GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Wow. I didn't realize my gfx card would be this much trouble. 28 pages and still no solution? I'm not putting you guys down; I'm thankful for any progress. Definitely subscribing to this thread. I just wanted to join and tel you guys good luck.

We are doing what we can!

If you want Leopard running smoothly QE/CI and All resolutions By a MacBook like mine!!!!

post-322527-1249671637_thumb.jpg

Arggh. I need some help from someone who's done 2-machine debugging on hacks.

I've tried many different ways, and I can't get the debugger on the host machine to attach to the panic'ed kernel on the target machine.

If anyone knows how to do it, or knows someone who does, PM me.

We are doing what we can!

If you want Leopard running smoothly QE/CI and All resolutions By a MacBook like mine!!!!

I would LOVE to have a Mac like that. I just don't have the funds for it. I already owe the college I'm going to $3k a semester. I can't go out and buy a MBP right now. Whenever I get out of college and get a steady job, heck yeah I'm gonna get a Mac Pro. I don't like how the iMacs are set up, and I've never been a laptop kind of guy.

I love Mac, but i need windows too...so, i have SONY VAIO, and triboot <><><>Awesome...

The spirit of this, is: when we get the drivers, we have working the bests programs on the best hardwares, like Pc's "non real mac"...and you still have only Mac, very very expensive...

Well, is not about money, just adventure, just look a thing running on "hachintosh PC"...

We get the bit...

post-411738-1249697496_thumb.jpg

post-411738-1249697608_thumb.jpg

I would like to suggest trying command line options:

"Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" (or similar)

"Graphics Mode"= Tells the system what resolution width, height, color depth & refresh rate to boot the OS with.

Ex: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH

If that doesn't work then you might want to try and modify the kext. These solutions worked for me on another system and card a while back

I really would like to now if this works since a motherboard I am looking at has this onboard.

Where should i enter these codes??

Some setbacks. 10.5.7 was panicing often. I traced it down to VoodooHDA, so now working without sound. But I still have to resolve the Windows 7 situation. Vista boots okay, but 7 is hosed. So although I was hoping to setup the debug kernel today that won't happen. I have to get Win 7 back up, first (first, do no harm...).

Then I need to concentrate on things that bring in $. So I may get to debugging by the end of the week. I am providing updates so you know that I haven't forgotten all of you. :)

-u

For those wanting to write their own driver kexts, this recently posted:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1221376

Patrick

To do that, just modify com.apple.Boot.plist adding:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32@60</string>

Or wherever your resolution is...

See ya! ^_^

It doesn't work, i think i should doing a little hack with grub2 again *sigh*

Been on vacation. Should be back to looking at this next week.

BTW, everyone should cross their fingers that Apple will release a tablet. Although specs are only a guess, if Apple doesn't use ARM as the chip, and goes with a core 2 duo, then likely the graphics chip will be a 4500MHD...

Been on vacation. Should be back to looking at this next week.

BTW, everyone should cross their fingers that Apple will release a tablet. Although specs are only a guess, if Apple doesn't use ARM as the chip, and goes with a core 2 duo, then likely the graphics chip will be a 4500MHD...

great news!!

hi everyone, is there any news for the people who have really odd display sizes like mine? (1366x768)

i tried the most recent Chameleon method, but to no avail. my chipset doesnt ever support 1280x800 :/

just wondering what up

-Dan

That isn't an odd display size. That's the standard 16:9 720p resolution now days. And yes, I've had mine working for at least a month now with that resolution. There's a tutorial in the tutorial section I think. I think the patch is called patch4500 or something similar. Doesn't fix QE/CI though. It's even in this thread somewhere around the middle.

I think the Pic here( the leaked pic of a itablet)..

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/15/apple-t...we-can-feel-it/

looks like it wll be running an Iphone OS rather than snow leopard,even though it shows a leopard screen.. :thumbsup_anim: It would be an ARM more often...

Guyz have u been here..???

http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-105/

There is so many open source drivers available... could some one look into it and hard code somethin for X4500???

I think the Pic here( the leaked pic of a itablet)..

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/15/apple-t...we-can-feel-it/

looks like it wll be running an Iphone OS rather than snow leopard,even though it shows a leopard screen.. :) It would be an ARM more often...

Guyz have u been here..???

http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-105/

There is so many open source drivers available... could some one look into it and hard code somethin for X4500???

I think it's maybe very difficult to see which tabled pic is right. There's a lot of them that showed up lately, but actually, I think none of them look like the real deal. It might be an ARM, it might be an intel, we don't know. So yeah, why not hope it's an intel with GMAX4500? :D

As for the open source drivers: there are a lot of drivers indeed, but the difficulty is that apple doesn't open source their graphics drivers. So it would be very intensive for somebody to write a new driver, that supports QE/CI, starting from nothing.

Thus we are trying an easier way, namely, just reusing the drivers apple gives. The only problem is that the only guy who actually knows about coding and so on (coldequation), is stuck at his two-machine debugging, with wich I'm unable to help him :S

Guys,

No matter what distro of leopard you have, to enable full res without cursor issue, Install chameleon rc2, and then OSX86 Tools, add Efi String, type in "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz" or whatever resolution your monitor is. Reboot, and find out that you have full resolution,

Good Luck. Worked like a charm for me.

Guys,

No matter what distro of leopard you have, to enable full res without cursor issue, Install chameleon rc2, and then OSX86 Tools, add Efi String, type in "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz" or whatever resolution your monitor is. Reboot, and find out that you have full resolution,

Good Luck. Worked like a charm for me.

Hi,

I already installed Chamellion rc2 and i already add efi string to "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32@60Hz".. but i dont have stretched resolution..

Can someone help me with this.. thanks

Do the command you did in verbose mode that will work. i forgot to put that in my post.

Good Luck,

abkratch

Hi sir,

ive tried using alt + v for entering on the verbose but i dont have luck..

How can i enter into verbose mode sir?

Thanks

QUOTE (abkratch @ Aug 23 2009, 05:40 PM) post_snapback.gifDo the command you did in verbose mode that will work. i forgot to put that in my post.

Good Luck,

abkratch

Hi sir,

ive tried using alt + v for entering on the verbose but i dont have luck..

How can i enter into verbose mode sir?

Thanks

To enter verbose mode in chameleon RC2, select the OSX partition using left or right arrow keys and just press the down arrow.. and press Enter Key. THere will be option for Boot in Verbose Mode.

Or You can select the OSX partition and just type -v on the keyboard and press enter Key. :)

To enter verbose mode in chameleon RC2, select the OSX partition using left or right arrow keys and just press the down arrow.. and press Enter Key. THere will be option for Boot in Verbose Mode.

Or You can select the OSX partition and just type -v on the keyboard and press enter Key. :)

Do the command you did in verbose mode that will work. i forgot to put that in my post.

Good Luck,

abkratch

ive tried booting in verbose but i dont know where to put the codes. coz its continous loading after that it went to the mac screen.

how can i enter the codes in verbose>?

ive tried booting in verbose but i dont know where to put the codes. coz its continous loading after that it went to the mac screen.

how can i enter the codes in verbose>?

The codes he suggested would have to be entered in the /Library/Preferences/SystemPreferences/com.apple.Boot.plist.

If you search the forums you can find tons of tutorials on how to edit this file :)

Please remember, in order for the fix you are trying to use to work, you need to use Chameleon 2 RC2. You can find it over at chameleon.osx86.hu .