Updated: PS/2 Fix Installer for ANY version of Leopard

~pcwiz

161 posts in this topic

barnum, simple. just use the files in this package _except_ for the ACPIPlatform.kext (which is the stock 10.5.5 one).

And download/use the OpenHaltRestart.kext from Psystar.

The Nub is a plugin of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, so if you will use the stock one be sure to place the Nub extension there.

Let me know if things work out for you. Else I can provide you with a copy of my extensions.

Btw, check to see if the filesystem is case unsensitive. Someone reported kexts not loading because the plugin

directory wasn't starting with capital P.

thanks for the informations, it's work now

barnum

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this (the installer in post #1) on a Latitude E6500 with Jas 10.5.4. Result:

1. The laptop keyboard is working now - yay!

2. The touchpad is responsive, but unusable. When I touch it and try to move it around, it seems to send a gazillion commands to the system, so many that the system is still chewing on it once I let go. Basically it looks like the Mac is misunderstanding me touching the touchpad as someone hitting the right mouse button consecutively and very often. Any pointers?

Thanks!

Just to add... the stub in the middle of the keyboard is actually working - just the touchpad causing the headaches. If nothing else, maybe somebody knows how to deactivate the touchpad while keeping the "stub" functional? Because the problem is it's very hard *not* to touch the touchpad, and if I do, it can cause all kinds of trouble (like going somewhere and deleting text). Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you PCwiz packing the PS/2 Fix. I am currently running iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 on MCP73/630i + Celeron E1200. everything works fine, except that my PS/2 mouse would get freeze after WORKING for a while. At that moment, my PS/2 keyboard works just perfect. Are there anybody has the same issue?

I tried to install this fix onto my Acer Aspire 5100 laptop which uses a integrated keyboard and mouse combo.

Results were the mouse still works and won't freeze up but the keyboard does not work at all. This fix would be perfect if the keyboard worked

Any ideas?

After a long time I've updated the installers to work on any version of Leopard, these are the same packages used in iPC OSx86. This should not corrupt your install like the last package did for a couple people.

Used both of these installers for keyboard and mouse and was able to get my integrated Acer Aspire 5100 laptop to work fine. Although oddly after a certain amount of time especially when I am opening a new program the keyboard and mouse as a combo will both stop working at the same time.

They won't respond to anything but if I plug in a USB mouse or keyboard they work fine so the OS is still running fine.....Any ideas on this one ~pcwiz?

<br />Three Lies,<br /><br />You were only supposed to apply one. PS/2 Keyboard if you have only a keyboard or if you have a keyboard and mouse <== you should have applied this one or PS/2 Mouse if you only have a PS/2 mouse. Reinstall the PS/2 Keyboard driver and it *might* solve your issues.<br />

I completely reinstalled iPC 10.5.6 which you said had the integrated drivers you had on here and selected PS/2 keyboard only. Installed as usual and the issue happen again with the mouse freeze along with keyboard.

Should I try to apply this or is it the same?

Thx to ~pcwiz and Chun-Nan (sounds like East Asian name)

When I installed iPC 10.5.6 final, I had "AppleACPIPS2Nub" checked. When I first entered OSX, my k/b of the laptop worked fine. But It didnt work after a while.

Can I use the pkg in the first post?

This completely broke my computer :)

How do I fix what I broke? I can't login and get stuck at boot (right around flow/firefire). Is there a way to uninstall this "fix"?

You may press F8 when os start, and type -v -s to the single mode and fix.

Thank you ~pcwiz.

Can confirm that the ApplePS2Controller + AppleACPIPS2Nub extracted from the package with pacifist,

are working w/ USB mouse and PS2 keyboard on 10.5.6 Retail install (Munky's method), Vanilla kernel.

EDIT: works only with verbose (-v) boot. Had to go back to a previous appleACPIPS2NUB.kext.

Thank you ~pcwiz.

Can confirm that the ApplePS2Controller + AppleACPIPS2Nub extracted from the package with pacifist,

are working w/ USB mouse and PS2 keyboard on 10.5.6 Retail install (Munky's method), Vanilla kernel.

Been working on this for days/weeks now and tried any combination to install PS/2 drivers. There just seems to be a issue where the PS/2 keyboard and mouse will freeze up and force you to reboot or use USB ones.

I don't know if there is any way to debug what is changing and causing it to freeze up for them? Any log files I could check?