PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

this fixed my battery monitor on my dell 1405

sleep still broken though, it acts like it's gonna work, the drive spins up, but it wont resume all the way

anyone working on a fix for that?

This seems to work perfectly on my Compaq nc4200, which didn't used to show a battery icon at all, let alone calculate anything correctly.

My System Profiler also says no battery is present but then correctly reports the other battery data.

I don't know whether DVD Player works as, for some strange reason, it wasn't installed when I installed 10.4.5 but I use VLC so I'm not bothered.

Thank you Keith for your efforts, my laptop already worked pretty well with OSX but I'm chuffed to have a working battery indicator now.

Well I've been following the instructions well, I have a dell 9200, got my 1440x900 res working on a ati 9700 mobility, got my touchpad working, and my wireless working, but this one that seems to be easier than the one mentioned before, just drag and fix permisions, can somebody please tell me what im missing, thanks

Hey Keith,

Is the file on your first post identical to Llamaguy's file on his first post on his thread on the same topic?

If so, llamaguy's patch works great (time left, percentage left) on my Inspiron 6000 EXCEPT the battery meter stats will not change, i.e. it is static and is the statistic is from when the laptop boots. Rebooting it will update the percentage figure to the right level. Any idea on how to get the battery meter patch to constantly update informattion from the battery?

Does your patch correct this error? Cheers

I had this problem on my Inspiron 6000 with the older version of the bundle (llamaguys) but keith's works fine on it. Updates charge % all the time. The only problem is the known breaking of DVD player, but like others I just installed a 3rd party player to take care of that.

James

Hey Keith,

Is the file on your first post identical to Llamaguy's file on his first post on his thread on the same topic?

If so, llamaguy's patch works great (time left, percentage left) on my Inspiron 6000 EXCEPT the battery meter stats will not change, i.e. it is static and is the statistic is from when the laptop boots. Rebooting it will update the percentage figure to the right level. Any idea on how to get the battery meter patch to constantly update informattion from the battery?

Does your patch correct this error? Cheers

I had this problem on my Inspiron 6000 with the older version of the bundle (llamaguys) but keith's works fine on it. Updates charge % all the time. The only problem is the known breaking of DVD player, but like others I just installed a 3rd party player to take care of that.

James

Thanks jseldon for the reply. I hope the bug that breaks DVD playing would be ironed out soon ;) Thanks Keith once again

Hi everybody,

I have a problem wih the PowerManagement bundle. I have installed the bundle and I have (before and after) no battery detection on my ACER Travelmate 4002WLMI. I'm using MAC OS X 10.4.3. Somebody may help me please ? :)

Thanks,

Thanks llamaguy and keithpk for all your work on this.

Any work being done on the HP nc6000 issue reported in this topic?

I have the battery showing, but with an X through it, I do get options for "Better Battery Life" ....etc and they appear to function.

Any way to HardCode the bundle to only look for ONE battery at a specific location?

(sorry if this is a complete N()()B question, I have very little programming experience, which is to say NONE)

Again thanks.

HM

Same here on nc6000, indicator works after replugging the battery. Sleep does not work either btw.

I might have a go at it myself, but I have lots of other things to tinker with first... In any case, thanks for the work so far!

Works like a charm with my HackBook - Toshiba Satellite A50. Only prob is i couldn't just drag and drop the Bundle into the directory, had to copy using command line in Terminal for it to allow my to do it. Battery percentage and time left corresponds to WinXP readings. Awesome work LlamaGuy & keithpk! :D

I'm contemplating to have a go at the nc6000 issue myself, as it appears to be something trivial and I have a bit of experience in fixing trivial Linux/BSD stuff, but as I'm a total n00b when it comes to OSX development what would I need in terms of headers/sources to recompile the pmconfigd?

TIA,

Rick

My computer seen to use a Smart Battery. My battery detection work great in Windows (not a surprise...) and doesn't work now with linux too. Is it working (the hacked power manager) with smart battery. Anybody can use it with this ?

My computer: Acer Travelmate 4002WMLi running 10.4.3

Hi:

Can powermanagement (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) interfe with ACPICPUThrottle? I read that powermanagement uses ACPI control too...

I need the two features: CPU change speed and precise battery metter, and for this I installed both.

Thank you for all.

Greetings.

I don't have a concrete answer for you, but I have both installed and both seem to be working as they are supposed to and not interfering with one another. :)