PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

Not working on my Dell X300.

- It does show a battery icon in the menu bar but with an "X" through it. No Batteries Available.

- Tried reboot, unplugging and plugging in battery, fixing permissions, etc.

- Tried unplugging power adapter.

Any things I can do to help narrow it down or assist in updating the driver?

Great work putting this together! The battery meter works quite well (despite sometimes showing 102% charge...weird), but seems to be dead on when plugged in and not.

Screen will sleep when I set it (15 mins), but if I go to the Apple Menu and select Sleep, or close the lid, it'll go to sleep (pulsing power light and all), but never wake up. Well, not 100% sure of this. When I open the lid, hit the power button... the HD spins up, my DVD drive spins up... like it's coming out of sleep. But the screen stays pitch black.

So, an improvement from before (where I couldn't even access any power management stuff), but still having quirky issues. Is there anything else I can try, to help figure this out?

Thanks again,

-Cupertino

insomina doesnt work on my laptop. i copied to extensions directory and did a sudo chown -R root:wheel Insomnia.kext and than when i try to load the kext it says 8Insomnia is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension Insomnia.kext

load failed for extension Insomnia.kext

thanks!

If you use ATI Radeon Mobility graphics chip, to shut off the LCD screen, you can try RadeonTool:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S4FZKO...0P0DVBYL2BE66K4

It works on my Radeon M 7500.

The original post is here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=14724 Post #12 by JaS.

Bruce

can you please upload radeontool again the link you posted has expired!