Mac OS X 10.5.4 Released

osxfan156

65 posts in this topic

Same here - update with no problem and no reinstall of kexts...

Is it just me or is this kind of weird. Every update so far, have to be real careful with backups etc.

All of a sudden OS X is running very well on stock machines. Wonder why.

Apple's gotta make it easy for companies like Psystar, ya know! :)

(or perhaps Apple reads these boards and realizes what a force we've become, and is going with the old "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality and silently helping us)

the 9.4 kernel finally solved the black screen delay @ boot here on my Toshi which has been occurring with the 10.5.3 Vanilla kernel (but not with other kernels) :)

haha nice background john demented, whered you get it?

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=date Lot of nice ones.

InterfaceLIFT, I have the same one.

Stay on topic please.

I would recommend all you Hackintoshers to stay away from the update until a pro like Netkas confirms it. As J0hn Demented might have just edited the files, "System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist"

Gee, I am glad I could have been of use and part of this wonder group.

What about the people on 10.5.3 Kalyway using hacked kernels? :)

I am not sure. I always used a vanilla on this system. You have an intel system so why arent you able to run a vanilla system? (aka vanilla kernel?)

I am not sure. I always used a vanilla on this system. You have an intel system so why arent you able to run a vanilla system? (aka vanilla kernel?)

offtopic: any hints how can I run vanilla kernel? I boot OSX via grub/pcefi_v8 (modbin 9.3.0). Vanilla kernel just crashes on boot.