Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

My install is working great...except the keyboard/trackpad are inactive. I tried the solutions posted here but they were no use :D

I'm on vanilla kernel 9.6.0 with vanilla kexts except the ones for studio (and a battery kext that doesn't work).

Did you update from a iAtkos i5 ?

If yes have a look in /Extra the old kexts must be there...

If no, delete the ApplePS2controler etc... kexts and try instal this

Hope it can help

Thanks a lot, great!

What Temperatures do you reach with the 2Ghz T5800??

Thanks

Bastop

With my C2duo 2Ghz T5750 i go until 35° to 45° with peaks to 50/55° with hard tasks, it would be more cold with the GPU supported... i noticed when i run a video or just move a window very quick during few seconds the CPU gets hot, it's because without GPU, the CPU works also for graphics, so i hope when the GPU will work i won't need I8Kfan :huh:

Hi Vorguees, i did not test the update from Ideneb 10.5.5 bur i have good feedbacks from french users...

First you need to download the update from apple (the combo is only to update from older version than 10.5.5 i think), don't install it for the moment...

Use Trauma's installer to install PCefi V9 and to patch your Dsdt, once done reboot and see if it works.

You also have to back up your specific kext (ethernet, audio etc...) you will reinstall them after update...

Then you need to install AppleACPI2Nub.kext , Disabler.kext , AppleDecrypt.kext and SMBiosResolver.kext (link)

After that you can run the .dmg update from apple

Should work :rolleyes:

ok, so I'm trying to go for the 10.5.6 update

I installed the PCefi V9, but when I go to the DSDT Patcher I get a Mitalca Panic! :whistle:

Too many options for me. I tried reading other threads, but didn't find an answer.

I have my Studio with a 10.5.5, iDeneb. And Windows Vista, in another partition.

I'm trying with the Vista operating system, and with the New HPET, just to avoid unwanted problems in the future.

Is it ok? Or should I repatch it?

I tried it like that, and it works, but I think the booting is much slower now.

I've read that some kext like the dysabler.kext should be installed before the update, for making it possible. Once the update is done, should I delete this kexts??

Dear People,

I have read all 17 pages...

I'd like to say

THANK YOU!!!!!! :unsure:

Seriously,

you guys rock... (RIDGE and BOOMERANG) lol

I just installed iDeneb 1.3 and i'm gonna try installing all drivers..

Good job guys..

waiting for the 3450 HD ;) ........

Just a quick announcement. The mobility issue is frame buffer and binary, I just spoke with LastExile and there are new Frame Buffers being released in a few days so hopefully the new ATY_Flicker will take care of this. I will post more info as it becomes available.

Hey Ridge, that's awesome man. You guys are doing a great job, and there's a lot of people here who very much appreciate all the hard work you're doing. Fingers crossed on getting mobility soon.

What are you running I don't think we are all on iDeneb i think some are on iAtkos

Yep, I'm on iATKOS 5i updated to 10.5.6 and i like it, I won't use anymore Ideneb , did someone try new IPC or XXX ?

Bastop, which appl. do you use to monitor CPU temp ? When I'm using Temperature Monitor I have always 15° less than with Voodoopower or old GenericCPUPwrMan... appl. monitoring... means my peaks to 50/55° with temp- Monit- appl. show 65/70° with GenericCPUPwrMan, but i don't know which is the right value...

Why do you prefer the iAtkos distro? I know that scottishduck is on iPC and he is having keyboard issues that I am trying to help him with I don't know about the others... I like the boot 132 method but, I am currently using iDeneb.

Wow, i didn't see ScotishDuck used IPC, and his PS2 issue is so strange...

I prefer iATKOS because the boot is faster and no more bluescreen beetween loading apple logo and desktop but it's only details, both go well...

I have not had that issue with the blue screen but I am glad to hear your opinion.....

You probably have seen the bluescreen, I definately do. It's not a problem though, just appears for a second or so while the wallpaper loads.

As far as my problems go I will probably get iATKOS to do the installation, it's never failed me in the past on other PCs.

Okay all you Dell Studio owners I have created a post installer that includes drivers for the following

1. Power management

2. IDT Audio

3. Dell 1510-N Wifi

4. Dell Studio Ethernet

5. SD Card Reader

6. I8KFan control

I am working on adding the 2 finger scroll and the Dell 1397 wifi to this installer. Please let me know of anything else that you might find useful.

Click Here