ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel): now having a working front mic

VCH888

1,156 posts in this topic

I'm another 662 user trying to get HDMI audio working. I'm using an Acer Aspire Revo r3610. I've attached my current DSDT.aml. It's being used with a kext called ALC662.kext which I believe was originally made for one of the Zotac machines. My current setup shows an extra input and output but works just fine otherwise. I tried adding the relevant parts to my DSDT but no luck. My device id is 0007 as someone else with a 662 also mentioned. Any help with this would be brilliant, thanks.

Marc

Hey tmongkol,

I posted this a few pages back. Is there any chance you could take a look at it and point me in the right direction please? I've tried injecting the relevant dsdt sections and using the AppleHDA from 10.6.2-10.6.4 with no luck.

Thanks,

Marc

Hey tmongkol,

I posted this a few pages back. Is there any chance you could take a look at it and point me in the right direction please? I've tried injecting the relevant dsdt sections and using the AppleHDA from 10.6.2-10.6.4 with no luck.

Thanks,

Marc

You need to get DSDT and add some lines into your DSDT and you should patch AppleHDA bin for your ALC662 in stead of using legacy kext. I don't think you will get HDMI audio although there is 0x10DE0007 in AppleHDA. It's not easy to get it working properly because it depends on AppleHDA, AV Receiver, LCD/Plasma TV, HDMI devices and so on.

P.S. I read one thread about HDMI audio issue. He/she has Mac book pro (mid 2010). He/she tried to connect to his/her LCD TV at home but HDMI audio didn't come out. So, he/she went to local Apple store and tested it and then HDMI audio's working fine with the same cable and moshi MDP2HDMI.

Hi all and thanks to the guys contributing to make this work.

Yesterday, finally, i was able to install and boot my new 10.6 SL.

But i can't get the audio (and the graphic card) working.

I'm using the dsdt patching way without any audiokext.

I would understand if i got to edit my dsdt (HDEF device section), using the method explained in this guide: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465 (zhell's script for codec dump, then get the codec verbs from it and fix them for OS X) or if i got to use the same values you posted(I don't think so because this way is not working).

I got this doubt because the guide use the Patch AppleHDA way, i'd like to use the dsdt fixing way instead.

A little OT:

I used patcher2.0 to patch the dsdt but, as i said before, my video card too isn't fully recognized. The system profiler recognize an nvidia card but with only 32mb and 1280x1024 as the only resolution i can use. (I got a 9800gt with 1024Mb and i used ioregistryexplorer, on my 10.5.6 working sys, to find vcard informations)

I attach the dsdt i'm using atm on my 10.6 system (no audio/bad video card recognized)

Thanks again

Daniel

Thank you man!! this was my missing part, now I have sound output on the green connector instead of the black one and looks like my outputs are properly enumerated in my syspref. Here is the code I'm using in my dsdt.aml file:CODEDevice (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (Package (0x02)

{

0x0D,

0x05

})

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

/**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)

{

0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x10)

{

"Realtek ALC889a"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (0x01)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)[/code]

Thanks again for your investigation!! :rolleyes:

workin106_dsdt.zip

Using these lines:

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0D, 
					0x05
				})
			}
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero)
						{}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

Add LegacyHDA.kext for ALC885/889a into /Extra/Extensions

Get "boot" from this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

Edit your com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Hi Tmongkol and, once more, thank for your quick reply.

Ohh I got to use anyway the LegacyHDA.kext with dsdt audio injection??? O.M.G., I didn't realize that. :hysterical::tomato:

(P.s. I use analog pin connection for my 5.1 logi z5500, no digital cables used atm.)

EDIT: I downloaded the series of legacyHDA, giving a look at the readme in \Series of LegacyHDA\series of LegacyHDA 889 (ALC889a). it instructs to edit the kexts' info.plist in this way:

You can copy from this item and paste into info.plist of AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext (for L & SL) Layouts & PathMaps

But in the zip file there's not the AppleHDA.kext, there's only the HDAEnabler.kext.

Have I to copy AppleHDA.kext too in my /E directory?? Or can i use HDAEnabler.kext? Both?

Or noone of them?

I attached a screenshot with my Chameleon partition content.

I thought dsdt audio injection was fully without using kext. I really didn't understand nothing 'bout this stuffs :blink:

Actually, in my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Volume/Chameleon /Extra I have:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	  <string>1680x1050x32</string>
	  <key>Kernel</key>
	  <string>mach_kernel</string>
	  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
	  <string>arch=i386</string>
		  <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
		  <string>yes</string>
		  <key>Timeout</key>
	  <string>5</string>

But, as i said, no goal with vcard! :(

Do you think is safe to install this cham package on my working chameleon partition?

I read it dosen't modify the smbios.plist, DSDT.aml or any SSDT Tables so I think it is...

Or you think is better to redo all from beginning?

Again, many thanks for your attention and all your suggestions.

Daniel

EDIT: I tryed to modify the dsdt.dsl adding the code for the sound card, but i can't compile it because it gives 73 errors and iaslme stops (can be because i paste it?? Need to write it manually? I'm going to retry.

Still 73 errors and no compiling...Noway i handle this :( I attacch dsdt modifyed... just in case some ideas come.

post-423189-1284043136_thumb.jpg

try_if_WORK_dsdt.zip

Edited by komodo_1

:) Wooooa!! Thaanks!! :)

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 2 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 31 Optimizations :dance_24:

I'm courious... Did you understand what was i missing??

As I'll be back at home from work, I'll check the pins used by my 5.1 to select between 3out2ins or 4out2ins and i'll test this solution.

Now i need to solve only the vcard troubles.

Thank you guys, really!!

I'll let you know the result of audio configuration asap.

Later

@ komodo_1

try this workin106_dsdt.dsl.zip

You just add LegacyHDA.kext into /E/E and don't need HDAEnabler.kext.

Hi all.

Last News:

I'v made the setup of iFabio's Chameleon Boot Package (Link) and copyed the legacyhda.kext from "series of LegacyHDA 889 (ALC889a)" directory in /E/E.

At reboot system was ok, but still no sound card recognized.

So I started with 10.5 system and copyed the kext LegacyHDA 885 (ALC889a) in /E/E.

I went once agin in 10.6 and saw in sys profile that the nvidia card was fully recognized (thanks to last Cham boot and GraphicsEnabler=yes?) so BEFORE TO CHECK AUDIO :):) i switched to 1680x1050 resolution...and the monitor went azure.

I tryed booting once with -x and once with GraphicsMode=1024x768x32, but noway.

The -x option didn't boot at all. All i had has been a dark grey screen.

With GraphicsMode option, during the boot, the resolution was 1024x768x32 and i saw the green apple screen and the apple in the center, but at sys startup (I think was at that stage) all azure again.

Prolly the boot options works only during boot!?!?! :o

EDIT:

I solved all. 885 (889a) LegacyHDA.kext working fine. now i would try aggregate device to manage the 5.1 but the "Configure speakers" button in Audio MIDI Setup app is grey and I can't manage it.

UPDATE: I switched to 4out2ins kext and now add aggregate device and configure speakers are working. i got to get back at home to test if they make really any sound. I'm in remote control atm.

OT: Just if someone will need to know this:Videocard troubles solved too. I had in com.apple.Boot.plist 1680x1050, now i'm using

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
 <string>1280x1024x32</string>

and all is woring fine. I got my video at 1680x1050.

LAST UPDATE:

I'm using legacyHDA.kext 4out2insRH.

In midi setup i can now aggregate channel for my 5.1, but only 4 speakers works when i click to test them, sub&center aren't still working.

Once again, any help'll be appreciated

Wonna thanks you all for your effort (and kick me for my noobness)!!

Dan

Sorry, but i need to add one more post.

I made the 1.6.4 combo update in this way (Link).

All working but Audio, again!! :(

Followng the guide I had to change AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E, could this be the reason??

I tryed all legacyhda from 885 and 889 legacy directory (4+2 and 3+2) but still nothing.

No audio card recognized.

Do I need to edit again dsdt, or to get a new AppleHDA for 10.6.4 that dosen't break the audio card?

Sorry for boring you with my troubles but I'm going crazy.

Every good step I do with your help... I do a lot of steps wrong :(

Cheers,

D.

EDIT: I added HDAenebler in /S/L/E and I'm using in /S/L/E the 10.6.0 working AppleHDA.kext, LegacyHDA still in /E/E. At least i can get audio from 2 speakers now.

In Sys prefrences, sounds, i got in output tab :

External microfon as built-in output (no pin working to get sound from this);

Output as built-in output, the only working on black pin

Digital output as digital built-in output, no digital cable to test it with :(

SOLVED - EDIT:

All is working. Looks like i solved audio troubles.

For someone who could need this info:

I deleted HDAenabler.kext from /S/E/E

I downloaded AppleHDA from this post (Link) and placed in /S/L/E

Using LegacyHDA in /E/E

Repaired owner&permissions on SL's disk

Rebooted

Once more, thank you all for your help. My first self-OSX86-installation working great!!!

Edited by komodo_1

You need to get DSDT and add some lines into your DSDT and you should patch AppleHDA bin for your ALC662 in stead of using legacy kext. I don't think you will get HDMI audio although there is 0x10DE0007 in AppleHDA. It's not easy to get it working properly because it depends on AppleHDA, AV Receiver, LCD/Plasma TV, HDMI devices and so on.

P.S. I read one thread about HDMI audio issue. He/she has Mac book pro (mid 2010). He/she tried to connect to his/her LCD TV at home but HDMI audio didn't come out. So, he/she went to local Apple store and tested it and then HDMI audio's working fine with the same cable and moshi MDP2HDMI.

Thanks for getting back to me. I patched the DSDT and used the 662 kext in the opening post. It's a shame it might not work, I'd like to try everything possible though before I give up. Are there any logs or anything I can post here to give you a better idea of what's going on?

Thanks

hello,

i installed osx 10.6.4 using TonyMac's [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Universal on a GB EP45T-UD3R board with the alc 889a soundcard (use HD audio).

i got my graphic card recognized after installing NVenabler and sleep working with Sleepenabler .

for sound i use two kexts; AppleHDA & HDAEnabler,,

the sound is present as working in system preferences pane, but no sound,,,

(got 3 choices in pref's pane; external microphone, line out, digital line out)

anybody encountered this problem, or knowns how to fix this ?

>i not very tech savvy, so kext method seems simplest ?

thank you,

Hi

Try to give a look to what i wrote at the end of my last post after "SOLVED EDIT" (Link)

Salut

hello,

thank you for your advice.

SOLVED - EDIT:

All is working. Looks like i solved audio troubles.

For someone who could need this info:

I deleted HDAenabler.kext from /S/E/E

I downloaded AppleHDA from this post (Link) and placed in /S/E/E

Using LegacyHDA in /E/E

Repaired owner&permissions on SL's disk

Rebooted

have not been able to get the LegacyHDA kext yet, not sure what is a good version for 889A & 10.6.4,,,,,

if you are using 10.6.4, where did you get your LegacyHDA ?

also, when you state /S/E/E, this would be 'System/Library/Extensions' or am i missing something ?

as a non-savvy pc/linux guy, i also have a lot of warnings when i copy& delete the AppleHDA kext from the systems extension folder,,,

any advice for these operations without using the terminal ?

thanks,

>oh, and as my board is a EP45T-UD3R, there are dstl files for these boards to dl, but with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] method i chose to go with dstl automatic generation. maybe i should try to use a specific dstl file instead??

Hi.

Yes i mean /S/L/E.

Use kext helper to manage kexts

i attach my legacy. i found in first post of this topic.

Sorry, but i'm not so expertized with dsdt. Maybe better to ask around to someone else.

Let me know if it works

Cheers

hello,

thank you for your advice.

have not been able to get the LegacyHDA kext yet, not sure what is a good version for 889A & 10.6.4,,,,,

if you are using 10.6.4, where did you get your LegacyHDA ?

also, when you state /S/E/E, this would be 'System/Library/Extensions' or am i missing something ?

as a non-savvy pc/linux guy, i also have a lot of warnings when i copy& delete the AppleHDA kext from the systems extension folder,,,

any advice for these operations without using the terminal ?

thanks,

>oh, and as my board is a EP45T-UD3R, there are dstl files for these boards to dl, but with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] method i chose to go with dstl automatic generation. maybe i should try to use a specific dstl file instead??

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Steps I took on Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G running 10.6.4 ALC888 to get sound working. Only verified that speaker (green) output is working, nothing else verified. Also the base for this system (as of today while I'm working on DSDT) is iAtkos s3 version 2.

Replace in System/Library/Extensions AppleHDA.kext with the hacked version from AppleHDA_1.8.7.f1_ALC888_LayoutID_888 (using kext utility)

Move HDAEnabler.kext (also from 1.7.7.f1) and LegacyHDA.kext to the Extra folder (using kext utility) *the version of LegacyHDA.kext was in the folder "3outs2ins regular headphone" under the "series of LegacyHDA 888 (ALC888) folder

These are the steps that I took and I hope it may help someone out. I just took the plunge! Basically I started by replacing AppleHDA with the bin edited copy that I downloaded. Then I restarted the computer and there was no KP so I figured I was okay there. Next I tried adding the LegacyHDA and HDAEnabler into the Extra folder. I happened to get lucky and just basically guess that I needed the particular LegacyHDA that I used but I'm not complaining! Thanks to all the original guys you guys are amazing.

Let me know if it works

Hello,

thank you so much for your help and making the legacyHDA available!

unfortunately, my machine still has no sound, and i guess this is because i have a 889A chip.

and the Kext Helper is a great little application !

thanks, i'll post when i succeed with the 889A on my GB EP45T board !

andreas

Andreas,

i got the 889a chip as well.

Are you using this AppleHDA kext (Link)?

Try differents LegacyHDA from the 1st post of this thread

Remember to repair permissions every time you change a kext.

Wish you'll solve asap.

Cheers

Hello,

thank you so much for your help and making the legacyHDA available!

unfortunately, my machine still has no sound, and i guess this is because i have a 889A chip.

and the Kext Helper is a great little application !

thanks, i'll post when i succeed with the 889A on my GB EP45T board !

andreas

This is how I made HDMI audio working for my Nvidia GT240.

I'm hoping I can get some help, I can hex edit the AppleHDA file, but I'm not sure how to modify my DSDT file, I only have 1 PCI slot (0) so my DSDT does not have that section (PEGP). I have never modified my DSDT manually and would like someone to take a look and help me get this sorted out.

I currently have Digital Audio (Optical Toslink) working via the onboard ALC888 via (AppleHDA-184.4.3), but I really want to use my Nvidia's HDMI for audio instead.

I will attach my files, please take a look and let me know what I need to do? Do I need to remove or just add to my dsdt? Where do I add it? maybe show me an example. My video card is not hard coded into dsdt and it looks like i will need to add it. I hope this is not too much to ask. If you need any additional information, just let me know.

Thanks!

My Setup: = Zotac H55-ITX-C-E & Nvidia GT 240 512MB (GDDR5)

This is currently attached to a Vizio via HDMI

Attachment = ioregistry, lspci, dsdt.dsl, kernel.log, com.apple.Boot

My DSDT PCI0

Device (PCI0)
	 {
		 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
		 Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
		 Name (_ADR, Zero)
		 Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Return (Zero)
		 }

Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Return (BN00 ())
		 }

Name (_UID, Zero)
		 Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 If (PICM)
			 {
				 Return (AR00)
			 }

Return (PR00)
		 }

DSDT - GFX0

Device (GFX0)
	 {
		 Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
		 OperationRegion (IGDM, SystemMemory, 0xBD78E0E4, 0x2000)
		 Field (IGDM, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
		 {
			 SIGN,   128, 
			 SIZE,   32,

Zotac.zip

Hi all,

is it possible to get HDMI audio on a hp mini 311 netbook

The following is from Voodoo codec dump

HDA Codec #3: NVidia MCP7A HDMI

HDA Codec ID: 0x10de0007

Vendor: 0x10de

Device: 0x0007

Revision: 0x01

Stepping: 0x00

PCI Subvendor: 0x3651103c

Hi all

Struggling to get sound working.

I have vanilla 10.6.4 running on Gigabyte G33M DS2R which has 889a. I have tried every combination of kexts, dsdt edits etc and can never get sound card to show in pref panel.

Got my dsdt from my linux install and bios is latest f9a

First up I have edited DSDT device section as below (and changed all azal > hdef) as suggested in this thread

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
			{
				Store (Package (0x04)
					{
						"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()
		{
			IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
				{3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,14,15}
		})
		Name (BUFB, ResourceTemplate ()
		{
			IRQ (Level, ActiveLow, Shared, )
				{}
		})
		CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)
		Device (LNKA)
		{
			Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0F"))
			Name (_UID, One)
			Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				And (PIRA, 0x80, Local0)
				If (LEqual (Local0, 0x80))
				{
					Return (0x09)
				}
				Else
				{
					Return (0x0B)
				}
			}

Method (_PRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (BUFA)
			}

Method (_DIS, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Or (PIRA, 0x80, PIRA)
			}

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				And (PIRA, 0x0F, Local0)
				ShiftLeft (One, Local0, IRQV)
				Return (BUFB)
			}

Method (_SRS, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				CreateWordField (Arg0, One, IRQ1)
				FindSetRightBit (IRQ1, Local0)
				Decrement (Local0)
				Store (Local0, PIRA)
			}
		}

I have Legacy889aHDA.kext from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] in E/E and have stock AppleHDA in S/L/E as this thread suggests 10.6.4 works unpatched with 889a.

Logs show the following errors.

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1666 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1666 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit

I have tried pretty much every AppleHDA.kext & LegacyHDA.kext I can find on the hundreds of threads out there but STILL can't get any audio to show up.

System profiler show Intel High Def Audio with Audio ID: 12

Any help greatly appreciated while I still have some hair left as this is the only thing not working now (well, and sleep, but I haven't started on that yet!).

Thanks

A

Any help greatly appreciated while I still have some hair left as this is the only thing not working now (well, and sleep, but I haven't started on that yet!).

Thanks

A

Hi 'woZa'

try this kext in /S/L/E

with DSDT code below:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

{
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }, 

"codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "ALC889a"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

Hi 'woZa'

try this kext in /S/L/E

with DSDT code below:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }

{
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }, 

"codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "ALC889a"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

Hi swavek...

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much. Wish I had posted a few days ago and saved myself all the aggro!

I've not tested everything but am getting sound from the green output on the rear so I am happy for now.

Once again, thanks...

A

Hi swavek...

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much. Wish I had posted a few days ago and saved myself all the aggro!

I've not tested everything but am getting sound from the green output on the rear so I am happy for now.

Once again, thanks...

A

you're very welcome

asus p5q/q6600/saphire 5770 vapor x 1Gb/ alc1200

sound works, but I have this in kernel log:

Oct 7 00:39:26 Mac-Pro-Tirskih-Aleksej kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 3794 goto handler

Oct 7 00:39:26 Mac-Pro-Tirskih-Aleksej kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 1099 goto handler

Please help me to fix it

1.tiff

Hi friends...

does anyone have 889a Sound gettin 2 work an a Gigabyte AMD based board ???

I ve been reading for many month now but i cant find a solution for my problem...

Now after a few month with using USB Audio device i tried to get my onboard sound running... 

but it doesnt seem to work... i tried to install all kexts from page 1 of this thread (only those for 889a) but still got no sound... 

Need Help...

JB