• Please log in to reply
1614 replies to this topic

mnelson

mnelson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

2a40 is a bridge memory controller. 2a42 is your GMA 4500MHD graphics core. 2a43 should be the chipset (probably GM45)

You need to rerun your lspci and post it. It doesn't have all the info. Run it with the following:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci.txt

Thanks.

I have the same result for GMA 4500MHD Three different numbers -- 2a40, 2a42, 2a43

My lspci -vvxxx is attached

Attached Files

nomi81

nomi81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Some questions:
have you tried after you`ve got the black screen rebooting with the -x and deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext? (I mean not the one ending with FB)
It happened the same to me but deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext i got my native resolution.
BTW, what distro are you running? I believe that it should be one of the 10.5.7...

In-fact I've run your script and as far as I know your script does this job to remove the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. The last method of testing was iAtkos5i and updated to 10.5.7 and ran your script after i ran the script booted into the OS and got the blue and then black screen. Rebooted again with -s and had to delete the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and then rebooted again and got the display back but with out any native resolution.

I hope this helps you to better understand my problem.

With very best regards,

Martin255

Martin255

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Need detailed lspci output.

Hi,

I need to see the output of lspci from three different setups:

1. Hackintosh using an X3100 card with QE/CI.
2. MacBook using X3100 card
3. Hack using 4500MHD card

The command to run is:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci-out.txt

Thanks.
-u

Here is the lspci output of a X3100 MacBook.

Also I got my hands on a second HDD for my laptop, so I will do a test install later today to be able to help with the testing.

Attached Files

Albe

Albe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Need detailed lspci output.

Hi,

I need to see the output of lspci from three different setups:

1. Hackintosh using an X3100 card with QE/CI.
2. MacBook using X3100 card
3. Hack using 4500MHD card

The command to run is:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci-out.txt

Thanks.
-u

I have a Hackint0sh desktop, Asus P5Q-EM x4500, 0x2E228086

I could not get that lspci command to work, had to download a package called PCI-TOOLs
Had to cut and paste terminal output the >lspci-out.txt did not work. Hope this is acceptable.

Attached Files

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Some questions:
have you tried after you`ve got the black screen rebooting with the -x and deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext? (I mean not the one ending with FB)
It happened the same to me but deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext i got my native resolution.
BTW, what distro are you running? I believe that it should be one of the 10.5.7...

I've had a talk with iPoco on IRC, he's got the same laptop as you have. Apparently you have 2 graphics cards, integrated and dedicated. I think this might be a problem at the moment.

Could you post an ioreg dump and your /var/system.log file?

iPoco will also post his ioreg, so I can see what's happening.
I'm quite busy with work stuff atm, but can somebody google about that laptop and linux support? Maybe they had the same problem, and it can be interesting to see how they fixed it..

Poco

Poco

InsanelyMac Plumber

• Administrators
  • 1,485 posts
OK here is my ioreg dump. Good luck!

Attached Files

nomi81

nomi81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I've had a talk with iPoco on IRC, he's got the same laptop as you have. Apparently you have 2 graphics cards, integrated and dedicated. I think this might be a problem at the moment.

Could you post an ioreg dump and your /var/system.log file?

iPoco will also post his ioreg, so I can see what's happening.
I'm quite busy with work stuff atm, but can somebody google about that laptop and linux support? Maybe they had the same problem, and it can be interesting to see how they fixed it..

I've posted my system.log in the previous post plase see the same log attached again.

I hope will get some luck.

Attached Files

Maxcielle

Maxcielle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

OK here is my ioreg dump. Good luck!

here is my lspci -vvxxx >lspci-out.txt using coldequation patch4500.bash -vrf 2a42

iatkos 5i updated to 10.5.7 on Acer Extensa 5630EZ

IOREG added
ioreg -l -s -w 0 > ioregoutput.txt

Attached Files

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
another person here with a missing mouse cursor. yesterday the mouse cursor was visible, but distorted, today there is no mouse cursor. any ideas what could be going on?

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

another person here with a missing mouse cursor. yesterday the mouse cursor was visible, but distorted, today there is no mouse cursor. any ideas what could be going on?

Odd :)
What laptop do you have, do you have several graphics cards (dedicated&integrated)? can you post an ioreg dump?
(in terminal execute this command: ioreg -l -s -w 0 > ioregoutput.txt and upload the ioregoutput.txt (it'll be in your home folder)

I'll be looking at the reasons of the why of this problem tomorow, depending on how much work I have :)

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
i have a lenovo t500 with dual graphics cards, a mobility radeon 3650 and the x4500. Knowing that this could be a problem, i have disabled the 3650 in the bios because that's the one that is automatically detected. thanks to you guys at least one card sorta works haha. ill try the ioregoutput as soon as possible.

Vradi Lszl

Vradi Lszl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

i have a lenovo t500 with dual graphics cards, a mobility radeon 3650 and the x4500. Knowing that this could be a problem, i have disabled the 3650 in the bios because that's the one that is automatically detected. thanks to you guys at least one card sorta works haha. ill try the ioregoutput as soon as possible.

My cursor disappeared on a Lenovo n500 after the native res. patch, so it looks like it's a lenovo feature:)
Unfortunately, i have no extra video card to disable, so i'm still unable to apply the script. I did once today too, trying to reinstall voodoo ps2 driver at various stages (before patch, after patch before reboot, after reboot) without success. I'll probably look for a way to backup my system tomorrow, and try reinstalling the system with a customization which doesn't need the ps/2 driver, if it's even possible.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

That's the common denominator amongst the people that don't have their mouse, the combination of the radeon 3650 with X4500.. Also the fact that they are all t500's..

Just a thought, have you got the latest bios? Just wondering.. I checked google on linux support of this laptop, and it seems like in linux there is no problem.. So this might be just an osX issue..

What distro do you use for your osX install?

My cursor disappeared on a Lenovo n500 after the native res. patch, so it looks like it's a lenovo feature:)
Unfortunately, i have no extra video card to disable, so i'm still unable to apply the script. I did once today too, trying to reinstall voodoo ps2 driver at various stages (before patch, after patch before reboot, after reboot) without success. I'll probably look for a way to backup my system tomorrow, and try reinstalling the system with a customization which doesn't need the ps/2 driver, if it's even possible.

Ah, you don't have 2 cards.. Bummer.. So it might be lenovo related indeed..
Can you post a system.log? (you can find it in /var/log (using finder --> Go --> Go to folder))

Vradi Lszl

Vradi Lszl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ah, you don't have 2 cards.. Bummer.. So it might be lenovo related indeed..
Can you post a system.log? (you can find it in /var/log (using finder --> Go --> Go to folder))

Sure i can. When? Now, with no patch run, or i should run it, and have some fun trying to hunt down the log with no mouse? :)

That bios update idea is a good one. You think i should try it? Or without the double card config i't can't make a difference.

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Sure i can. When? Now, with no patch run, or i should run it, and have some fun trying to hunt down the log with no mouse? :D

That bios update idea is a good one. You think i should try it? Or without the double card config i't can't make a difference.

with no patch run is good, if you have the log of multiple boots.. Which, if you didn't erase it, is usually the case :)

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
im currently running ipc 10.5.6. so i logged back into my osx partition and my cursor showed up again. this time its a big rectangle of corruption. see attached picture (image0021). ioreg is also attached. ill be sure to check my bios after i log back to windows.

also, maybe the mouse can be fixed by running the cursor in software mode. from what little research i did, this seems to be an option.

Vradi Lszl

are you having trouble with getting the kext to load? i was having the same issue, so i deleted all of the intelapplex***** kexts and started off fresh and loaded 2a42appleintelgmax4500 see attached picture 2.jpg

Attached Files

Vradi Lszl

Vradi Lszl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I've attached the log, hopefully i did it right. Thank you for trying to help me, hope you can find something useful.

Attached Files

Tienneke

Tienneke

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

im currently running ipc 10.5.6. so i logged back into my osx partition and my cursor showed up again. this time its a big rectangle of corruption. see attached picture (image0021). ioreg is also attached. ill be sure to check my bios after i log back to windows.

also, maybe the mouse can be fixed by running the cursor in software mode. from what little research i did, this seems to be an option.

Vradi Lszl

are you having trouble with getting the kext to load? i was having the same issue, so i deleted all of the intelapplex***** kexts and started off fresh and loaded 2a42appleintelgmax4500 see attached picture 2.jpg

WHAT!!!!??? I see you have 2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext loaded!!!!?? You get into graphical mode? that's fantastic! for me that couldn't work!

Try removing /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (or move it out of that folder), and reboot, then post your findings :)

Vradi Lszl

Vradi Lszl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Not really, no. I can run the script without any options, or with -vrf, -rf, -r, i can't remember exatly, but i tried all variations, and even the non forced ones worked fine (at least the script said everything is ok) After reboot i had no messages saying anything about kext errors (i had some with the audio driver, but it was fixed after repairing permissions with osx86tools).
Now that you showed us that corrupted cursor, i remembered that the very first time i ran the script, i could not get the system to boot up, i saw only noise(like on old tvs), and when booting into safe mode, i saw the corruption like yours instead of the mouse. I guess i just had a wrong devid passed with the f option, since i can run the script now any way i like, i alwasy have native res. after reboot, without any kext loading errors, Of course with no mouse pointer.

I was trying to find something about running the mouse in software mode for a while now, with no success.

chopped

chopped

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
hah, found a sorta fix.
i made my cursor bigger and it appeared! although the other cursors such as the finger and the text cursor appear corrupted.

edit: ill try removing /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext , gimme a few minutes.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy