Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro

Swad

231 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the title and purpose of this thread is "Help Mashugly Get a MacBook Pro".

Maybe you should start a new thread somewhere else, AppleLegal. Just a thought.

edit: I don't want to get into any arguments, but it seems as though you have some problems/issues with the site which would be better addressed elsewhere, if at all. Remember, this is a free site, if you don't want to help out, don't. If you don't like it, go somewhere else, start your own even.

I don't think you're comments here are productive, but maybe they can be in another thread.

cheers

Sampson-

In the future, if you have a problem with the way I've set up the site, please approach me with it personally - I'm always open for constructive criticism. Hijacking of threads, flamebaiting, and insulting handfuls of people generally doesn't make you look too good. :angry: Arrogance mixed with ignorance is always a bad combination.

1. How will a MBP help the site? Just as an example, I wanted to make a Boot Camp How-To when it first came out but was unable to since I didn't have a Macintel.

2. I was not exploiting my position on this forum at all. I let people know I was working to get an MBP and asked if they would help. Anyone is welcome to do the exact same things I did - make a post and put a link in their sig.

3. If you'd do your homework and check the authors of the articles for the main page, you'll find that the vast majority of them were written by me - almost 140 of them. And as for sitting back and letting the staff run the site... if you'll notice I've got the highest post count on the board and if you ask the staff, you'll tell them that I'm constantly revising things and putting in place new ideas. Not very hands-off management when you think about it.

4. Your attack on Shard was pointless and way off base. There was a lot more to the IRC drama than what you're aware, but that's way behind us. Our IRC channel is back to its former glory... and actually quite a bit better.

5. When did I ever "make" someone sign up for digg? When a new article is posted that has info that can't be found anywere else that I think the digg community would like, I usually let everyone know in IRC and ask them to digg it. It's totally voluntary and just a fun way to bring cool news to a wider audience. The initial news about the TPM, Apple's hidden message to hackers... all of these great stories that got a lot of online press did so because they hit digg first. It also improves the quality of the site because it bring more members, which means more help, support, drivers, work, etc. I hardly see how this is a bad thing.

6. On the site funds... the money from adsense goes to paying for the upkeep of our dedi, our staff/test server, domain name purchases (we're up to almost 30), and the cost of paying designers for the design of certain parts of the site (ie forum skinning, etc). When you add all of that up, there's very little left over, but when we have extra we give it back to the community (as we'll be doing in a few weeks). It also will help us buy software and hardware to test (something we're hoping to start very soon) as the site matures.

Anyway, to all those who helped me get the money for the MBP, which I will be buying in August/September with Rev. B, thanks. I really appreciate the help. Expect great things to come!

Thread closed.