borisbadenov ATI X1000-series Solution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1380 replies to this topic

quietglow

quietglow

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired
  • 139 posts

My card is a CONNECT3D X1600XT and following your instruction it is working perfect !!! device ID is 0x71c0 BIG, BIG TANKS !!!

Could you give specifics?

DVI or VGA? What monitor/resolution? PCIE or AGP??

That's the first report of it working with an XT (sam dev ID as mine) so I'm particularly interested.

psikadelik

psikadelik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Curling, hockey, Molson, skiing, snowmobiling,

From what I see, if you have an ATIRadeon9700.kext card follow the exact same steps, except set ATY,WORMY to VGA instead of display. I don't see why this wouldn't work.

example:
<key>IONameMatch</key><string>VGA</string>

I gotta get to class, so I will try this after. I believe this should work.

Let us know if it works after you test this out please. Others with ATI Mobility 9700s are interested in the results also!

merak

merak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:PC<br /><br />P4 3.06 HT sock 478<br />hd Sata maxtor 160gb<br /...

Could you give specifics?

DVI or VGA? What monitor/resolution? PCIE or AGP??

That's the first report of it working with an XT (sam dev ID as mine) so I'm particularly interested.

same dev id as mine at all....i'm totally tired i'd like to try now, but i think i'm gonna do that tomorrow
i've no dvi cable at the mom...should i do it anyway??
my native res is 1440x900

Tiburon

Tiburon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

From what I see, if you have an ATIRadeon9700.kext card follow the exact same steps, except set ATY,WORMY to VGA instead of display. I don't see why this wouldn't work.

example:
<key>IONameMatch</key><string>VGA</string>

I gotta get to class, so I will try this after. I believe this should work.

I originally had that setup like on my laptop, but it doesnt work.

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
it is a pci-e card, conncected to vga port, sorry for not specify this in the post, it was more that excited !

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
I tried kday's idea in conjunction with the rest of the instructions with an X800 XL. No dice(it used 9700.kext).

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
anyone with an AGP X1600?

ive tryed to change "display" to "VGA", it doesnt hang but doesnt load the ATINDRV.kext :)

davegarbs

davegarbs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Tried this on my Dell Inspiron 6000 x300m (device id 5460) with no luck...

Tiburon

Tiburon

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
it looks like ATINDRV needs ATIRadeonX1000.kext

Because loading just ATIRadeonX1000 at boot by itself will cause a kernel panic almost immediately, whereas loading it with inconjunction of ATINDRV it goes all the way to the login screen and the screen has two lines.

This is on a Mobile 9600

MacBlac

MacBlac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I also get to the point where it is about to load the login screen and it hangs - X1800XT - Using 7100102

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
My freind has a x1300 card, will try this weekend and Ill try to keep you posted.

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
MacBlac and Quietglow - maybe our problem is that we're all running 10.4.6, whereas boris is running 10.4.5 (as can be seen from his screenshot).

i'm going to reinstall myzar's 10.4.4/10.4.5 DVD and retry this, as we all appear to have the same behaviour, and we all seem to be running 10.4.6 (mine's a JaS install - anyone else?)

will post my findings. if im right, then i think i'll just do the 10.4.6 update manually using quixos method - seems to be the safest.

kseelbo

kseelbo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Dude you ROCK!!!!! I followed your instructions, repaired permissions, reboot and works PERFECTLY! X1600pro PCI-X under 10.4.5. I bow down to your wisdom!

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
i think the problem comes from the fact ATINDRV seek for a string named "X1600" and it doesnt work so on X1800 and 9XXX
maybe using IDA on the main ATINDRV file into the kext can help ... i'll try tommorrow but i dont have IDA
Btw ATINDRV may possibly needs of X1000.kext but it doenst only need that else it would work on X1800 eheh

littlepr

littlepr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Yep, the exact one indeed. Works like a charm

Sweet!!! Just ordered the last one PageComputers had in stock for $105.80 and that is the cheapest price I was able to find it for online. Thanks borisbadenov. Now all I need to do is wait for it to arrive and then follow your step by step procedure to get it setup correctly.

Thanks again.

ohpossum

ohpossum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Can someone who has this working copy the output of "kextstat | grep ATI".

If I try "sudo kextload -t ATINDRV.kext" with either the 10.4.4, 4.5, or 4.6 versions, I get this error:

kernel extension ATINDRV.kext has problems:
Validation failures
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE_NAME" = true
}

Now, I can edit Info.plist to resolve these errors, but those edits aren't in Boris' initial steps. I don't understand how ATINDRV is actually doing anything if its failing to load.

For those that have gotten this to work, what happens if you don't do the ATINDRV changes?

Thanks

op

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Sweet!!! Just ordered the last one PageComputers had in stock for $105.80 and that is the cheapest price I was able to find it for online. Thanks borisbadenov. Now all I need to do is wait for it to arrive and then follow your step by step procedure to get it setup correctly.

Thanks again.

Hey, glad to help. And as an update, same pocedure on 10.4.6 works as well. View the screenshot.Attached File  Picture_2.png   940.44KB   1240 downloads Attached File  Picture_2.png   940.44KB   1240 downloads

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
update on the 10.4.4/10.4.5 theory. i just copied the 10.4.4 ATINDRV and X1000 kexts to my Jas 10.4.6 fresh install (as installed, except with IOPCIFamily from 10.4.3 installed to fix autologin and twirl), did boris' changes and booted up. i got a weird corrupt screen with loads of blocks of colour, but it was definitely running (ie there was a discernible block at the bottom which behaved like the dock, and blocks at the top for menus etc).

boris got back to me to say he's *upgraded* his installation "with the 10.4.6 Jas patch", and everything still works fine. however, due to my above experiences, im still working on the theory that this will NOT work on a fresh 10.4.6 Jas install.

gonna take me a little while to copy the 10.4.4/5 dvd iso off my fileserver ({censored} wireless connection only) but once its copied and burnt and installed i'll try again.

MacBlac

MacBlac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Interesting, kseelbo got it going under 10.4.5, I have 10.4.6 Jas here as well and it does not.
If this proves to be a workaround I'll try 10.4.5 as well, although I'm very curious what the difference between the two is regarding the X1000.

Elv13

Elv13

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
borisbadenov, with a simillar hack, do you think we would be able to enable QE on radeon 7500-9250?
do you have an idea how to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy