from it.

Any help would be great.

Compliments & some bugs

Password:
Where is(will) retail Snow Leopard (be)installed? => Snow Leopard
Where do you want to setup the bootloader? => MacLoader

(Leave blank to automatically enter the Boot Menu) => 

Setting-up your MacLoader as the MacLoader...
installer: Package name is Chameleon
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade was successful.
rm: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra/Extensions: Not a directory
cp: /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory

Building kext cache...
./ScriptFiles/macloader.sh: line 57: [: Extensions/AppleHDA.kext: binary operator expected

Extensions/ACPIPS2Nub.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext
Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Mouse.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext
Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext
Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext
Extensions/dsmos.kext
Extensions/fakesmc.kext
Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext
Extensions/IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGenericPCATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleOnBoardPCATA.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOATABlockStorage.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOATAPIProtocolTransport.kext
Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple3Com3C90x.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple_DEC21x4Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGMACEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext
Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext
Extensions/UUID.kext

Creating com.apple.Boot.plist...
mv: rename ScriptFiles/com.apple.Boot.plist to /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory
mv: rename smbios.plist to /Volumes/MacLoader/Extra: Not a directory

Complete! Finished setting-up MacLoader as the Snow Leopard pre-booter.

logout

chameleon was being installed in your system-volume (i.e. Snow Leopard). check if your "Snow Leopard" partition already has the "Extra" folder.

before u run "3_MacLoader", make sure to remove/unmount any other drives named "MacLoader". if u also have a folder named "MacLoader", rename it first.

i'd recommend u restart w/ partitioning your target disk but u have to make sure no other volume/partition/folder is already named "MacLoader".

or u may also try erasing/renaming your "MacLoader" partition (aka "MacLoader 1") to anything, say Booter then edit the line 43 of macloader.sh inside the ScriptFiles folder to wit:

diskutil eraseVolume "HFS+" "SnowLeoBooter" /dev/disk${DISKNUMBER}s$PARTITIONNUMBER > /dev/null

change "MacLoader" to "SnowLeoBooter" or any other name you like but give it a name w/out any [space].

i have a Evga Gtx 295 i dont know of any Kext to add for this is there a way i could use the Efi String? could u say where i wud add this?... So far i folled the tutorial but wen it boots after the spinning circle and is o move to the spinning ball the screen goes blank

i have a Evga Gtx 295 i dont know of any Kext to add for this is there a way i could use the Efi String? could u say where i wud add this?... So far i folled the tutorial but wen it boots after the spinning circle and is o move to the spinning ball the screen goes blank

u can remove the NVEnabler.kext inside the KEXTs folder of the MacLoader_SL kit. efi-strings can be added to the com.apple.Boot.plist that can be found inside the Extra folder of both the SnowLeoInstaller and MacLoader volume/partitions.

Trying to install on a Maximus II formula.

If I click f8 and select the usb drive I simply see a black screen and a blinking cursor.

And if click SnowLeoInstaller in Chameleon I get this kernel panic:

http://xeped.com/IMG_1960.JPG

Also tried to install bootloader2 (chameleon 1) but I cant find any way to boot the usb from it.

Any help would be great.

i don't know how it happens in your case but that blank screen w/ only blinking underscore means no bootloader is found.

Funny did that... still no help at all. Seems I have a problem with my system not reading the usb properly, or let me put it like this. The error messages are pointing towards a problem with the AppleUSBUHCI. now I know its not that a big problem to fix since Netkas has posted something about it, but I have to extract that kexts from the DVD and fix it up. still dont think it will help me with the problem. Im getting more or less extremely annoyed at Snow Leopard. I have been reinstalling leo 9 times in total now... 4 only today, due to me wanting to add Snow Leo on my FIRST Hard drive and let it be my main OS. Seems like no guide at all ( been trying already over 7 so far) have been able to let me get into SL after a reboot from the installation side.

if u were following this guide & u were already successful in installing snowleo, try rebooting w/ your SnowLeoInstaller. at timeout, interrupt boot then select the Snow Leopard partition (or wherever u installed snowleo) and press [ENTER]. regarding the usb-fix, i believe there's also a guide to patch dsdt provided by ApexDE.

Update2,

was able to update kext (had to boot back 10.5),

Is there a way to update kext, set permission when boot in snow leopard?

I love this guide, easy and learning a lot of things just by looking at the script.

Thanks alot MACinized!