2009 Live DVD

spartango

123 posts in this topic

I...can you please explain the point 1 of spartango's guide? ... how to make the disk bootable? Because guide is not explained very well ... (if possible step by step)

Please ;) ...

Ok, I didn't tried it yet but afair in short:

Download and configure 132Boot,

open Toast >CD/DVD >merge image.

Put the Boot132.iso in the top selection and the created Live DVD Image in the second.

Save image, burn.

Ok, I didn't tried it yet but afair in short:

Download and configure 132Boot,

open Toast >CD/DVD >merge image.

Put the Boot132.iso in the top selection and the created Live DVD Image in the second.

Save image, burn.

@Xtraa

I have this problem "Package 0 did'nt on Hpet" (

how can I fix?

I followed to the letter Mobdin's guide for fresh installation and Spartango's guide

Thanks

geminimac

@Xtraa

I have this problem "Package 0 did'nt on Hpet" (

how can I fix?

I followed to the letter Mobdin's guide for fresh installation and Spartango's guide

Thanks

geminimac

Did you remove the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement file out of the extensions folder?

(if not, remove it :D)

Don't worry for english, im not english too :) .....You're right, I care of the driver for distribution "iDeneb", and I don't want to disturb Layne because it is busy with the new release of this distro.... however I know how to make a bootable CD, because my cd boot 132 works fine, but this method does not work .... darwin remains stationary, does not happen nothing ......

I don't know really why does not work ...

[ES]entiendo muy poco español.....[/ES] :D

Sorry for the trouble, however I have patience ... I have not only time in recent days to try, so I asked for the detailed explanation .....

When I have free time i will try the method that I used to create the iso for boot-132 ....and i hope that function....

close here ... and thanks for all.... :rolleyes:

You might be right. But there should be people with similar systems.

Very common are notebooks with Core2Duo, GMA950, HD Audio like many ThinkPads.

Perhaps somebody with an ThinkPad of the 60s series (T60,...) could share his working Live DVD?

So we could try, if it is possible to use a similar installation on different computers.

ToroLoco, I might be wrong, but I think there is no 'working image' of the Live DVD because every Hackintosh is unique.

You need a configuration that works on your Hack. The Live DVD that I build on my Intel Mobo Hackintosh won't run on the Gigabyte Hackintosh that you own.

Perhaps you can look thru the .sigs and find someone who has the same mobo, CPU, video card, etc, that you have, and contact them for guidance.

okay I managed to create a bootable boot-132 live dvd by using "hdiutil" in terminal:

Took all files off the boot-132 cd, and off the working "live os x" thumbdrive, and put them in a folder.

ran this command (change appropriate path names):

hdiutil makehybrid -o liveDVDe.iso /Volumes/Lacie\ 250\ 2/disk\ images/livedvdstuff/liveUSBboot132combo -eltorito-boot /Volumes/Lacie\ 250\ 2/disk\ images/livedvdstuff/liveUSBboot132combo/isolinux.bin   -no-emul-boot -verbose

then I took the image it produced, and burned it to a dvd.

It reached the darwin stage, and i typed in the commands "-f -v -s rp-file:///live.dmg"

It started to boot, but then kernel panicked with this image:

post-122578-1231387427_thumb.jpg

so it seems like the cd version of boot-132 doesnt support imageboot?

maybe?

To clarify, I succeeded in making a "live usb drive" that used imageboot and ramdisk and everything

Works great!

However, I am trying to figure out how to get ISOLINUX to boot on Intel Macs consistently. There seems to be a common problem with a checksum error, that I do not get on my PCs. I can use chameleon's cd boot to load the LiveDVD on Intel Macs, but it would be nice to get boot-132 working.

I was also looking into doing this from a USB drive (so that it works on Intel Macs as well). The problem of course is that EFI on Intel Macs does not boot BIOS style USB drives. The reason I am trying to get this to work on Intel Macs, is because a LiveDVD will always work on those if made right, but LiveDVD for PC is not so dependable. Anyway, there might be a way to use Grub-efi to get the USB to boot and pass the boot process on to chameleon or syslinux and then have a LiveUSB.

Thanks all for trying and testing this method!

Sorry I've been busy, but from the feedback I've got a few little things here:

First, I apologize for not providing the info on how to make a bootable OSX DVD. There are actually a bunch of ways to do it, so I'd rather not introduce them all here. I mentioned boot-132 because that is the basis for every bootloader used in hackintosh systems, not necessarily DFE's version, though that would be nice to have for the modularity of kexts(via initrd). Hecabe's tut is excellent for getting a dvd bootable.

Heh, if you're lazy and have a JaS/Kaly/etc iso that you installed with, you can always just put the DMG and script in that and then burn it. hditutil attach -readwrite xx.iso mounts the iso readwrite so you can copy in what you need. You'll probably need to delete the stuff under /System/Installation to make space...and don't forget the boot.plist. The good bit here is that if the install disk boots on a given system, so will the livedvd. The Kexts and kernel will all be loaded from the DVD rather than the DMG.

Also we can get around the -f option and IOHDIXController modding by: kextcache -n -l

thanks, Dense.

As to the 0x1C errors, i'm not sure what they were, i got them before i got the method working: I got rid of them by rebuilding my image, and increasing the ramdisk size...they're not documented but on a normal boot normally indicate a disk failure. I doubt that's the case here, prob just a bad dmg.

CAUTION: You do need quite a bit of Ram to use this Live DVD> the Ramdisk is 1GB in my script, and that is really the minimum acceptable, unless your happy with bash alone B).

Btw, the LiveDVD definitely works in VMWare Fusion 2.0 and VMware workstation 6x. Sometimes it'll give a stack fault when loading the kernel, but it'll autorestart and be fine after that. That symptom NEVER happens on real HW.

I'd really like to try the PXE boot using pxelinux -> chameleon -> live dvd. That would be really good cause then you could have a non-mac boot server setup and also do network install osx as well for hackintosh.

I am legally bound and cannot release(or point to) a torrent/direct link LiveDVD image. Please don't ask me for one. That said, I think lots of people would appreciate one, so it is possible that one might appear in the near future.

Thanks again!

Question

This live did sounds good and my comp I would like it has 2gigs of ram as opposed to 1 so I should be decent as far as using it if not pretty good. I am curious and maybe this is dumb but this live dvd does boot off the disc correct? Does that mean that once the dvd is removed or pc powered off that anything you do on this mac os on this live dvd is all gone? or does it just save to a directory like an external hd and then open that the next time u use the live dvd. Also could I install iphone SDK with the live dvd and use it without errors? That is all

Hi,

Am I correct in my understanding that this requires that I already have OSX86 installed? Is there a way of using this to install 10.5.6 on a blank drive? I've been trying to use IPC version with PPFs 1 and 2 but still get the 'waiting for boot device' no matter what I do. If this requires a working installed system, then I can't do it because I only have Vista 64 working at this point. Thanks!

You can use a LiveDVD to try OS X before actually using it...

For moast of us it´s good but for the new guys that really could benefit from a thing like this but knows nothing about hackmacs putting together a dvd etc like this would probably be pretty much harder than doing it in one of the usual ways.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totaly agree. If it would be a universal ready bootable ISO for everyone, it would be much more interesting, because you must have this OS to create this LiveDVD. But if you want to TRY it, you have to install it, and only after that you'll be able to try it! :) Fantastic! :)