10.5.4 is released !

207 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I might have done a mistake here.

I was running 10.5.3 vanilla on a Asus P5W DH.

launched the Apple Software Update to 10.5.4 and restarted.

no I am stuck in the loop asking to reboot.

I tried "update -v" at the boot prompt, but it doesn't do anything (I guess I don't have an update kernel).

when I just use "-v" or "vanilla -v", it starts booting but get stuck at an error message of some kind.

----------------------------

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x.....) "No HPETs available... CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-39/pmThread.c:100

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies)

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(9.39.0)

----------------------------

and it stays at this message showing the Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Wed Oct 31 17:46:22 PDT 2007 ....

System model name: P5W DH Deluxe

Did I screw up so much that I have to reinstall everything or can I go to some manual mode to change some config files or switch back to old kernel?

Went from Kalyway 10.5.2 to Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update then updated to 10.5.4 from the software update, now I’m stuck in the endless boot I have to type update –v after F8.Also my kernel stayed at 9.2. 

Video is working at same resolution as before but I don’t get transparent effect that I use to have.

Been searching the forum for the past 2 days and did not find a fix.. 

Dell XPS Gen 3

Intel P4 3.2GHz HT 

Intel 925X Based Motherboard

3Gig’s of ram

XFX GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB DDR3

Sound Blaster Live 24 External  

I had the exact same problem and couldn't fix it. Seems its a kernel issue and nobody knows how to change (extensive forum searches have proved this) the kernel from 9.2.0 to either a vanilla 9.4.0 or modbin 9.4.0.

osx86tools says it updates the kernel but upon reboot there is the same issue and kernel hasn't actually changed at all.

Solution unfortunately is the re-install. I'm back on 10.5.3 and I think I'm going to have to wait for a new Kalyway 10.5.4 combo update.

hey all,

i need help updating my system.

My System is kalyway 10.5.2

uname -a brings up this information

Darwin TheLeopard 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

which method should i chose?

thanks a lot

• 1 year later...