Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

m.musashi

409 posts in this topic

Hi there,

thanks for the driver! It works nearly perfectly on a Shuttle SD32G5 with Marvell Yokun 8001 and 10.5.1. (KALYWAY)

But I miss the "wake-on-lan" feature. It works for Windows XP but not for Leopard. Is there a way to enable it? In "System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Options" the "Wake for Ethernet network adminstrator access" option is not available.

I searched the forum and used google but haven't found a solution yet.

Thanks

wanky

Another Report of Near Success, and the work around for me using the SKGE-E driver. My household has 4 networked macs (3 Apples and 1 Hackintosh).

Hackintosh is an E2140, Asus Board, onboard lan (Realtek) disabled, and has the Dlink DGE530T PCI card.

Working:

AFP from Hackintosh to any of the Macs

Screensharing from Hackintosh to any of the Macs

Screensharing from any Mac to Hackintosh

File transfers are very fast between systems.

Not Working:

AFP does not connect from Macs to the Hackintosh. Will not even show shared drive.

Successful Workaround. SMB connection does recognize drives on the Hackintosh, so thanks to your driver, I have my new media server on a machine that cost me a total of $390.

Do I have a conflict in one of the my other Kexts that could be causing this problem? I did my install from Kalyway 10.5.1, originally loaded the new Realtek drivers for the onboard Lan, but wanted Gigabit speed since this was going to be used as a media server, and the onboard Lan was not stable.

Performance has been excellent. To put it to the test, I transfered a 2 gig file over the network between the hackintosh, while playing a MP4 movie saved on a computer across the network, while having screensharing open on a second Mac watching the moving playing on the hackintosh. The movie played beautifuly and the file transferred continued to completion in about 10-15 minutes. Only other note about my setup is that I am also using a Dlink Giga Switch and and Airport Extreme Router which also has a Giga switch.

Hi Gergo, I tried to use your suggestions, but kext help keeps telling me, We failed to login as root, check your password. i did not have a root password, so i had to create a master password, and then root password, and restart. Still no change, after i initially installed few mac drivers, like that for sound card, (still not sure if that works) and HD2400 driver. (that works well, but sleep has problem) so after i installed the above 2 drivers, i also instaleld the (restore factory desktop package) i wonder if cos of that the kext helper is now not working.

can you give more guidance on how I can get this driver to work so i can get connection on my system\ or get it to work manually. the instructions are a plenty, but none of them are step by step and i can't put them together as a newbie.

Thanks for your time.

asus p5kc

pci gigabyte ethernt (asus websites says) attansic driver ethernet (http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1694&l1=3&l2=11&l3=534&l4=0)

160gb sata harddisk

hd2400graphic card

panasonic dvdrw sata.

I had the driver working perfectly and then I have done something that is now causing it to fail.

I was browsing the IO device tree (hope i didn't change something)

I installed lspci which failed durring install but the lspci command still works

I took the latest quicktime update

rebooted ( its been a while since I rebooted so it could be something else )

Now durring boot I get an exception from the skge driver.

If I delte the skge.kext dir the box boots fine.

Could I have changed something when browsing the IODeviceTree that could cause this to occur?

Working here with ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM cause the Nforce was problematic.

Thx for the share m8!

I am also using the same board A8N SLI Premium.

I still cannot make this skge.kext working properly.

Had followed all steps... and only had this message:

------

skgeosx::probe(ethernet)

skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>

skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2e ---- M.Musashi ©2007

skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4320 Rev:13

skgeosx: board is Yukon-Lite

skgeosx: registerWithPolicyMaker

skgeosx: board is built-in

skgeosx: setPowerState state 1

skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:13:d4:7e:e5:f9

------

However, the marvell port still not working.. :(

I also tried the 2d version with the same result

Any idea what went wrong?

Now still using Nforce ethernet port with forcedeth-d.kext and cpus=1

Running leopard JAS 10.5.1

Thanks

SPD

I have a asus p4p800e deluxe. I installed the kext file fine using terminal....then i tried the kext helper program or whatever that was. It said everything went fine. When I reboot there is no lights blinking on the nic and there is still no ethernet connections in network settings or whatever....Do i need to do something else to install this?

Yes! You have to manually give an ip to your card first time, after than, when it connects change to dhcp auto.

You should use only kexthelper, no need for terminal.

If the first row doesn't help delete the skge.kext, and reinstall with kexthelper.

Yes! You have to manually give an ip to your card first time, after than, when it connects change to dhcp auto.

You should use only kexthelper, no need for terminal.

If the first row doesn't help delete the skge.kext, and reinstall with kexthelper.

how do i manually give an ip to my card for the first time. I got into network settings and it doesn't even detect an ethernet nic card. How do i do this with kext helper b7? The only options i see are to enter my password and then click run. Theres an output box and a kext permissions, make script, and tag cache rebuild button. I need exact instructions im a noob! thanks.

how do i manually give an ip to my card for the first time. I got into network settings and it doesn't even detect an ethernet nic card. How do i do this with kext helper b7? The only options i see are to enter my password and then click run. Theres an output box and a kext permissions, make script, and tag cache rebuild button. I need exact instructions im a noob! thanks.

If u see no ethernet, than you didn't install it correctly perhaps. Kexthelper: give your password in the correct box, after than drag-drop the skge.kext into the window, click easy install thats all.

Now u should see an ethernet device in system pref./network, click on it, configure:manually, give a correct ip., than apply and it should work already.And can use dhcp.

Gustavuz: We need your chipset number.

Hi.

Sorry for my english errors. I'm an Italian donkey.

I have this Pc:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: ACPI

Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 400 MHz

Processor is AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+

Mother Board: Asus A8V bios version 0219

I have a on board LAN card Marvell Yukon 8001...

And a PCI LAN card RTL8139...

The RTL card is oK. And I use it for internet.

The Yukon don-t see by Leopard.

My version is Leopard AMD 1.0.5.1 Zephyrot.

I try to install in every mode write in this 18 pages of topic, but Leopard don-t see the Card.

I try with:

skge02d

skge02e

skg02e(U)

Leo_skge

Skge_02d_Leo

I try install this kext without and with KEXT Helper. But I still with only RTL LAN card.

Please Help me...

And sorry again for my english errors.

Have a good day.

Bye bye

Thanks a bunch! Revision E driver works on my built-in Marvell 88E8001 on my ASUS P5GZ-MX Running Leopard 10.5.1 kalaway.

Although I had tried several times before I found out that since some PPP connection was enabled on Install I had to go to the network panel and delete that connection first.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, here is a panic msg i get when i loaded the sjge.kext for my 88E8001/8002/8003 Gigabit adapter. Tubgirl 10.4.10 , Says it loads fine with kextload, i did notice it had a second line about dependancies. Wasnt clear as to what.

Regards,

Joedubya

post-188689-1204306598_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i'm new .

I'm just finished to install zephyros on my pc, it's seem work fine. but

I have asus av8 deluxe, and i have installed 0.2e(u) for my ethernet card. I used kexhelper, i make reboot many times but my ethernet card don't work (in diagnostic ethernet card was re i think non card installed or find), Have any suggest?

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda works on my P5b Deluxe-worked fine on brazilmac 10.5 and 10.5.1.

I been getting the same kernel panic as others ever since I switched over to efi.

Tried both the Intel and universal-it works for a while but will kernel panic on reboot

Maybe the problem is related to newer kernels?

Will try again with new 9.2.2 vanilla kernel after the latest Apple update.

Here's the driver I've put together to support the Marvell Yukon 88E8001.

I have one small request. I can't seem to boot without getting an exception when I have a device plugged into a USB port that is not powered on. It is not all devices that cause the exception, I have seen it with a hard drive and DVD drive.

I can get a screenshot of the exception if that will help.

skge:

Version: 0.2.e

Last Modified: 11/17/07 12:24 PM

Get Info String: 0.2.e, Copyright 2007 m.musashi

kext Version: 1.0.0

Load Address: 0x5a7a3000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Integrity: Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

Hi expert,

im just a beginner, i installed Mac 10.5 leopard, my motehrboard is Asus Maximus.

i have Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet, which i need to install the drivers for it. i tried all your listed files + Marvell.Gigabit.pkg, which failed.

kindly advise me.

waiting for your reply asap.