Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

m.musashi

409 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first time using osx86. Im using the JAS 10.4.8. My mobo is p4p800e-deluxe. Everything is working fine except for the network. under windows, my network card is detected as marvell yukon gigabit. I followed the instructions in the previous page using the skge.kext. Did it a couple of times but still no luck. I even changed this 0x432011AB with this 0x170010B7.

Where can I check the specific model of my ethernet card? I am not sure if the one included in my mobo is marvell yukon 8001 or 88E8055 or other model.

Where can I also check my vendor and dev id?

TIA :unsure:

Hi,

You check you device/id in the windows device properties. If you check patitently all the tabs you'll find that information in a listbox.

If you have a p4p800 i'm sure it will be the 3com, so, it will be 0x170010B7

Have you followed the instructions by line?

1 - You need the alter the Info.plist file.

2 - Copy the file to /System/Library/Extensions

3 - Check if the permissions of the file/directory of the drivers is correct: (if this is not correct, the extensions will no be loaded due to permissions)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext (-R is for the recursive option, some files in mac osx, like the extensions or applications, are actually directories)

4 - Remove the extensions cache (i think this is the right term):

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

5 - Reboot

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Nuno

It is now working :rolleyes:

BTW, Ive already seen my dev and vendor id, and it is matched to 0x432011AB even if my board is p4p800e-deluxe. So the problem before is that I used the 0x432011AB and installed it incorrectly then changed it to 0x170010B7 and installed it right but is still not functioning because of the wrong dev and ven id.

Thanks again. :)

As much as I hate to ask for help...(usually the answer is staring at me in the face)...I can't get this driver to work with my DGE-530T.

I've followed both sets of instructions in this entire thread:

1.) I edited the info.plist with the DGE-530T deviceID (0x4C001186)

2.) Opened the terminal and typed...

3.) sudo -s (password)

4.) cp -R (location of skge.kext to be copied) /System/Library/Extensions/

5.) rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

6.) rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I rebooted and nothing. I checked the Network area. It's blank.

The second set of instructions:

1.) Copy skge.kext in to the /System/Library/Extensions/

2.) Open Terminal

3.) Entered these command lines:

4.) sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

5.) sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

6.) sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

7.) sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Still nothing.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Like I mentioned above ...I figured it out.

I was doing everything perfectly correct, BUT my device ID was different than the one in this thread.

To anyone trying to use a DGE-530T, check the card itself. There should be a revision number written on the top of the card as "REV-B1" (which is mine). That letter and number should replace the ones in this thread's device ID.

Example: 0x4C001186 changed to 0x4B011186.

It's nice to have the network up and running. All thanks to m.musashi!

I got revision A1 - I tried to change letter 0x4A001186, 0x4A011186, 0x4A111186, 0x4A101186 - NOTHING WORKS! Any suggestions?

Please help!

You guys have got a really cool community going here. Today was my first crack [hehe] at OSx86, on my P4P800-SE P4 box. I'll write a few things that will hopefully be of service. This may turn out to be simple affirmation of this forum's most helpful suggestions.

1) I don't think you can obtain your ethernet "Device ID" or "Vendor ID" via the OS X system profiler at all, ever. I can't even find it on my MacBook. As said by others, you'll need to check it via Windows or some other utility (like a live Linux distribution, or some other bootable utility that may have a hardware profiler on it).

If you're booting the PC into Windows for this, try the DirectX diagnostic tool (pic, site).

-Click on Start, then Run.

-Type dxdiag into the box and hit Enter. The program may take awhile to compile your PC's info.

-Then click on Save All Information to get a nicely-formatted, diagnostic text report of your system's hardware.

2)

I have a DFI Lanparty NF4 with Marvell Yukon 8001 and now running semthex last kernel, works like charm with this driver :D

All I did was just installed a older version of IONetworkFamily.kext...

This worked for me too. So if you guys get "a link/load error occurred for kernel extension skge.kext" when you try to load the driver via kextload, your IONetworkFamily.kext file is to blame . Replace this (located in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkFamily.kext) with an older 10.4.3 version, which director_atx kindly uploaded in another thread.

3) Lastly, you may be confronted by an "installed improperly" error:

post-90997-1173424020_thumb.png

I either got this because a) I tampered with my IONetworkFamily.kext file, or B) my newer version of this file (from a patched JaS 10.4.8 release) screwed me twice over. So. If you get these errors, don't mess with the file, just back it up and try replacing it (and then reboot).

Thanks everyone, especially m.musashi!

-mm

• 2 weeks later...

I got an Asus P5P800 motherboard with Yukon 8801.

this is what I get when using dxdiage.exe

Name: Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_811A1043&REV_13\4&2E98101C&0&28F0

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\yk51x86.sys, 7.21.0001.0003 (English), 8/19/2004 00:21:00, 189568 bytes

do i need any changes to the info.plist supplied in skge.kext.02d.zip?

I followed this procedure

open terminal

sudo -s

(enter password)

cp -R (drag and drop the file and remove the / at the end) /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

then I tried:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

but got an error so I tried: harufu's-computer:~ root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext appears to be valid

kextload: notice: extension /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext has debug properties set

7skgeosx is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

any help pls...what am I doing wrong? I´ve installed the kext no new network card detected.

I get a strange output on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium during boot using skge.kext. System and network driver working without problems. Has anyone an idea about this?

thats fine... it does that on basically everyone's system

• 3 weeks later...

I heard form somebody on here that he got his "Marvell 88E1116" working. A friend of his made a driver for him. Can anybody help me and tell me how to obtain such a driver for this card or how I can make one myself?

I'd really appreciate it :thumbsdown_anim:

look Ive tried everything to work on my 3com based onboard lan of my p4c800 dlx mobo but alas cant get the network card to work

Ive tried the initial instructions tried the 16 instructions on page 8 and still nothing

if anyone has it working on this mobo plese give me some assistance I appreciate it

• 4 weeks later...
not working for me. Ive got the newest JaS disc on demon. Im using a D-Link DGE-530T and I changed the number in info.plist.

nevermind, got it working. works great! thanks

Could you tell me how?

I have a D-Link DGE-530 T as well and 10.4.8 JaS doesn't see it.

Maybe I installed it wrong

As much as I hate to ask for help...(usually the answer is staring at me in the face)...I can't get this driver to work with my DGE-530T.

I've followed both sets of instructions in this entire thread:

1.) I edited the info.plist with the DGE-530T deviceID (0x4C001186)

2.) Opened the terminal and typed...

3.) sudo -s (password)

4.) cp -R (location of skge.kext to be copied) /System/Library/Extensions/

5.) rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

6.) rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

I rebooted and nothing. I checked the Network area. It's blank.

The second set of instructions:

1.) Copy skge.kext in to the /System/Library/Extensions/

2.) Open Terminal

3.) Entered these command lines:

Still nothing.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Like I mentioned above ...I figured it out.

I was doing everything perfectly correct, BUT my device ID was different than the one in this thread.

To anyone trying to use a DGE-530T, check the card itself. There should be a revision number written on the top of the card as "REV-B1" (which is mine). That letter and number should replace the ones in this thread's device ID.

Example: 0x4C001186 changed to 0x4B011186.

It's nice to have the network up and running. All thanks to m.musashi!

You solved this for me. I thank you very much.

I can now use my d-link

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how I can edit this driver so its compatible with a Marvell 88E1116?

Edit: I know that theres a way to hack the current AppleYukon.kext, but I have no idea of what the hardware IDs on my Ethernet card are, nor do I know how to find them. I tried to edit once, but it didn't seem to work.

If somebody could help me out, that would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a P4P800 Deluxe with 3Com 3C9400 and i followed your directions multiple times and it keeps saying i did not install it properly when i reboot, I even moved the kext into the IONETWORKING.kext/contents/plugins and it still doesnt work. HELP!?!

NEVERMIND FIXED!

MAKE SURE YOU

or else it will say you did not properly install it!!!!!

Hi new OS X user here.

First step is to get networking and the Internet up so I can fix my other problems.

I have built in ethernet on my Asus p5b deluxe wifi. It has 2 ethernet ports and from what I've read only the first port works.

I looked up the vend id and dev id in windows device manager and I edited the info.plist. Here are the error messages I recieved.

skgeosx::probe(ethernet)

skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>

skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2d ---- M.Musashi ©2006

skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4364 Rev:12

skgeosx ERR: unsupported chip type 0xb4

skgeosx ERR: board reset failed

skgeosx: Stopped!

skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1> failed

Looks like the driver doesn't support what I have?? Is there a driver out there that does?

EDIT: Go it working thanks so much! To anyone with an Asus P5b Deluxe Wifi: Use Ethernet Port #2 and not Ethernet Port #1. This driver only works for your second ethernet port. btw the dev id/vend id are 4320 and 11AB.

- mnx