Marvell Yukon 8001 - the driver

m.musashi

409 posts in this topic

hi guys a can't get my yukon marvel to work. i tried replacing skge.kext. tried to modify it to my id: 0x432011AB and nothing.on first reboot it says that permissions are incorect,but i changed owner to system.did repair permissions.nothing. my vendor id is 11AB and dev:4320.

i cant if its 8001 or other:/

below my specs:

hey guys, same case in my hackintosh installation ....

it recognizes that i have made changes to the ionetworkingfamily kext that means inside to the appleyukon.kext, but it didnt work either with me.

any ideas that could help braveskunk and me??

marvell yukon 88E8055

at last:D:D:D i figure it out! easy and painless way.spent whole night on it but finally it's working:) heres my way:

my chip is 88e8053<--only 4 last digits matters.my hex number is 0x432011ab. i found some italian guide how to do it and did in 5 min<god>;p

guide:

1. download skgw.kext from here:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15700&st=0

2. save it somewhere<sorry for my stupid comments but i'm so happy;p

3. unzip it

4. place it for example on desktop

5. open terminal

6. type sudo -s and press enter

7. type your password and press enter

note:

if you unzipped it to your desktop,then type:

8. type: cd desktop and press enter(return key) if somewhere else it's good to know how to navigate thru folders in mac: list files: ls; current folder: pwd; entering folder: cd folder_name; changing to root folder:cd /;

don't place ";" in commands;p

let's move on:

9. mv skge.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns press enter(return key)

10. cd /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns press enter(return key)

11. chmod -R 755 skge.kext press enter(return key)

12. chown -R root:wheel skge.kext press enter(return key)

13. rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext press enter(return key)

14. rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache press enter(return key)

15. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions press enter(return key)

16. reboot

WAIT AND ANJOY YOUR NETWORK CONNECTION:)

thanks to all people who helped me,and specially great thanks to m.musashi for developing working driver:)

i tried to do it by myself but relult was os crash after recieving first packets of data<-- was desperate to get it done...really

hope it will help somebody.if u have any questions,pm me;)

Here the kext is fine too.

But, is it difficult to make a installer for it? I have some friends and all of them have the same mobo that I own, but they aren't so keen in editing plists, kexts and so on. So I could make a installer/pkg to send to them.

yes kext works fine but in my case instead of placing it in Extensions folder i had to place it in Extensions\IOnetworing\contents\plugins\

To install:

open terminal

sudo -s (password)

cp -R (drag and drop the file and remove the / at the end) /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

don't know why but it worked for me:) anyway,thanks musashi:)

guys pliz don't pm me, I won't answer to installation questions

This driver is for yukon 8001, as far as I know it doesn't support 8055 (it should be supported by appleyukon.kext ... try and modify plist with your ids)

myzar: yes I've never implemented the powermanagement as I don't have a laptop with yukon to test it ... and unfortunately I have so much real life work that I can't even read this forum, let alone work on the driver; if towards XMas I'll have some free time then I'll implement powermanagement and a couple of more things

otherwise somebody else could work on it; before I released the source code some ppl were complaining ... now that it's available no one has worked on it!

So what are the things to do ?

I have OSX 10.4.8 (from jas 10.4.8 dvd intel.sse3.only) semthex kernel and it doesnt work

So what are the things to do ?

I have OSX 10.4.8 (from jas 10.4.8 dvd intel.sse3.only) semthex kernel and it doesnt work

same I have, was it a new install or an update?

mine was a new install; I just moved the skge to System/Library/Extensions as usual with "sudo cp -R"

if your updating, then I suggest to try

- copy skge.kext onto the Desktop

- delete skge.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

- delete Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext

- reboot

- copy skge.kext from Desktop to /System/Library/Extensions (remember to use "sudo cp -R")

- reboot or to speed things up from terminal type (sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext)

try and let me know, otherwise I'll download the new xcode and will recompile it to see if it fixes things

oh, if it doesn't work tell me what error message you get, thnks

I am running JaS 10.4.8, and this driver has worked for me using the default SemtheX kernel included on the ISO, as well as the latest kernel updates.

I did not have to put the kext anywhere special, just in /System/Library/Extensions, though I do get a good number of "family specific matching failed" messages when booting with this kext installed, but networking does work.

I think there are two ways to get the skge driver working with new kernel. Either replace the ionetworking kext or recompile the source m.musashi provided.

Attached is the source I recompiled after installing the JaS 10.4.8 reseed ISO and Xcode.

thanks for that im gonna try it now

same I have, was it a new install or an update?

mine was a new install; I just moved the skge to System/Library/Extensions as usual with "sudo cp -R"

if your updating, then I suggest to try

- copy skge.kext onto the Desktop

- delete skge.kext from /System/Library/Extensions

- delete Extensions.kextcache and Extension.mkext

- reboot

- copy skge.kext from Desktop to /System/Library/Extensions (remember to use "sudo cp -R")

- reboot or to speed things up from terminal type (sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/skge.kext)

try and let me know, otherwise I'll download the new xcode and will recompile it to see if it fixes things

oh, if it doesn't work tell me what error message you get, thnks

new install :)

Just tried it with the wwondergod file and nothing =\\

do you get error message in the log? I cannot fix it if I can't replicate the error (as I said it works fine in my 10.4.8) or understand what's going wrong

I did not have to put the kext anywhere special, just in /System/Library/Extensions, though I do get a good number of "family specific matching failed" messages when booting with this kext installed, but networking does work.

family fails is ok, don't worry it doesn't have any impact ... it's just the IOKit trying a device match + the driver is in debug mode

family fails is ok, don't worry it doesn't have any impact ... it's just the IOKit trying a device match + the driver is in debug mode

That is what I thought after doing some research into the subject... thank you for your reply, and thank you for the driver... all my hardware is now fully working thanks to your driver! :)

no it doesn't work

do you get error message in the log? I cannot fix it if I can't replicate the error (as I said it works fine in my 10.4.8) or understand what's going wrong

What log ?

skgeosx::probe(ethernet)

skgeosx::start(ethernet) <1>

skgeosx: SKGE for OSx86 v0.2d ---- M.Musashi ©2006

skgeosx: VendorID:11ab DeviceID:4320 Rev:13

skgeosx: board is Yukon-Lite

ethernet: family specific matching fails

skgeosx: Ethernet address 00:11:2f:b5:e0:1c