Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

I have the latest Dell Studio 1555 model.. Are there any drivers available for the following config

2. Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

4. Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9800 (2.93GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 6MB Cache)

5. Dell™ Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

6. 15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ and Built-in 2.0MP Web Cam

7. Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Cam

8. Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000

10. 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

11. Intel® WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

12. Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive

Hey Guys

So which cooked mac should I download and install for the above.. I have the XxX Install DVD. Should I use that or any other like iDeneb / iatkos etc. ? and if anyone used before, what things in custom install should I MUST install for it to work minimal.. :unsure:

Screenshot of what XxX DVD has : http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot1a.jpg

thanks.. if it works I can post my experience here then.

Hey,

I have a 'Dell Studio 1537'. I bought and received it earlier this year. These are my specs:

BASE SYSTEM: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2GHz/800 FSB/ 2MB Cache)

DISPLAY: 15.4" Widescreen WXGA + WLED (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™ w/Camera

WEBCAM: Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Cam

MEMORY: 3GB (1X1GB + 1X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM

HARD DRIVES: 250GB SATA Hard Drive

INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE: Internal 8X DVD +/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

VIDEO CARD: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

AUDIO: Integrated Stereo Sound

WIRELESS NETWORK CARD: Inter® WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

BLUETOOTH: Dell™ Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

BATTERY: 6-cell Lithium Iron Primary Battery

KEYBOARD: Dell™ Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

MOUSE: Dell™ Bluetooth Travel Mouse

Are these supported with Mac OS X Leopard?

I read through all of this thread and a few others but I can't seem to find the answer.

I'm using the iPC 10.5.6 Universal instal on a Dell Studio 1535. I have everything working pretty much:

Ethernet: works (after I run the script)

Wifi: works perfect

x3100: I think it's working 1280x800... looks nice (any way I can make sure it's not Vesa?)

sound: cannot get it to work yet, the IDT 92HD73C1

webcam: can't find any info on how to get it to work

So first off, if anyone has any input to the above points for help, or a link... plz let me know

2 questions:

1) My fan is constantly on. I tried i8kfan v0.1 and v0.2 and neither work...

2) Since I am able to boot with no arguments.. does that mean both cores are working fine?

Thanks a bunch for all your work and help.. you guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys

I have the latest Dell Studio 1555 model.. Are there any drivers available for the following config

2. Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

4. Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9800 (2.93GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 6MB Cache)

5. Dell™ Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

6. 15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ and Built-in 2.0MP Web Cam

7. Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Cam

8. Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000

10. 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

11. Intel® WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

12. Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive

I think there is none for the Intel Wifi one.. What about the rest?? are they all compatible?

Which Wifi card can I replace my Intel one with? I did a search on ebay and could not find a half mini-card

Please help!!!

Hi,

Anyone can said me what is the experience after install leopard 10.5.6 on Dell Studio 15? I want to buy it if Leopard run. Sorry for my english.

In a Dell Studio 1555

Intel® Pentium® T4200 (2,0 GHz, 800 MHz, caché de 1 MB)

Intel Chipset & SATA

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics

IDT 92HD73C1 Audio Driver

Synaptics Touchpad

Creative Labs Integrated Webcam

Broadcom Lan Card Driver BCM5784M

Ricoh Card Reader R5C833

Dell Wireless WLAN 1397

I want to use xcode to do Iphone applications, only for this.

vorguees, should be safe enought if you use chameleon bootloader and pcefi9

fautmanu, any latest distro like iDeneb or iPC should be great for your laptop, not sure about the graphocs card though. Try looking here in forums

@ Mr. Krabs: Thanks, everything is ok.

I just wanted to know if something like this happens to anyone else using some of the Dell Kexts.

As I write a lot in spanish I decided to chage the Modifier key from the Win Key to the Alt Keys, so, I have my command Key in the Win Key.

Since my first installation, my win key tends to stuck as if it were pressed after 3 or 4 continuos taps to that key, (whether it has the command function or the modifier funciont assigned to it). THen I have to press the Win key + Alt key to "unstuck" it. I doesn't bother at all, once you get used to it. But something happened yesterday.

Yesterday I upgraded to 10.5.7 and some of my kexts (power manegement, Audio and wifi) were gone. I reinstalled the wifi kext (Dell Post Intaller 1.3.1), and started furfing the web, and I noticed the Win Key did not stuck at any time. Then I installed the power management (Post installer V3) and it also didn't affect the Win Key.

At last I installed the Audio Kext (HDA Enable and Apple HDA for the IDT Audio) and I caused to my Win Key to get Stuck again, I uninstalled it and Used the IDT Audio Option from the Post installer V3, and got the same results.

I'm wondering if this is happening to someone else, and if there is some way to fix this. Maybe an opened command in the kext script, or something like that.

Again, I want to thank you all for this progress and the opportunity to make this possible.

All this talk about Intel-based Studio 15's

How about AMD Based?

I have a Studio 1536 with AMD Turion X2 in there and an ATI 3450HD or 4350HD (I forget which now)

Do I even stand a chance on trying to install? I tried Kalyway's Disc for AMD/Intel and it didn't even boot!

I got a Studio 1535, it works great with Os X (10.5.4), I'm also looking for a Sound driver ( IDT 92HD73C1 ), It's all I need to make it perfect!

Who can we get help from?

Anyone with knowledge in compilation, that could help us?

This would make the Studio Series the perfect Hackbook with style...

what install disc did you use?

what install disc did you use?

The Ideneb V3. (10.5.5)...

Anyone for a work around the WinKey (with any function) sticking as if it was pressed? The problem is with the AppleHDA file. How could I check it for any command or line left open in the script?

Hope someone can help me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Dell Studio 1535 configured as follows

CPU : Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0GHz Dual Core CPU

RAM : 2GB

VGA : Mobility Radeon HD 3450

HDD : 160GB Samsung

Audio : IDT ( the usual model with Studio )

options : thumb, and the mobility radeon, no keyboard backlit or LED screen

I Installed iPC 10.5.6 but it only worked for one time, then it refuses to work at all, boots ok but jams with loading ( apple logo and the loading circle stops ), tried several installation with CPUS=1 and withtout, with Voodoo and without no luck at all it just repeat the jam every time !!

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to get it all pretty successfully installed onto my Dell Studio 1735 over the last day or 2, except of course for the Mobility Radeon HD driver. I've posted my experiences at the post linked to below if anyone is interested:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=174511

I see that a spotty random few people have gotten the Mobility Radeon HD card to work, but as I said it does seem quite random.

has anyone found a way to fix the resolution and get photobooth to work on the dell studio 1555? (note: the res i'm trying to achieve is the screen's native 1600 x 900)

Hi, could you fix the resolution on your 1555? is your graphic card an Intel graphics 4500? Thanks!

hey guys, i wanna say thanks for all the assistance here. i have 1 retarded issue on my dell 1535 w/intel x3100 graphics. the power management decides to come and go as it pleases, and most of the time its go. other than that i have a 100% working hackbook.

any suggestion on how to keep my power management. i'm running ideneb 10.5.5. dell 370 BT c2d 2ghz t5900 (i think) dell 1370 b/g, bb8900, and ethernet.

hey guys, i wanna say thanks for all the assistance here. i have 1 retarded issue on my dell 1535 w/intel x3100 graphics. the power management decides to come and go as it pleases, and most of the time its go. other than that i have a 100% working hackbook.

any suggestion on how to keep my power management. i'm running ideneb 10.5.5. dell 370 BT c2d 2ghz t5900 (i think) dell 1370 b/g, bb8900, and ethernet.

I've got a Studio 1737, with 4500 graphics. I've got sound, wireless, power management (of sorts, the fan seems to run constantly, and battery life is about half what it should be with the double size battery I have), I tried to get resolution switching but it yielded graphical defects so I'm waiting for further updates on that. I'm pretty happy. My Bluetooth even works.

I really hope someone gets the 4500mhd working at some point.

ok, i just killed and redid my leopard installation. i used ideneb 10.5.5 install with only the ichx fix and power management and vanilla kernal. everything else was installed via the dell post installer v3 and the usage of the unix script for bluetooth. everything works great, except for the finger scanner, sleep, and the unknowing of being able to update to 5.7.

if anyone has anyone has a fix for sleep, finger scanner and/or is able to update with no problems (obviously having to reinstall the kexts for sound and what not) please let me know.

thanks in advance