• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

mark22122

mark22122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I have the same MoBo, and I downloaded the DSDT program and tried to find where I need to change my kext files, but I am not sure what to do. I have no sound, I installed the first patch listed above using a kext utility. What do I do next? What file do I open and modify. Do I use DSDT to modify it?

Basically, what are the steps for a newbie to get sound working on a G41M-E2SL

Brandon-G

Brandon-G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I got vanilla SL working on this board with everything but the sound working.

I used this guide http://www.lifehacke...cking-required/ and using the patcher there, video (nVidia), LAN etc were all working.

I tried to use the #1 kext posted above and its giving me a kernal panic upon every reboot (it logs in, then panics)

mark22122

mark22122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I used that one too....and no audio working for me either. There has to be a quick fix to this!!

ipald

ipald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I used that one too....and no audio working for me either. There has to be a quick fix to this!!

in 10.5.8 I used AzalioAudio
http://www.mediafire.com/?enez1guzz1g 

try, maybe in 10.6 will work.

ipald

ipald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I got vanilla SL working on this board with everything but the sound working.

I used this guide http://www.lifehacke...cking-required/ and using the patcher there, video (nVidia), LAN etc were all working.

I tried to use the #1 kext posted above and its giving me a kernal panic upon every reboot (it logs in, then panics)

What SL build did you use?

I used 10a222 and 10a432, still can't boot.

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

in 10.5.8 I used AzalioAudio
http://www.mediafire.com/?enez1guzz1g 

try, maybe in 10.6 will work.

I've added an audio guide to the front page. I tried to make it as step by step as possible. Unfortunately, I did have to edit my DSDT file to get things working. Editing the DSDT is a little more complicated than just copying files around. Make a backup of your current DSDT file so you can restore in Single User mode if necessary.

Brandon-G

Brandon-G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Retail?

ipald

ipald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Retail?

yes, but I copy .dmg into new hard drive partition, not in USB flash.

and I can't install SL from disk, only if I run OSInstall.mpgk.

Brandon-G

Brandon-G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

I had 432, now I can use 10.6.1

Can someone explain exactly how to access this DSDT file?

ipald

ipald

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I had 432, now I can use 10.6.1

thanks, I will try again.

unix_fan

unix_fan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
IRobie et al:
Does anybody have Sleep working on the G41M-ES2L under 10.6.1? It's the only thing not working for me, and it's bugging me more than I thought it would. :wallbash:

I've scrutinized every post. I don't see anyone explicitly claiming it works but SleepEnabler.Kext is on here so I'm thinking there is something simple I missed.

I've tried 32 and 64bit 10.6.1 as well as F3 and now F4 BIOS versions. My rig goes into some unknown state and I can't wake it. The fan stays on, no keyboard or mouse actions work to bring it out of whatever state it's in. Nothing in the DSDT jumps out at me..

Sleep worked just fine for me under 10.5.7 so I know the motherboard is capable of properly working sleep.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is swapping Sleep Enabler kexts from the 10.5.7 boot.
I use two hard drives so that I can revert bac to a known working baseline When 1.6.1 works perfectly, I'll make a backup on the 2nd drive and establish a new working baseline.

mark22122

mark22122

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've added an audio guide to the front page. I tried to make it as step by step as possible. Unfortunately, I did have to edit my DSDT file to get things working. Editing the DSDT is a little more complicated than just copying files around. Make a backup of your current DSDT file so you can restore in Single User mode if necessary.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Very helpful!

Jason N

Jason N

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So I've been able to follow this guide wonderfully except for a couple small issues:
  • Upon each boot, the desktop loads and I can move the mouse, but I can't click on anything or type anything for at least 4 minutes. SSH works in the meantime, but doesn't show high load on any processes.
  • Sound. I tried to follow the DSDT patching notes from the guide, but I end up with two warning and one error when I try to compile the DSDT after making the changes. One of the errors specifically references the change I made for sound: "Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)"
Any thoughts? This is my first jump into the Hackintosh world, so any help is much appreciated.

andresmtzc

andresmtzc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I cannot make my mother board's ethernet adaptor work, any ideas?

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

So I've been able to follow this guide wonderfully except for a couple small issues:

• Upon each boot, the desktop loads and I can move the mouse, but I can't click on anything or type anything for at least 4 minutes. SSH works in the meantime, but doesn't show high load on any processes.
  • Sound. I tried to follow the DSDT patching notes from the guide, but I end up with two warning and one error when I try to compile the DSDT after making the changes. One of the errors specifically references the change I made for sound: "Object does not exist ^ (DTGP)"
Any thoughts? This is my first jump into the Hackintosh world, so any help is much appreciated.

For the first problem, I had a similar issue. Booting in verbose mode showed a "USB transaction not found in 5 seconds" or similar error. The problem for me was I had a defective USB device. The device was an internal card reader, which technically plugged into a USB slot on the MB. It took a long time to find because I didn't think of it as USB.

For the second, my guess is it sounds like the Kext isn't loaded correctly. You installed LegacyHDA_ALC888B into your Extra/Extension folder? If so, I recommend running the Kext Utility, reboot, then make sure the kext is loaded by going into terminal and running kextstat

I cannot make my mother board's ethernet adaptor work, any ideas?

I haven't tried the board's ethernet adapter on 10.6, but on 10.5.6 it worked using kext for G31M-ES2L. Did you have any problems on 10.5?

The kext I used was RealtekR1000.

potter 1984

potter 1984

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

IRobie et al:
Does anybody have Sleep working on the G41M-ES2L under 10.6.1? It's the only thing not working for me, and it's bugging me more than I thought it would. B)

I've scrutinized every post. I don't see anyone explicitly claiming it works but SleepEnabler.Kext is on here so I'm thinking there is something simple I missed.

I've tried 32 and 64bit 10.6.1 as well as F3 and now F4 BIOS versions. My rig goes into some unknown state and I can't wake it. The fan stays on, no keyboard or mouse actions work to bring it out of whatever state it's in. Nothing in the DSDT jumps out at me..

Sleep worked just fine for me under 10.5.7 so I know the motherboard is capable of properly working sleep.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is swapping Sleep Enabler kexts from the 10.5.7 boot.
I use two hard drives so that I can revert bac to a known working baseline When 1.6.1 works perfectly, I'll make a backup on the 2nd drive and establish a new working baseline.

Hello M8,

I seem to have a semi working sleep, i click sleep the comp turn complety off, i move the mouse, it wakes up and is back to desktop in no time, without out a post boot or load up to the OS, just goes straight in where i left off.

Im surprised as the comp it totally off, no lights nothing just dead, but is still kept in RAM, Nice :-)

FYI im on the F8 bios G31M-ES2L, Q6600, 8600GT, 4GB DDR2 corsair ram, aluminium keyboard (Apple), crappy sata harddrive, Sata DVD drive. Any more details just ask..

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

IRobie et al:
Does anybody have Sleep working on the G41M-ES2L under 10.6.1? It's the only thing not working for me, and it's bugging me more than I thought it would. B)

Woops, missed this question.

Sleep works perfectly for me. I'll look at my BIOS settings tonight. I know that I had to do something to enable waking from the Keyboard, otherwise I had to push the power button to turn it back on. There's no difference between this machine & my iMac have between sleep.

I do have SleepEnabler.kext and the 'Please Sleep' application. I still boot in 32 bit mode.

Oh, Wake on Lan also works for me, but again I have a third party ethernet card.

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
My BIOS settings are pretty much all standard. I didn't change anything from optimized defaults:
ACPI: S3(STR)
HPET Support: Enabled
HPET Mode: 64-bit

One really strange thing - today I upgraded from a White/plastic Mac keyboard to an aluminum Mac keyboard. Both wired. The plastic keyboard allowed me to wake the computer with it, but the aluminum one won't. Both Apple keyboards.

andresmtzc

andresmtzc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am using RealtekR1000 and my ethernet adaptor is inconsistent, works sometimes, sometimes doesn't... takes a few reboots and unplugs to make it work.

Anyways, I just updated into 10.6.2 and I have a kernel panic, trying to fix it right now.

UPDATE:

Okay so I plugged my Hackintosh hard drive into a mac, and removed SleepEnabler.kext from the extra folder, that solved the kernel panic, however my audio does not work anymore. Trying to fix that now.

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Okay so I plugged my Hackintosh hard drive into a mac, and removed SleepEnabler.kext from the extra folder, that solved the kernel panic, however my audio does not work anymore. Trying to fix that now.

I read elsewhere that SleepEnabler wasn't 10.6.2 compatible, but there's an update here: http://stellarola.tu...xt-post-updated

What I did was:
Delete SleepEnabler.kext
Run update
On first boot, install new version & run Kext Utility

Worked for me.

For audio, I had to change the output devices (that were "Line Out") to Internal Speaker. Not sure why.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy