• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

myzar

myzar

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Kext works fine under 10.4.8 for me too, it doesn't like s3 suspend tho, when the system wakes up the network card is dead. No big deal tho

braveskunk

braveskunk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
will try 2 sleep it and then wake and post if it's still working or not;p

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
guys pliz don't pm me, I won't answer to installation questions

This driver is for yukon 8001, as far as I know it doesn't support 8055 (it should be supported by appleyukon.kext ... try and modify plist with your ids)

myzar: yes I've never implemented the powermanagement as I don't have a laptop with yukon to test it ... and unfortunately I have so much real life work that I can't even read this forum, let alone work on the driver; if towards XMas I'll have some free time then I'll implement powermanagement and a couple of more things

otherwise somebody else could work on it; before I released the source code some ppl were complaining ... now that it's available no one has worked on it!

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Living Life, Going Out Places, Dancing, Music, Girls, Computers/Technology/Electronics, Philosop...
So what are the things to do ?
I have OSX 10.4.8 (from jas 10.4.8 dvd intel.sse3.only) semthex kernel and it doesnt work

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

So what are the things to do ?
I have OSX 10.4.8 (from jas 10.4.8 dvd intel.sse3.only) semthex kernel and it doesnt work

same I have, was it a new install or an update?
mine was a new install; I just moved the skge to System/Library/Extensions as usual with "sudo cp -R"

if your updating, then I suggest to try
- copy skge.kext onto the Desktop
- delete skge.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
- delete Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext
- reboot
- copy skge.kext from Desktop to /System/Library/Extensions (remember to use "sudo cp -R")
- reboot or to speed things up from terminal type (sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext)

try and let me know, otherwise I'll download the new xcode and will recompile it to see if it fixes things
oh, if it doesn't work tell me what error message you get, thnks

braveskunk

braveskunk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
musashi the thing is u have to place it in library/extensions/ionetworingfamily.kext/contents/plugins/ that helped me with my yukon 8001 otherwise it says that extension was improperly installed and cannot b used.pls contact vendor etc...

wondergod

wondergod

wonder mac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
I think there are two ways to get the skge driver working with new kernel. Either replace the ionetworking kext or recompile the source m.musashi provided.

Attached is the source I recompiled after installing the JaS 10.4.8 reseed ISO and Xcode.

Attached Files

Eidola

Eidola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I am running JaS 10.4.8, and this driver has worked for me using the default SemtheX kernel included on the ISO, as well as the latest kernel updates.

I did not have to put the kext anywhere special, just in /System/Library/Extensions, though I do get a good number of "family specific matching failed" messages when booting with this kext installed, but networking does work.

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:Living Life, Going Out Places, Dancing, Music, Girls, Computers/Technology/Electronics, Philosop...

I think there are two ways to get the skge driver working with new kernel. Either replace the ionetworking kext or recompile the source m.musashi provided.

Attached is the source I recompiled after installing the JaS 10.4.8 reseed ISO and Xcode.

thanks for that im gonna try it now

same I have, was it a new install or an update?
mine was a new install; I just moved the skge to System/Library/Extensions as usual with "sudo cp -R"

if your updating, then I suggest to try
- copy skge.kext onto the Desktop
- delete skge.kext from /System/Library/Extensions
- delete Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext
- reboot
- copy skge.kext from Desktop to /System/Library/Extensions (remember to use "sudo cp -R")
- reboot or to speed things up from terminal type (sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext)

try and let me know, otherwise I'll download the new xcode and will recompile it to see if it fixes things
oh, if it doesn't work tell me what error message you get, thnks

new install :)

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Just tried it with the wwondergod file and nothing =\\

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Just tried it with the wwondergod file and nothing =\\

do you get error message in the log? I cannot fix it if I can't replicate the error (as I said it works fine in my 10.4.8) or understand what's going wrong

I did not have to put the kext anywhere special, just in /System/Library/Extensions, though I do get a good number of "family specific matching failed" messages when booting with this kext installed, but networking does work.

family fails is ok, don't worry it doesn't have any impact ... it's just the IOKit trying a device match + the driver is in debug mode

Eidola

Eidola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

family fails is ok, don't worry it doesn't have any impact ... it's just the IOKit trying a device match + the driver is in debug mode

That is what I thought after doing some research into the subject... thank you for your reply, and thank you for the driver... all my hardware is now fully working thanks to your driver! :)

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

no it doesn't work
do you get error message in the log? I cannot fix it if I can't replicate the error (as I said it works fine in my 10.4.8) or understand what's going wrong

What log ?

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

What log ?

open terminal
sudo dmesg
cut&paste the messages starting with skgeosx: (or anything that looks relevant)

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
skgeosx::probe(ethernet)
skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>
skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2d ---- M.Musashi ©2006
skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4320 Rev:13
skgeosx: board is Yukon-Lite

ethernet: family specific matching fails
skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:11:2f:b5:e0:1c

m.musashi

m.musashi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

skgeosx::probe(ethernet)
skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>
skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2d ---- M.Musashi 2006
skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4320 Rev:13
skgeosx: board is Yukon-Lite
ethernet: family specific matching fails
skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:11:2f:b5:e0:1c

that's it? strange
it actually detects the ethernet MAC, but it doesn't enable the interface (you should get a skgeosx: Enabled!

have you checked in System Preference / Network that the nic is detected, set everything to automatic?
also check out the System Profiler for info on ethernet

RobNyc

RobNyc

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Miracle, I just went into network and took 2 screenshots of 2 new notices I got..
It works now Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

LKU1

LKU1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
argh :pirate2:

i still have problems, and i think it has to do with the kernel :whistle:

rig: amd athlon x2 4400+ a8n-sli premium

i finally got around to installing 10.4.8 from tubgirl with the final ppf applied. when i first booted up (for the first time), i saw that there were skgeosx messages after using "-v" at the boot prompt. so, i went to system pref. and looked at network, and "Built in ethernet" was there. however, i cannot connect to the internet for some reason.

some of you have had success with semthex, others haven't. why is this so?

Edit: the problem i keep on getting is when i boot up and check the system preferences, it says it can't get an ip address. btw, im behind a wireless router (linksys wrt54g) and im using a linksys cable modem (befcmu10)

Edited by LKU1, 21 December 2006 - 05:40 PM.

Cupe

Cupe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sorry, I am using P4P800 Deluxe. But how do you edit info.plist from skge.kext?

the "replacing 0x432011AB with 0x170010B7"

do you do it inside the terminal, in the OS, or in Windows? because I tried the command 'edit', but it isn't a command though

thanks for your help

Edited by Cupe, 16 December 2006 - 06:17 PM.

CypZ

CypZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Good job...Thx

Work fine in 10.4.3 ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy