iATKOS 10.5.4 DVD release

156 posts in this topic

Is there anyone running iAtkos 4 on Asus p5e ws profesional ?

I have tested it working well on the following rig -

Asus P5W DH Deluxe with 2704 BIOS

Intel Core2Quad 6600 Low Power 90W G0 Stepping CPU @ 3GHz

4GB OCZ DDR2-800 @ 334MHz

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB

SATA RAID drives and PATA DVD-R

In an Antec900 Gamer Case with a Hyper Type-R 580W PSU

Need to choose the correct custom options in install carefully - took 3 attempts to get up and running ...

I've also had some luck running on a retail install DVD using a Boot-132 CD and Kalyway 10.5.2 release

Finally, I'm also currently testing a £25 ($50) Asus P5LD2-X/1333 board with most stuff working okay except LAN and D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth dongle ...

No joy for me. For some reasons I can't install iATKOS on my laptop. I have tried different version and all of them stuck at the same point. I have no problems with Kalywey 10.5.2.

Acer Aspire 5670

Intel Core Duo Processor T2300

2 GB DDR2

320 GB SATA HDD

ATI X1400

it works fine for me, i selected the kernel 9.4.0, applesmbios rev 6, driver for gma950, SATA extended support and broadcom 440X.

the release is missing important drivers, like atheros wireless wich were working perfectly with kalyway and also the laptop battery meter.

it works fine for me, i selected the kernel 9.4.0, applesmbios rev 6, driver for gma950, SATA extended support and broadcom 440X.

the release is missing important drivers, like atheros wireless wich were working perfectly with kalyway and also the laptop battery meter.

I thought I installed the drivers for the GMA950, but it just didn't work. No resolution or accelaration, I must have got somethin gwrong if you managed to get it to work.

I also ticked Atheros 5005G, it did recognise my card, but doesn't seem to work properly (can't join any network..). I think I'll go back to Kaly or Eddie's OSX.

Worked fine for me on a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop.

Had to use the hda patcher to get audio to work

Intel 3945 wireless card not working obviously, and no drivers in the near future by the looks of it.

I selected the NATIT driver for my 8600m, the broadcom 440 driver for the wired network card and that was all I chose during installation.

Install was flawless... once I tried to boot up got a kernel panic / "Backtrace" error..

I chose the extra sata compatibility option..maybe that fu*#d things up....

any suggestions...? My set up is on my sig...rig 2

Install was flawless... once I tried to boot up got a kernel panic / "Backtrace" error..

I chose the extra sata compatibility option..maybe that fu*#d things up....

any suggestions...? My set up is on my sig...rig 2

maybe you did select speedstep AND a kernel wich is not to be done , try cpus=1 to see if that helps.

maybe you did select speedstep AND a kernel wich is not to be done , try cpus=1 to see if that helps.

Definitely didnt choose speedstep.....

If cpus=1 works then i'll always be stuck using one core.....???

All you guys that got it to work..... can u be specific bout what settings were choosen

for instance...Im installing on an MBR partition and my specs R on the sig...

I've tried it with and without "Stock Files"

With and without "System/Sata"

Everything else has remained constant

16iio0y.jpg

What am i doing wrong here?

I was using iATKOS v1.0i and was working perfect. I installed v4 and had a serious video problem, all popups and menus appear in black. So I installed v1.0i again then use kalyway 5.2, then kalyway 5.3 and did the normal upgrade from apple to 10.5.4. Everything is perfect, CI/QE.

Motherborad: Intel D975XBX2

Processor: Intel Q6600

Video: ATI X1900XTX

Memory: 8Gb Corsair 800Mhz

Thank you all.

i have problems too... first, i need to put AHCI mode for hard disks in my bios... another way osx doesn´t recognize them...

after install I restart my system and then when apple logo showns, a sign appears with the legend "system needs to be restarted" or something like that... over and over again...

my system is:

Q6600

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P

2gigs of memory

gforce 8800gts 640mb

500gb Seagate barracuda sata2 32mb buffer

sorry for my bad english.

I have a Leo4All V3i installed and I'm moving OS X to the RAID0 and Vista to the smaller 112GB disk, LOL!

V3 worked well, but I want to update to 10.5.4, should I use this iATKOS 4.0 or wait for Leo4All V4?

More, On the Leo4All, I didn't selected any Network Adapter and my Marvell from the Asus P5E worked flawlessly, if I install this iATKOS, should I check the Marvell patch?

More, on the Leo, I selected Azalia, but to make audio work, I needed Tortuga's patch. Should I check Azalia or not?

OS X rocks!!!!!

PPF-patch - iATKOSv4i-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix

Test it. May be for someone will be useful.

Thanks! I needed it!

Definitely didnt choose speedstep.....

If cpus=1 works then i'll always be stuck using one core.....???

All you guys that got it to work..... can u be specific bout what settings were choosen

for instance...Im installing on an MBR partition and my specs R on the sig...

I've tried it with and without "Stock Files"

With and without "System/Sata"

Everything else has remained constant

16iio0y.jpg

What am i doing wrong here?

you did select a non-EFI installation with a stock apple kernel, don't select this option(non-EFI)

@ufo_all have you tried burning the disc at the slowest speeds and checked the disc is free of scratches cos I once had similar probs cos of a few scratches on the disc.

still same problem... cant install at all ...better move back to kalyway 10.5.2

v4i is running on my system .. but several APPS dont work .. openWengo for example simply wont start and crashes. Same with Diskorder ... :)

could someone test. On my Macbookpro with 10.5.4 it all those apps are runnig.

some idea ?

cheers

boert.

PS: i moved from kalyway 10.5.2 to iatkos because i had some serious Wifi problems ( time outs, and no wifi networks at all. i tried all but i couldnt fix that. ) so now i dont have wifi problems ;)

wow hehe

Downloaded iATKOS v4i and successfully installed on my system:

Model Identifier: 965P-DS3

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 CPU 6300 @

Processor Speed: 1.87 GHz

Memory: 2 GB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

BTW, I installed this on one of my harddisk. I have 2 other hds that are configured as RAID0. Is there a way to access this RAID drive?

I was using iATKOS v1.0i and was working perfect. I installed v4 and had a serious video problem, all popups and menus appear in black. So I installed v1.0i again then use kalyway 5.2, then kalyway 5.3 and did the normal upgrade from apple to 10.5.4. Everything is perfect, CI/QE.

Motherborad: Intel D975XBX2

Processor: Intel Q6600

Video: ATI X1900XTX

Memory: 8Gb Corsair 800Mhz

Thank you all.

Yikes, you need to learn how to backup. what a waste of time...

nice installation. I didn't notice the default kernel is for SSE3 only. That answered my last question ;)

installed only with natit patch.

showed "Still waiting for the root device" error on boot.

used the installer DVD again, just installed the SATA driver.

started to boot nicely :D

i liked the clean installation.

thanks a lot uphuck, all the seeders, all the patchers and the guy (shaon bhai) who downloaded it for me :D

Is there anyone running iAtkos 4 on Asus p5e ws profesional ?

I've got mine running just fine, all except for my audio, still trying to figure that out. Never had to mess with the kext and Taruga's site is down. Also my JMicron Controller, but that seems to have been fixed. I suggest to install with following options only and patch everything else manually by copying kext's or running installer packages after the installation (you can also install NTFS-3g or ext2 support w/ no problems). Also set your SATA mode to AHCI in your BOIS, SATA is running very nice, but you may have to partition the disk via MBR and not GUID.

osinstall.png

I then copied the packages to my hard drive and applied the rest manually.

$ cp -R /Volumes/iATKOS\ 4i/System/Installation/Packages /Users/xxxx/Desktop/

or use http://sourceforge.net/projects/chgfndr and drag and drop these folders via Finder

You can then install the 9.4.0 kernel and the enchanced AppleACPIFamily.kext 9E17kernel.pkg & 9E17acpi.pkg. I would use Pacifist and drop these manually and then repair permissions cause the packages don't ask for your admin password and will just stall out or you can run this in a command prompt.

$ sudo installer -pkg 9E17kernel.pkg -target /

I used NVkush for my NVidia Card to get CI/QE working. I also had to use JaS's 10.5.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext to get the Marvell Ethernet Card working. I'm also using AppleSMBIOS_28 cause I had issues with photoshop crashing.

I've tested this install on 5 machines so far and have got almost everything working. Very nice release! GJ! :turbin:

Edit: Sorry for the bloated post I don't make many posts. This is also a good idea for anyone having issues booting maybe except for those that need the NForce Kernels. I recommend just installing the basic Vanilla install with the enhanced SATA option and apply the patches after the install, seems to work the best on all the boxes I tested, I've tested a lot of different models at work as well. NHJ went over a lot of the issues as well, I just found it best to install all that afterwords, for me it was easier to troubleshoot.