Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

Hi Boombeng,

Thanks for the tips, I will give this a go tonight.

Is there anyway I can import the drivers for the HD3650 from the iPC distro post install?

I'll worry about the Wireless and Audio later, most important bit is to get a basic install and the graphics working properly.

Is there anyway I can import the drivers for the HD3650 from the iPC distro post install?

I'll worry about the Wireless and Audio later, most important bit is to get a basic install and the graphics working properly.

The HD3650M in de ll studio 17 doesn't work with any drivers from any distro :rolleyes:

something to know ,

in case if i want to test the driver , i will install it using kext helper

but may i know also how to uninstall it easily ?

like grapphic driver ,

i going to try the 3650 de graphic driver and have a look that what will happen =)

Thx for reply =)

Last night I was playing around with my Hackintosh in order to get my ATI HD3650M to work.

I installed the driver package posted on the thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

My Hackingtosh now does recognize the card but when I reboot the screen is garbled.

Only when I do a safe boot I get a workable screen but can't do anything like calibrating or changing the resolution then.

I suspect that the OpenGL framework in the driver package is not working right.

Tonight I am going to restore the original configuration then only install the extension files leaving out the OpenGL files.

I am open to other suggestions if you have any and I will keep posting if I have it working correctly.

Last night I was playing around with my Hackintosh in order to get my ATI HD3650M to work.

I installed the driver package posted on the thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107526

My Hackingtosh now does recognize the card but when I reboot the screen is garbled.

Only when I do a safe boot I get a workable screen but can't do anything like calibrating or changing the resolution then.

I suspect that the OpenGL framework in the driver package is not working right.

Tonight I am going to restore the original configuration then only install the extension files leaving out the OpenGL files.

I am open to other suggestions if you have any and I will keep posting if I have it working correctly.

What do you mean with workable screen ? which resolution ?

May be only because you changed the graphics mode in boot.plist

ridgeline/boombeng (or anyone else who understands the kext changes for IDT audio),

I'm wondering if you can help with the IDT audio on the dell xps 13 (1340). It uses the same IDT codec as the 1535/1735, yet I've been unable to get it to work.

I used the exact same AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext packages that ridgeline bundled into the "Dell Studio Post Installer v3" package as a starting point (boombeng's modified applehda and the standard hdaenabler). With these two kexts, audio fails to initialize with the syslog message:

HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SPAudio support:Taruga
Sound assertion "0 == fInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 215 goto Exit1

I think this means the system is having trouble finding the codec at address 0 but that is the address reported from the codec dump.

I dumped the codec details with "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > file" and compared it to the posted codec dump for the 1735, here, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=31468 and the two laptops share all the same nodes, node IDs and functions. There are a couple bit differences in the pincaps but I don't think those should matter as they don't define the node functions and also the AppleHDA.kext modifications for the 1735 don't include pincaps in the ConfigData key in the AppleHDAController plugin anyways.

I think this means we should be able to use the sample AppleHDA.kext as the 1535/1735 laptops, even the same pathmap entries, no? One thing I'm confused about is why the PathMapID was set to 1 instead of 9 like it says it should be in this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127819

I even hand built pincaps from the codec dump and added those to AppleHDAController but it didn't make a difference.

Anyone have a clue why audio doesn't work at all for me? The 1340 uses a different high def audio device:

"High Definition Audio Controller" with 2 devices:
00:08.0 Audio device [0403]: nVidia Corporation Device [10de:0ac0] (rev b1)
 Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:0271]

And I'm a bit worried that the old 1.5.7 version of AppleHDA.kext that everyone is using is too old to support this hardware...

Codec dump attached.

codec_1340.txt

Only getting 1024x768 resolution in safe boot. Can't change it and can adjust the color profile either. I think I might need something for Leopard to identify the monitor capabilities as well.

I'll fiddle a bit more with it this evening if I have time.

i do well by using the way provide by ridgeline recently ,

simply download OS x86 tools

then change the boot.plist setting to 1440x900x32

then the resolution u get will be 1152x864

at least better than 1024x768

but base on u don't have a grapphic card ,

i think you may still not able to play games , use software relate to grapphic ( mac will restrict you to open ), and also watch video...

remember at the setting don't add this ~ @60Hz

you will in trouble with this...

hope this help...

Hi All,

Because there seem to be a number of people who have issues with the ATI HD 3650/3450M on Dell Studio Laptops I have created a new thread purely dedicated to getting this card to work.

Hopefully this way we can keep better track of the progress on this particular issue on it's own.

Anyone who wants to contribute their 2 cents to this topic please check out:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157842

Sound assertion "0 == fInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 215 goto Exit1

So I'm thinking this error is what is preventing the audio from working, and it's because there are two codecs associated with the 1 audio controller, 1 with address 0 and one with address 3. On the xps 1340 there is the same IDT codec as the 1535/1735 but there's also an nvidia HDMI codec, both sharing the same audio controller.

I tried adding the 2nd codec to AppleHDAController's info.plist but that didn't make a difference. Does anyone know if HDAEnabler can be made to work when there are two codecs on one controller? It doesn't seem like anyone has been able to get audio to work in this situation.

Linux just added support for HDMI audio on the nvidia mcp79, so I've attached a codec dump for the 2nd codec here.

audio.codec3.txt

When you installed your codec and enabler did you go in and delete the others first? If not delete the AppleHDA and HdaEnabler kext and also in the /System/Library/Extensions.mkext delete that file. repair permissions reboot and try tp reinstall your audio drivers what release of are you using for the OS?

When you installed your codec and enabler did you go in and delete the others first? If not delete the AppleHDA and HdaEnabler kext and also in the /System/Library/Extensions.mkext delete that file. repair permissions reboot and try tp reinstall your audio drivers what release of are you using for the OS?
Yes, I certainly took out the stock AppleHDA.kext, and didn't have an HDAEnabler to begin with. I also am up on the ownership/permissions for kext and am religiously rm -rf'ing Extensions.mkext and the Cache as I try different things :)

I'm using the XxX 10.5.6 distribution, which seems pretty vanilla, and is the only distribution I could find that handled booting off of nvidia sata devices.

I know that the AppleHDA you're using is from 10.5.5 - does anyone have the 10.5.6 version working with HDAEnabler?

How come your/boombang's hdaenabler doesn't have the pinconfig filled in under ConfigData in AppleHDAController's Info.plist?

Not sure as to why boombengs is like that. Send me you pinconfig and I will take a look at it. Been awhile I may be a bit rusty..lol But So before you tried mine you took out the stock one and did you remove mine before you installed boombengs?

So I'm thinking this error is what is preventing the audio from working, and it's because there are two codecs associated with the 1 audio controller, 1 with address 0 and one with address 3. On the xps 1340 there is the same IDT codec as the 1535/1735 but there's also an nvidia HDMI codec, both sharing the same audio controller.

I tried adding the 2nd codec to AppleHDAController's info.plist but that didn't make a difference. Does anyone know if HDAEnabler can be made to work when there are two codecs on one controller? It doesn't seem like anyone has been able to get audio to work in this situation.

Linux just added support for HDMI audio on the nvidia mcp79, so I've attached a codec dump for the 2nd codec here.

Hi bcc9,

I can not really help you with this issue who seems to be quiet new for HDA hacking (2 codecs on 1 controler). I'm also surprised it doesn't work with only the IDT codec, I thought it would just not enable hdmi.

If you want to compare, here is the 2 audio device in lspci of a dell studio 1535 :

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series] [1002:aa28]

As you can see there are 2 different device, the Intel chipset controler and the graphic card one. I guess you only have the Intel one because you have an integrated nVidia... ?

Also, may be Rdgeline will be able to help you, but you should post your issue in a thread readen by audio gurus :)

Good luck

EDIT I didn't see Ridge did answer you while I was posting lol

Not sure as to why boombengs is like that. Send me you pinconfig and I will take a look at it. Been awhile I may be a bit rusty..lol But So before you tried mine you took out the stock one and did you remove mine before you installed boombengs?
I thought boombeng's AppleHDA.kext was identical to what you put in your installer? I'll send my pinconfigs, but if what you bundled works without any pinconfig data, then I'm wondering whether it's still necessary to manually configure it as of the 10.5.5 kext, or whether the driver is now getting the information dynamically.

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)
 01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series] [1002:aa28]

Yes those are different controllers and you have 2 whereas I only have 1. Seems like AppleHDAController should pick up the controller OK as it's using an IOPCIClassMatch with a match string of 0x04020000&0xFFFE0000 that should match the 0403 class above, or with my nvidia audio controller.
Also, may be Rdgeline will be able to help you, but you should post your issue in a thread readen by audio gurus :)
Thanks, I wasn't sure where to post; this thread seemed the most appropriate as it details the exact same IDT codec. Do you think the general IDT thread is best or one of the HD audio threads? None of those threads seem to be for support or development of new configs...

I thought boombeng's AppleHDA.kext was identical to what you put in your installer? I'll send my pinconfigs, but if what you bundled works without any pinconfig data, then I'm wondering whether it's still necessary to manually configure it as of the 10.5.5 kext, or whether the driver is now getting the information dynamically.

I thought also... I remember trying to add PinConfig (from Vista) in configdata but it didn't change anything, even without any values in ConfigData

Do you think the general IDT thread is best or one of the HD audio threads? None of those threads seem to be for support or development of new configs...

King's thread and Age-Sabre's one are good place I think

But If Ridge is on the line I'm sure you will have sound very soon :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've been so happy with my d'Book (Mac on my Dell Studio), but I'd like to ask if some one have solved the Sleep Issue?

I've been searching in the forums, some got it working on other (previous models) Dell Laptops, but nothing on XPS or Studio

In my laptop, when it tries to sleep, screen keeps on(freezes) and when I press any key it "comes back" but my trackpad is dead. Until now I've been using the Insomnia app to keep my laptop from sleeping when closing the lid, but I've been wondering if the Sleep function could work.

I would also like to know how the "Hibernation" from the update to 10.5.6 works.... I have also searched for it, but it kind of confuses me.

Thank you all for this great achievment in the Dell Studio Project!

I have tried both enablers bcm_43xx and 0.5pre1, with kalyway 10.5.2 and atikos i4 but no luck at all. If you make it please share your experience.

For a dual boot try this: http://klarkommen.blogerei.de/archives/1-T...oot-System.html

i had some issues with the wireless also. I used the bcm43xx_enabler.sh then rebooted, typing in "update -v" at the darwin prompt and it worked. If it doesn't for you, dl the original io811family.kext (ii know the names wrong, but you know what i mean) or use pacifist to pull it from the kalyway 5.2 disk, install it, then run the script, then reboot with update-v. it took me awhile, but somhoe i got the right combo and now all im missing is a hd3400 driver, which we all look forward to seeing.

Has anyone compiled what is working for a Dell Studio 1537? There are 21 pages of info and 10 different drivers I should pick from. I've got iDeneb up and running but no drivers are installed(really only care about wifi, graphic card and sound). If anyone can point me to this compiled information let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hey Guys

I have the latest Dell Studio 1555 model.. Are there any drivers available for the following config

2. Dell™ Backlit Keyboard with Touchpad (English)

4. Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9800 (2.93GHz/ 1066 FSB/ 6MB Cache)

5. Dell™ Wireless 370 Bluetooth Module

6. 15.6 " 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLife™ and Built-in 2.0MP Web Cam

7. Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Cam

8. Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000

10. 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

11. Intel® WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card

12. Slot Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive

I think there is none for the Intel Wifi one.. What about the rest?? are they all compatible?

Which Wifi card can I replace my Intel one with? I did a search on ebay and could not find a half mini-card

Please help!!!

Video will not webcam will don't know about the backlight on the keyboard but it should function as a keyboard at least. Bluetooth shows up but will not work for some reason... and your ethernet will work..... You will get the vesa video which will limit you to 1024x768 until the mobility video cards are fixed and working.