• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

nickvandub

nickvandub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my friend use voodohda for alc 888 it works great for me!
how can i use acpi patcher in windows?

bulier

bulier

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Thanks a lot for your great work. It's a very cool tool. I used it to make my ALC889A working.
Do we have any plan to make this tool support ATI HD 4870?

Also as a post feedback, I used the CD-ROM fix to replace the first downloaded version, then patch it. But seems when bois loading the SATA device, the CD-ROM is not identified. When go into Leopard, I was unable to eject the CD-ROM. Not sure if it's a know issue. I'm using GA-X58-Extreme with dual BIOS.

alxxx

alxxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How can I find the hardware location of my gfx card?
It's a ATI 3650 AGP (detected as pci) 512MB (ID 9596).

Attached Files

milmacman

milmacman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I've been having a major problem with Betas 4 and 5: both actually delete the dsdt.aml (and when I go to input a dsdt.dsl) file, and then complain that the program cannot find the file.  

Running Windows XP, and near my wits' end to produce a working DSDT for my system. 

sers0

sers0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've been having a major problem with Betas 4 and 5: both actually delete the dsdt.aml (and when I go to input a dsdt.dsl) file, and then complain that the program cannot find the file.

Running Windows XP, and near my wits' end to produce a working DSDT for my system.

Got the same problem on windows xp64.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Got the same problem on windows xp64.

This issue has been reported. There is workaround for this problem. I have not tested the workaround yet but the info I gather from this thread is that you need to rename "dsdt.dsl" to another name, for example "my9420.dsl". Please report back if this workaround working for you.

kizwan

jamonda

jamonda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi. When you say "using this patcher with Gigabyte hardware Dual-BIOS mainboard is risky even if it seems safer", do you mean it is also risky to use the patcher only for generating the DSDT.aml file which I will put in the Extra folder of my Chameleon partition?

Can I safely use the patcher only to create de DSDT.aml file for my GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard?

Thanks.

milkman6453

milkman6453

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i patched a bios for ep45t-ud3lr and i flashed it but it bricked my board.
If you have DualBios on the Bios M connect jumper 4 and 7 the one near the blue dot is 1 on the bottom same side is 4. across from 4 is 5.
connect them together let the system boot, it will shutdown keep them connected then when it starts back up wait 5 seconds you should see post screen, go into qflash and it will repair the damage.
Can anyone make me a bios for
GA-EP45T-UD3lr
i have a q9650
nvidia 9800gt 512mb by evga
i can only think of the dsdt to fix the kernel panic trap

here is a photo of which to connect

http://i49.tinypic.com/2yzen1h.jpg

as you can see i had trouble figuring this out and my jumper 7 was messed up a bit but im fully functional again

mastershredder

mastershredder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
milkman6453 i cant thank you enough for your little but very Very important post i flashed a modified bios on my GA-X48-DS4 and thought it was fish food as it would notpost and the bios beep error was 1 long by itself which according to multiple sources on the internet doesnt exist so i tried your method btw graphics card very very close to the first main bios chip could just get access to the pins very fiddly i would suggest people mangle a fork to do this technique as my first efforts were completely useless but it took many attempts as when i got it to boot it would say warning : Main bios checksum error and then automatically try to reflash and no keyboard keys would respond and it never seemed to actually cure the main bios it would repeat this over and over again i think in the end when i changed the cmos battery it worked first time with the auto reflash and i was overjoyed i had actually at this point emailed gigabyte and was going to start proceedings of a RMA.

Thank you thank you thank you milkman6453 for your very very well written post.

one thing i would like to ask is how exactly did you find this info to short these pins to get the second bios to boot?

Peace Out.

milkman6453

milkman6453

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Honestly i forgot, but what i did was get on Google through my ipod touch searching for what seemed about an hour.
Searching for dualbios brick fix, ep45t brick fix, dualbios corrupt help/fix.
It was very tedious but i enjoyed the experience once i fixed it.

Im glad someone found use in my post :).

Im still looking for a way to make a working DSDT, using this program bricks me.

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Hi,
Sorry for not answering for so many time.
I got a lot of work and cannot work on this project anymore. I'll try to start back the project by 19th, December 2009, but I don't have the source anymore. It will be based on all the improvement made this year, and it will be a Windows program since I don't have hackintosh anymore.
It should be a simplified DSDT editor, with an extended hardware compatiblity.
Please, could you post links to DSDT patches topics made this year ?
Thanks

WinstonAce

WinstonAce

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Welcome back
It's good to see you here again
Take a look at this post
http://www.insanelym...owtopic=188920#
and this one too
http://www.insanelym...owtopic=199194#
also many fixes can be found here
http://www.osx86.es/...ivos/DSDTSE.zip
Good Luck

koalala

koalala

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Thanks.
Finally, it will not be a Windows program but a website with PHP generator and an automatic database (I already own the domain name), so it will be OS independent and access will be easier.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
Indeed welcome back!

I'm sure you could fit in speedstep also
http://www.insanelym...p...=181631&hl=

:(

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Thanks.
Finally, it will not be a Windows program but a website with PHP generator and an automatic database (I already own the domain name), so it will be OS independent and access will be easier.

Check this ones too:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=188920
http://www.projectos...p?showforum=160

milmacman

milmacman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

This issue has been reported. There is workaround for this problem. I have not tested the workaround yet but the info I gather from this thread is that you need to rename "dsdt.dsl" to another name, for example "my9420.dsl". Please report back if this workaround working for you.

kizwan

Sounds like it might work, though I'll note that I've tried doing that, and still no joy. Granted I'm running iDeneb on a nearly 3-year-old machine (and trying hard to save up for a newer machine, if not an actual Mac).

I'll give it another go this weekend if I get the chance.

I can also provide my dsdt.dsl and a DSDT.aml from Ubuntu 8 upon request, if anyone might find that useful.

tahitibub

tahitibub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi everybody,

I tried to use patcher 0.2 beta 5 under windows 7 with the bios firmware of my laptop ASUS K61IC but it seems to loop under cbrom.exe, even for a simple extract.

What's the problem ?

NB : link to download the firmware (laptop / K61 series / K61IC / Windows 7 64 bits)

http://support.asus....SLanguage=fr-fr

dgsga

dgsga

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

..Hello?

Can you help me?

You bet!

Here it is, all mods done just flash it in with ez-flash

Attached Files

milkman6453

milkman6453

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Can someone help me i made one and it bricked heres my infos

System Model: EP45T-UD3LR
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_C9763842&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4079 MB
Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
Shared Memory: 3583 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (120Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: VX2265wm
Monitor Id: VSC7E22
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0011.9539 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9539
DDI Version: 10
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4554-11CF-B17E-7DE91CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0614
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1458A002&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100

Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Device Name: USB Gaming Mouse
Attached: 1
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC049

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB Root Hub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3A35
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
| Service: usbhub

MacManX

MacManX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have a question about the ATI video settings. I'm currently using an nVidia card and everything is working well, but I'm considering getting an ATI card to replace it. I haven't been able to find any information on how to determine the correct Framebuffer or DevID settings. The first post says to use lspci, but I'm not really sure what that means (I get "command not found" if I type lspci into Terminal). And where do I find the correct framebuffer?

Sorry for the newbie questions. Other than that, it's a very useful app and I appreciate it :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy