HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

He haven't native speedstep activated because he not using the last legacy (I posted recently) for 10.6.5... Which is named Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_1065 instead old MB31 (ioreg capture)... so, Also need update the AppleACPIThermal.kext for prevent dependencies errors unloading/loading from SleepWatcher.

EDITED: Was a problem with DSDT he using, see next posts.

Actualy I'm uisng the last modification of Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook32_1065 from here but, I havenot removed the old one Legacy_SpeedStep_MacBook31.

Can you check again now.

Thank you guys.

P.S. Core2duo 1.6

No, is not loaded. I assume you deleted the old speedstep kext but, did you refresh the kext cache (Run kext utility once) as well?

It needs to look something like this:

post-51637-1290975351_thumb.png

(use IORegistryExplorer to check)

ONLY POSSIBLE CAUSE: You need REBUILT THE CACHE EXTENSIONS.MKEXT ON /EXTRA. I almost sure you forget it.

Please see Notes HERE how to do that, or as BlackCH said run it Kextutility 2.4.2 once. This is a Basic Thing my Friend.

EDITED: Please sorry, the other possible cause, the problem was the DSDT he using, see the next posts.

Now is definitely something wrong. It seems that I will reinstall whole thing tonight again. Temp with some flash running comes around 60C.

And Yes juanerson I'm rebuilding cash every time i'm changing E/E folder.

Blackch, can you check my ioreg for the last time , just to save me some hours of reinstaling OSX

I miss chat on insanelymac forums...

Saso___s_MacBook.zip

NO, I don't think is loaded. You don't need reinstall all again... come on! But definitely your are doing something wrong. You see anything boot warning message starting win -v? Or trying force your main cache with -x -f... thinking your cache is corrupted or malformed.

BTW, Attached your DSDT.aml ready for native AirPort, I mean fake 4318 injected. Obviously need "VANILLA" or "factory" IO80211Family.kext driver! Good Luck, and please report back, with new .ioreg capture. Cheers.

EDTED: Attached in the next post.

After reverting back id from 4315 to 4318 (which is originally value) and repairing permissions (which is necessary) I'm sending this post with the new (juanersons) dsdt and fully working airport third party card (as recognized by OSX).

Cool. Very cool.

Thank you juanerson.

Blackch

The temp now is around 50. I forgot if it was normal temp for Core2duo. Is it?

Sorry Please, the problem confirmed is with de dsdt "dsdt_v0.09_generic". Im booting and not working Speedstep here. Please Im testing now, and in two mins I send to you corrected the Processor section.

EDITED: DONE! Now Speedstep its working again. Please use the attached one. And Please after restart upload your New IOREG file for check. P.D. Now Im "InsanelyMac Sage" jejeje.

smilenkovski_DSDT_fake_4318_AirPort_dsdt_v0.09_generic_CORRECTED_for_Speedstep.zip

Is somebody succesfully using new fakesmc with monitoring on HP laptops?

I'm using it on my desktop with Cartri bios and it is OK. But I'm suspecting that it gives me lower temps than real...

OK. Now. Speedstep is working, I've checked with coolbook controler (coolbook do that for free). On coolbook the temp info shows me 47 C and Istat stays at 50-51. Can somebody confirm the "normal" temp for this laptop?

To Dear InsanelyMac Sage

ToSageMaisterjuanerson.zip

Is somebody succesfully using new fakesmc with monitoring on HP laptops?

Im using it. Only CPU and GPU temps can be monitored with iStat. You need to adjust the tmax value to get acurated readings

@juanerson, cual es el error que encontraste en el dsdt?

@juanerson, cual es el error que encontraste en el dsdt?

PCT y PSD adicionales en la sección del Procesador. Por cierto, te llegó mi correo con el DSDT que estaba usando? Ahora te voy a enviar el que tengo puesto, ya no puedo reducirlo más... pero va excelente.

PCT y PSD adicionales en la sección del Procesador

Ah, Si no hay PSS adicionales tambien hay que quitar PCT y PSD, para que cargue el ssdt. Yo supuse que a esta altura cada usuario insertaria sus pstates en el DSDT (en la parte que esta comentada)...y bueh

Si, recibi tu dsdt pero aun no lo he instalado...lo hare esta semana

OK. Now. Speedstep is working, I've checked with coolbook controler (coolbook do that for free). On coolbook the temp info shows me 47 C and Istat stays at 50-51. Can somebody confirm the "normal" temp for this laptop?

GREAT! Now you are Airport Safe "in theory" for the next Updates jejeje, because I think 4315 and 4318 [AirForce One 54g] are the same sh%$/& technically speaking... so you can verify in IOREG ARPT@0 -- AirPort_Brcm43xx -- To right side -- IONameMatched -- pci14e4,4318 (String)... which is the key value, perfectly faked by DSDT injection, and matched by OS X.

Also, I can see our CPUs are almost identically loading factory P-states (PSS) from DSDT, because in the capture attached you can compare the PerformanceStateArray Values are very very closers.

IOREG_CPU_PSS_Comparison.jpg

Therefore, considering that point I can tell you those temperatures are perfectly normals, but i have the same with coolbook 2.20 and Istat Pro widget, between 45-50. But using my own "customized info.plist" fakesmc (original)... not the slice or different variants around forums. I don't like any other version of fakesmc, just the Netkas one. BTW, I almost sure that change for you in the next system cold boot tomorrow. So, don't worry about it.

Note: I think its very important not make conclusions before do a cold boot, especially after implement a new DSDT.

Hi, Is not normal the behavior are you describing. So, please pay attention:

1) You have speedstep for sure, see ioreg CPUPLimit 0x0. You don't need CB to check, the right way is IORegistryExplorer.

2) You are loading FACTORY values for sure again, PSS and CST are from your own CPU. Because the dsdt not have "custom code". I don't know why are you thinking about custom values or something whitout the "necesary" code for that. So, please remember my cpu is not your cpu and viceversa. Thats why both CPUs sections are almost identical, BUT NOT.

3) What about AppleACPIThermal.kext (fan control, only 32Bit) from /E/E. Are you using the 10.6.5 version I uploaded?

4) Just for record, the only extensions loaded or installed from /S/L/E are: VoodooHDA (sound) and Intel82566MM (ethernet). The rest goes to /Extra/Extensions, and rebuilding Cache.

Other possible cause, The fakesmc are you using? Because Im using the netkas one. BUT its important to know which model is your CPU? Because we need to know his Tjmax, mine is 64 hexadecimal (100 C), but maybe yours is other value, and thats can to explain the reported bad temperatures... Please I need that information to help you. As BlackCH said you, the fakesmc need to be adjust that value, for example in the netkas extension (info.plist):

tjmax

100 is the most used value... but in IOREG (FakeSMC) appear 0x64 (hex)

Note: BUT, slice variant or mozodojo variant are a little bit different, but important. And from my experience its very problematic in laptops... because need the right plugins, and adjustments to work properly with mobile CPUs.