Updated: PS/2 Fix Installer for ANY version of Leopard

~pcwiz

161 posts in this topic

I appreciate you offering help however, where there are instructions HOW to install this zip file. What is the __MACOSX directory in the zip file?

I have a shuttle g5. I have installed and booted 10.5.1. I have to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse

and they work but the built in PS/2 mouse and keyboard don't work.

UPDATE: Installers have been updated to work with ANY version of OS X Leopard.

I was having a lot of trouble with PS/2 in 10.5.x, and thanks to Chun Nan and others, I got a solution. So I put the right kexts into an installer package so it will make it easier for others. The package is attached below, and 10.5.4 is required to use it. Some of the files I used: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext by Chun-Nan (based on DFE's ACPIPS2Nub.kext). I've tested this package on my own system and it works fine, but if you have issues, please feel free to tell me. Many thanks to Chun-Nan and the others that helped me get my PS/2 working!

If you have a PS/2 Keyboard or a PS/2 Keyboard AND Mouse then install the PS/2 Keyboard package. If you have only a PS/2 Mouse then install the PS/2 mouse package. Don't install both!!

EDIT: And another thing, please leave feedback here if it worked for you :)

Thank you, works great other then tapping the touchpad or scrolling with the touch pad, the touchpad works to move the mouse around and you can click with the buttons under the pad but it will not click when you tap the pad or try to scroll using the sides of the pad.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running iDeneb 1.5 (1.5.7) on an Asus EEEPC900, with no working keyboard, whilst everyone that followed the same install method got it working.

Some time ago, I spilled water on the keyboard, which ended up damaging keyboard and touchpad. I replaced the keyboard with a nonoriginal ebay version, which works just fine under XP and 3 linux distros I've tried. I haven't gotten around fixing the touchpad yet.

To the point, no matter what PS2 fix I use the keyboard doesn't work. Is it the keyboard? Is it the damaged touchpad? Am I doing something wrong? What would you do?

Almost forgot, the only time I got it to work for a few minutes when I extracted and installed sequentially all PS2 fixes (both voodoos and an oldschool Appel PS2)from an iatkos v7 DVD, for some reason the keyboard started working, but after a few minutes the computer became totally unresponsive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I did a fresh install of ideneb 1.5 again on my EEEPC900, and immediately installed pcwiz's ps2 fix.

After installation and before restarting, the keyboard worked!!! However, after restarting it stopped working again.

Any ideas? Hints?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
UPDATE: Installers have been updated to work with ANY version of OS X Leopard.

I was having a lot of trouble with PS/2 in 10.5.x, and thanks to Chun Nan and others, I got a solution. So I put the right kexts into an installer package so it will make it easier for others. The package is attached below, and 10.5.4 is required to use it. Some of the files I used: AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext by Chun-Nan (based on DFE's ACPIPS2Nub.kext). I've tested this package on my own system and it works fine, but if you have issues, please feel free to tell me. Many thanks to Chun-Nan and the others that helped me get my PS/2 working!

If you have a PS/2 Keyboard or a PS/2 Keyboard AND Mouse then install the PS/2 Keyboard package. If you have only a PS/2 Mouse then install the PS/2 mouse package. Don't install both!!

EDIT: And another thing, please leave feedback here if it worked for you :D

Hello thanks so much for the fixed. I just installed it & viola it's works. Thanks very much again.

My laptop is: Dell Inspiron 1545.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Am not sure whether this thread is still active,but here goes my thing.

I tried installing this on my AMD based Snow Leopard with DFI lanparty Ultra D NF4 Mobo and it does not work !

Before installing this I was able to boot properly and but without keyboard and mouse,but now after installing this Am not at all able to work ! 

System hangs right after boot with the dock not loading sometimes and such ! If I remove the keyboard,mouse and use USB one's it works just fine !

Pleease some heeeeelp me :( !! I posted my query in not less 3 threads in this forum but so far no one bothered to reply !

Regards.

• 1 year later...

Heyuh. I've tried the installer, it's the only one that gets the PS/2 mouse (PS2FixMouse.zip - usb keyboard) to work. However, the mouse is too fast, and jumps several pixels at a time, even if I set the speed to lowest. I've googled a bit, but was unable to find a fix, except for some guy that modified the source and recompiled it. But I wouldn't know how to do that, so I'm kind of stuck with a borrowed USB mouse... any ideas?