Chameleon 2.0RC1 is out!

Konami®

104 posts in this topic

I am in love with it already! Any way for it to only show bootable drives? I have a load of partitions and extra drives in my machine for time machine etc and it looks a little messy..

Stupid question, besides for using Path Finder (which I use), how did you get the drive capacities to show up on the desktop?

What I don't realy get...this will automaticly detect my NTFS-Windows Partition, and my Ubuntu-EXT Partition and make it ready to boot from? So no tweaking EasyBCD or GRUB anymore? Would be happy if someone could explain me this :).

Thanks in Advance :)

~Blue-K

What I don't realy get...this will automaticly detect my NTFS-Windows Partition, and my Ubuntu-EXT Partition and make it ready to boot from? So no tweaking EasyBCD or GRUB anymore? Would be happy if someone could explain me this :) .

Thanks in Advance :)

~Blue-K

Yes, this will detect windows partition and boot it if it's boot loader is intact. It'll also detect and boot ubuntu if grub is installed to the ubuntu partition boot sector (option during install).

view menu -> show view options -> show item info

Thank you very much!!!

Another question for you guys....

I’m getting an Unknown AHCI Controller in profiler: http://i43.tinypic.com/mt712d.jpg

I’m thinking that one of my old .kexts are interfering with one of the new injectors or vice versa. Any help, would be mucho appreciated!

Here are a list of my .kexts in /Extra/Extensions:

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleACPIButtons.kext

AppleACPIEC.kext

AppleACPIPCI.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

ATAPortInjector.kext

Disabler.kext

dsmos.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

AHCIPortInjector is missing IDs for ICH10/ICH10R.

Copy the IDs from an ICH10 fixed AHCI kext (search the forum) and insert them in the plist of the injector.

Is the kext I'm looking for named: LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext ? I'm not sure that's the right one since it's for LEGACY mode but I do see the following in it:

com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
ICH10R AHCI
AppleAHCI
0x3a228086
IOPCIDevice
Intel

Under

ICH10RAHCI

But I don't see

ICH10RAHCI

anywhere in the AHCIPortInjector.kext

Am I on the right track? Thanks for your help!

UPDATE: Working now, copied over the values from one plist to the other and it's full recognized. Thanks!!!

recent test works good.. but today some problems

if I have a MBR partition scheme with EFI (hfs) and Leopard (hfs) the rc1 won't boot the EFI.

instead .. it boot the EFI in the GPT USB pen !

bye

Ok, I was so excited that I forgot to put my kexts in extension folder, there is some way to do this after install chameleon?

Cause my MacOS dont load anymore. :)

Edit: Never mind guys I deleted partitions and will install again, with more caution. :D

Ive got a problem booting windows xp. XP is on a different HD than the bootloader. When i choose the XP hd, my computer reboots... :D Curiously when i try to boot Windows 7, it works and it boots in less than 5 seconds. Very strange...

EDIT: Is chain0 related to my problem?

If I'm reading things right (various posts and the comments section on Chameleon site) Chameleon 2.0 will only boot your Windows install if it's on the drive that's set as primary drive in the BIOS.

Looky here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160286

---

Has anyone found out how to hide partitions from Chameleon yet?

Chameleon 2.0 shows my USB stick (which is not currently bootable) in the boot selector.

It also shows an NTFS data-only partition (disk0s3 according to Disk Utility).

The partition is on the same drive as my OS X install (GPT/MBR hybrid).

The drive itself was formatted and partitioned using Disk Utility - I made a HFS+J partition for installing OSX and a FAT32 partition (which I reformatted as NTFS later in Vista).

I get the good old 'NTLDR missing' message if I select it.

From Disk Manager in Vista I can see the partition is set as 'Primary'.

What if I converted the partition type to 'Extended' with some third party tool, would that make it disappear from Chameleon?

Or is there some way to manipulate the MBR so that it's identified as non-bootable?

Or...would it cause problems with the GPT and kill my hackintosh?

Sorry ,I don't see any progress bar ,How and where I see it

Is there any way to boot to default disk without selecting

Watch this..

By default, it should have a time out bar, if you hit a key while its counting down (what is done in the video) it then takes you to the menu.

i have Timeout set to 8 seconds like in default, however after 30 minutes.... it was still at the boot chameleon screen :?

Hey guys. Does this require Leopard?

I have a Dell Latitude 120L and the only thing I could get running on it was 10.4.11.

My old Leopard pc died. :(

Thanks.

very good question, i don't know a whole lot about bootloaders, but i do know that you do need to be running an EFI setup at the very least. also, MBR vs GUID might be touchy... just a thought.

Watch this..

By default, it should have a time out bar, if you hit a key while its counting down (what is done in the video) it then takes you to the menu.

by default I see menu ,no bar

I did default install

I don't know what I missed ?

UPDATE Solved ,Need to manually add UUID to com.apple.Boot.plist

Go to /extra and open com.apple.boot.plist with a property list editor or open it with nano from terminal.

Then change the resolution in the graphics mode string to your displays native resolution.

Repeat the same process for the theme.plist file inside the folder of the theme you are using.