280 replies to this topic

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
Pspfreak101 - take a look here (if you haven't already):

http://macthemes2.net/wiki/Extras.rsrc

It's possible that the date/time could be index 46... I haven't tried it myself, but it may be worth a shot.

Pspfreak101

Pspfreak101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
negative on 46 I imagine its on line 30 since most of those effect the menu bar

chekkz

chekkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Posted Image

So far I did these menu bar icons shown in the screenie:

Spaces
Volume
ScriptMenu
HomeSync
Eject
Fax
Keychain
Displays
User
Time Machine (not completely as you can see. I guess there are some files elsewhere, I looked in the time machine app as well but didn't see anymore to edit. so maybe somebody can help with that.)

I'm not sure about the time, date, and spotlight :/ I assume the settings for these are stored somewhere else?

To change them you'll have to go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and then show package contents for each menu item... Navigate to the resources folder and replace the pdf there.

Attached Files

Pspfreak101

Pspfreak101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Nice job just need that stupid time index

Panik

Panik

InsanelyMac Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Request for graphite version +1

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
Meh - I've already gone back to normal Leopard... I would make tons of versions if the Time/Date thing could be fixed, but then again, it also involves having to edit the menubar icons in order to get it looking half-decent. Just too much tinkering for me...

Panik

Panik

InsanelyMac Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
I'm willing to put in the effort.

But I hear that when altering the SArtFile.bin it actually increases the file size by double.
This really turns me off the whole process. But if it would look entirely clean, with time/date as you say, I'd be a total convert.

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

I'm willing to put in the effort.

But I hear that when altering the SArtFile.bin it actually increases the file size by double.
This really turns me off the whole process. But if it would look entirely clean, with time/date as you say, I'd be a total convert.

Where did you hear/read that? If you look at one of my previous posts, you'll find a link to the decoder and encoder for the SArtFile.bin. Doesn't double the file size at all...

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts
I got my Black Menubar from the original LeoLoco Menubar mod. I use iStat clocks for the time. Also I included a picture of the select gradient.
Posted Image
Posted Image

n7myr

n7myr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

This is my first leopard theme I made and really only mods the menu bar as I know many people wanted a dark menu bar so here it is :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Note::If you have transparent menu bar disable it to see the new one]

Download below

Read the readme to install

thanks for the cool look. I followed the readme and all worked great

chekkz

chekkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
OK I messed around a little and I came up with one I really like.

Edit: Gray Menubar Theme V2 ;)
Changed the previews, so as not to mislead anyone, after Sabr told me my font was ugly lolz
I also included the original SArtFile.bin & Extras2.rsrc but you all should be backing up your stuff.

Previews:
Posted Image Posted Image

Downloads:

Attached Files

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
@ chekkz - eww!! The font looks horrible! :thumbsdown_anim:

chekkz

chekkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

@ chekkz - eww!! The font looks horrible! :D

Haha i guess i should have probably put that is just my font choice I'm using with Silk beta... that wont affect anyone's installation. You'll all still get Lucida Grande.
I edited the post above :thumbsdown_anim:

Panik

Panik

InsanelyMac Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
@chekkz

I'm really digging the slight grey variation. But there is something that is really annoying, the apple is different sizes for click and non-click states:

Posted Image

Can you fix that and make a grey one to match the grey of the Finder window. That would be choice! Thx!!

ultimo

ultimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
No matrix Fans around ?

Sad ;)

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

No matrix Fans around ?

Sad ;)

Black and green just don't look good when used in conjunction in the menu bar...

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts

Hey Sabr,

I tried the Apple Chrome on the menbar with Pspfreak's Extras2.rsrc. I ended up with the normal menubar, except with white text :lol: That means somehow the SArtFile.bin isn't working properly. I made sure to delete the old one before installing the new one, and I cleared all the system caches but it didn't work. Thanks for the work! :D

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts
Then it's a problem on your end - since it works fine here (no need to restart btw, just relaunch Finder):

Posted Image

The above image is without the modded Extras2.rsrc (hence the black text)...

chekkz

chekkz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

@chekkz

I'm really digging the slight grey variation. But there is something that is really annoying, the apple is different sizes for click and non-click states:

Posted Image

Can you fix that and make a grey one to match the grey of the Finder window. That would be choice! Thx!!

I see what u mean but it seems to be the same no matter which one I use, the mods or the original...was nothing I did to change the size, all I did was edit the color of the original. -_-
About a gray one to match the finder? You mean to match the finder when the window is selected?

Sabr

Sabr

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

I see what u mean but it seems to be the same no matter which one I use, the mods or the original...was nothing I did to change the size, all I did was edit the color of the original.

It's probably the stroke (outter-line of pixels) on the Apple on the slected image. Just make the unselected and selected the same png, then you'll have no problem at all... -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy