• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

maztrr

maztrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I believe i read the other day that apple is actually worth more than microsoft now so I don't see how they have any reason to license their software. I think it would actually make more sence if they just brought down their pricepoint.

CursedHax

CursedHax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I don't see any reason for Apple to sell OSX for general PC's. Apple doesen't want you to run OSX on a PC because the hardware on a mac and the software (OSX) fit perfectly. Everything works out-of-the-box, and it's really fast.

Besides, if people really want OSX then their only option is to buy a Mac, which makes Apple more money.

Amacx86

Amacx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

5 Lets fact it OSX is the only os you would ever need. As we all know A Mac can run windows and linux.
So apart from the sales of real Macs dropping what is the down side for Apple?
Apple is a company that is in business to make money and I think the money made from selling OSX for PC's would far out weigh any losses of sales of real Mac's.

Dave

Apple sees itself as a hardware and consumer electronics company, and selling OSX for PCs would put a serious dent in Mac sales.

The biggest complaint I have about Apple's lineup now is that the Macbook is "too good."

That is, there isn't enough of a performance gap between the Macbook and Macbook Pro to justfiy spending the extra money on the Pro for most people - and there's too much of a price gap between the Macbook and entry level Celeron, core, and AMD powered laptops for people who have an eye on their wallet during tough times to choose mac.

The Macbook needs to be a computer version of the Mac Mini that can tackle the masses of entry level laptops out there.

Celeron T1500, with integrated intel graphics, for instance, selling new at a $699 price point.

Nghia Developer

Nghia Developer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Apple won't sell OS X for PC because if they do that many people find no reason to buy a Mac anymore which is just a low to average PC, over-priced hardwares and the design of the Mac haven't changed for many years

Ultimately reason is Apple wants your money as much as it can get

Monitor of Mac is IPS, it's good but you can get as good as it with Dell IPS monitor for just half price

Adam Sleith

Adam Sleith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Computers (OSX86)<br />Music Production<br />Cars
I never wan't to see this happen. That would just mean we would get all of windows problems on mac OS X. There would also be loads more viruses because more people will be using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy