USB 2.0 for Leopard 10.5.7

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts
There are source now for 10.6 but i mot looked also for USB....
But IOPCI is there:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/

ApexDE

ApexDE

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
At least for me, i don't need patched USB Drivers anymore:

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1240686

One step further to Vanilla ;)

kmare

kmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
ApexDE -- your patch is confirmed on my SL install on Ep45 ud3p

waneto

waneto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
EDITED 26-05-2009
If you see error at startup

then it is not USB problem. It is a problem with interrupts in whole system.
If USB sometimes works, sometimes no then it is the same problem.
To solve it, download my new IOPCIFamily v2.6.1 (from my signature). It may correct such problems!

I got this problem that my two usb controller sometimes work, sometimes not

I am in the snow leopard 10A432,help me!

thanks!

waneto

waneto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

EDITED 26-05-2009

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3849800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

To solve it, download my new IOPCIFamily v2.6.1 (from my signature). It may correct such problems!

GOOD JOB,SLICE!

I have this problem in snow leopard, I have 8 usb controller(2 EHCI and 6 UCHI) in leopard and they r all ok.

but in snow leopard, one ehci and one uhci do not work (on my laptop ,with a usb 2.0 cardreader in the EHCI )most of time , they two disappeared, sometimes they two go ok , I do not know why.

but When I remove the Apple HPET and AppleIntelPowerManagement, the two usb controllers go ok, but the laptop cannot go sleep and restart normally.

Help me , Thans a lot!!

:wacko:

waneto

waneto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi,guys!
I find the problems finally!

When I face this:

AppleUSBEHCI[0x3849800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

I find that AppleHPET use 4 IRQs which contains 0x00000014, this 0x00000014 is for usb
so my usb EHC2 and usb5 can not work, others r ok

but sometimes it is ok, and AppleHPET use just 3 IRQs not contain 0x000000014.

And my cpu is Intel Core2 Duo P7350 2.0GHz*2, my os is snow leopard 10A432.

PS:when I use leopard, they r all ok, and appleHPET only use 3 IRQs, always ok.

fvp

fvp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear all;

In all my install of OSX86 in my PC I have faced the following situations:

- Only when booting with a storage device (HDD or Pendrive) connected to one of the USB ports, the system fallback in USB 1.0 mode, and altough everything works, in this case I'm not able to restart or shutdown the system by software. When I request one of these operations, the sytem proceed with all the finalization tasks but stalls as in standby like status. So I have to manually push the power on/reset button.

- When no storage device is connected when booting, I have full USB 2.0 working and poweroff/reboot work as expected (i.e. can be done by sw).

I'm running OSX 10.5.8 (iPC 10.5.6 updated with iDeneb 10.5.8 combo package). But this issues were always present since 10.5.5.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ps.: When booting with external USB storage devices connected I face some messages of type: "UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms"

Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual Core
Mainboard: MCP61PM-HM (Chipset MCP61)
Northbridge: NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A3
Southbridge: NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A2
Memory: 1+1GB RAM DDR2 800 Mhz
Graphics: NVidia 8600GT 1GB RAM

trelsat7

trelsat7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EDITED 15-08-2009
Version for 10.5.8 is here

Hi,
could you make a universal binary available (for 10.5.8)? The HP printer driver doesn't work correctly
because the HP Inkjet Toolbox is a power pc binary. I guess that is the reason for the following log
22.09.09 19:39:51 HP Inkjet Toolbox[265] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBLib.bundle/Contents/MacOS/IOUSBLib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Regards,
Robert

bazilato

bazilato

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Slice,

I'm on Leo 10.5.8

When I use the 10.5.8 version of your IOUSBFamily.kext
my sound card EMU USB 0404 works but it is not detected by its own control panel

When I use the 10.5.7 version of your IOUSBFamily.kext
my sound card work 100% correctly

What do you think it comes from ? Do you think you could fix this so we can enjoy the last version of your kext instead of using the old one ... :)

Thanks
Cheers

bazilato

bazilato

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
sad to see that there is no more support on this file :(
Maybe it's time for me to pass to snow ...

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I would need this for SnowLeo ..

sasj15

sasj15

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everyone, I tried to figure out the way how to solve the problem on my hp dv4-1030ee

Can anyone help me to give a complete instruction on how to install USB correctly without having any crash issues since I have been installing iDeneb distribution for the seventh time!

I really would love to install the clean retail DVD have everything installed as required since distribution such as iDeneb won't cover everything laptops might need to have.

I would appreciate your help guys and hopefully this is will another people who would have the same issue in the near time

Thank you

Tina_H

Tina_H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there,
I have Asus P4P 800SE motherboard and i have installed iDeneb v 1.4 I have wireless keyboard connected throgh usb and it works fine.But if i connect my wireless usb adopter or external hd to usb, none of them work.
I really need some help.Can you plz tell me how to fix it?

trabbikevin

trabbikevin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Chilling, Friends and, of course, Gaming and technical stuff like phones, notebooks, everything...
Hello,

I have a USB problem, too, with my HP Pavilion DV7-1196EG..

When I connect a usb device (or LAN cable! the same) in the booted OSX, it doesn't get recognized.

Wen I connect a usb device (or LAN cable) BEFORE booting OSX, it usually gets recognized.

Weird thing! Never had a problem like this.

Also, I have an older usb wifi stick, Sitecom WL-172, there are driver from 10.3 to 10.5 and I, of course, downloaded the newest one.. But it doesn't work.

Could you help me please ? =(

edit:

Oh I use iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 OSX with the standard kernel (Vanilla).. well everything (graphics, cpu, HDDs, etc) work but not the wifi card (I know it doesn't work) and the LAN / USB ports as usually, only before booting OSX, while in OSX the freshly connected devices (even the devices which were connected and then disconnected and again put in the usb slot don't work anymore)..

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
Is there a modified IOPCIFamily.kext for 10.5.8 somewhere?

I only see one for Snow.

/EDIT

Never mind, found it at the ProjectOSX forums.

Johanmartin

Johanmartin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
None of the kext listed in this thread works for my leopard install of 10.5.6. I had to reinstall because of this thread. I have an asus-p6t6-ws-revolution.

maakus

maakus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

When I connect a usb device (or LAN cable! the same) in the booted OSX, it doesn't get recognized.

Wen I connect a usb device (or LAN cable) BEFORE booting OSX, it usually gets recognized.

also have similar problem. when booting with connected usb devices (all of them; even my 2 synths, external audio card and wifi stick that have native mac os support) - they are shown in system profiler, but don't work. after i reconnect them all of them work ok until reboot.
all other stuff works. can't find the root of the problem.
im on mac os 10.5.7
asus p5b-e
core2duo e6600
geforce 8800 gts
2 gb ram

any ideas and tips would be very appreciated 'coz it's quite annoying
thanks in advance

neomatic02

neomatic02

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First of all thank to orByte for the method to correct USBEHCI driver
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=28559
He is disappeared making only version 303 that is not enough.
I open new topic because I can't update orByte's topic with new version.

Previous my correction USB308 works!
Now sources 315.4.1 is available at Apple's site and I can easy rewrite it by orByte's method.
This is corrected sources and my compilation. All targets can be compiled except IOUSBFamily and IOUSBLib. Use stock similar.

EDITED 03.08.08
My kexts are not tested yet so be ready to return to version 308.

EDITED 21.11.08
I corrected EHCI and UHCI plugins for sleep support
Instructions how to install

That's all!

EDITED 19-09-2008
Apple publish 10.5.5 sources. IOUSBFamily is the same but IOUSBMassStorageClass is updated!
There is my compilation with small corrections.

EDITED 19-12-2008
New compilation from 10.5.6 sources. I change version to 3.2.8 to differ from Apple's kexts.
What new? I add support for Intel ICH4-5, 9 (ICH10 added by Apple), NForce (MCP79 by Apple, MCP78 and other by me), SIS7001.
Some internal mistakes corrected.
All files tested in 10.5.5 so it compatible with old systems (Leopard only!).
You also may try my IOPCIFamily.kext v254 to improve interrupts handling.

EDITED 18-05-2009
New compilation from 10.5.7 sources. Now version is 3.4.4. This version include all previous fixes, new DeviceIDs and forced sleep capabilities even if it is not really supported (as discussed with Hafnium).

EDITED 28-05-2009
Add support for ICH10R DeviceID=3a6x

EDITED 26-05-2009

EDITED 01-06-2009
Add support for NForce DeviceID=36d
Compile new USBProbe

EDITED 15-08-2009
Version for 10.5.8 is here

Important
sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/PCGenUSB*
sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PCGenUSB*

After Installing Ktext for IOUSBGFamily 3.4.4 with iATKOS v 7 on AMD ASusn M2NMX
I am getting AppleUSBEHCI[]::UIMFinalize - could not get chip to halt within 100 ms Error and then System says Disk0s03 : data underrun .
System does not boot . Please help.

chomps

chomps

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Is there a modified IOPCIFamily.kext for 10.5.8 somewhere?

I only see one for Snow.

/EDIT

Never mind, found it at the ProjectOSX forums.

Can you please tell me where the modified IOPCIFamily.kext for snow leopard is.

THANXXX!!!

racerx90

racerx90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
After struggling for the past day and a half to get IOUSBFamily (385.4.1) building on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (it's ridiculous, but the sources from Apple have blatant bugs in them from preventing compiling right out of the box), I was finally able to get IOUSBFamily built and get Slice's patches integrated in the updated Snow Leopard sources of IOUSBFamily.

However, even though I can compile it just fine and get it to load and recognize my DQ45CB's USB devices (which are ICH10R-based (the Device IDs aren't present in the vanilla IOUSBFamily.kext from Apple so I needed this fix)) - there's definitely bugs in it. I noticed when I have two devices plugged into a Hub it sometimes hangs the initialization of USB (taking a long time to come up) or just won't initialize properly at all. Other times it works just fine with only a slight delays for initialization by 10-15 seconds.

I'm using darwinbuild to build the kits (somewhat buggy to get working and probably would have spent less time building directly from Xcode/root environment), but I would be happy to supply my diff to anyone who wants to look at it.

To tell you the truth, I really don't understand the code well enough to fix this, but I'll try to look through it again tomorrow to see if there's anything obvious I'm missing (since the code bases are somewhat different than the original code.) It could be some of the patches aren't valid for this version and need to be pulled out (I'll try to play around with it over the next week.)

It will be a real shame if I can't get this working 100%, because everything else works just fine on the DQ45CB without a single issue or a lot of changes (haven't tried sleep yet, although I wouldn't use it anyway) including audio (VoodooHDA), networking (Intel82566MM), SATA (AHCIPortInjector) and even the DSDT is error free (and didn't require any significant patching.)

Finally, I did have a bit of trouble getting the system installed since I couldn't get USB working so I ended up doing it from CD using EmpireEFI (since USB wasn't working) and then I switched back to vanilla Chameleon RC4 for the running system in case anyone cares. (Also, the system type that worked for me was MacPro3,1.)

Either way, I'm attaching the modified IOUSBFamily.kext (built from Snow Leopard 10.6.2 sources) just in case someone wants to play it (but please be warned - it's not perfect so don't blame me if something happens to your system because of it.) Maybe for you it will work just fine. Good luck with it.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy