Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

Donw35

251 posts in this topic

Can find it at your usual places.

Very simple and easy, worked for me, no problems.

1- install comboupdate ! don't restart

2- install kalyway kernel pkg ! choose kernel you need for your pc ! (if you want keep your old 9.2 kernel so install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel

3- reboot and type update -v and cross the fingers !

if you stuck at bsd root after reboot ! so type "update -v" without quote at f8 darwin prompt ! it should work !

caution : you may experienced boot problem related to gfx card ! especially with 7xxx nvidia series and ati ! if happen type -v -x

try this update at you own risk !!!!!!!!

Thanks parachute

Now i have QE & CI Enabled

But in my system profile show this now:

I Can Has Model?:

Modelo de chipset: I Can Has Model?

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: PCIe

Anchura de canal PCIe: x16

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0422

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

How can i change the phrase I Can Has a Model? with my nvidia 8400GS Card?

Thanks Again

If I follow this method, don't I need to move any kext file before installing the combo update?

or don't I need to follow these steps?

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

once update finished, press ctrl-c in terminal window, to stop script, don’t press restart !

after it, open this file in textedit - /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

find there string /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

and replace with this string /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext or r3d3 if u use r3d3.

If you use Kalyway you do not need to do those steps, when you run the kernel pkg it does it for you.

Thanks for your quick reply :(

Actually I am downloading the Combo Update from official site, and already downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.3 Kernel pkg.

In this case, will it work?

I was using 10.5.2 and used the Kalyway 10.5.3 update package. I did everything per the instructions. When I rebooted and typed "update -v", all I ended up getting was "waiting for root device" over and over and over, etc.

I then tried rebooting and tried to press F8 and the Darwin prompt. It didn't do anything but go to the "Grey" Apple screen and then after a few minutes the Zero with the Slash through it showed up.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get my root device to be seen again?

Thanks!

Mine blocks on "Extention "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency: using version 6.0."

Does anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it? I can use the single user mode.

Hi!!!

I used the comboupdate made by JaS and will works fine! all 100%

Search in google by JaS OSx86 10.5.3 ComboUpdate+SMB Fix

I have tested in Kalyway 10.5.2, Leo4All V3 10.5.2 and Jas 10.5.2

i don't find this kalyway update. where you dowload it?

bye!

maicon

Hey Spiderman, it seems that the AHCI driver cannot be found in the combo updater, if you switched your drive to use regular IDE, it should be able to pick up the root device.

Guys I've updated to 10.5.3 but I'm still using ToH 9.2.0 kernel (or maybe it's 9.2.2 I don't remember). Is there a 9.3.0 ToH kernel?

I updated using the Jas 10.5.3 combo update and no problems to report. I did have to replace the audio kexts for sound. Now in my case it didn't update the kernel, so I exacted the 9.3 kernel from the apple combo update and then replaced the old 9.2.2 kernel with the new 9.3.0 via kext helper and the reboot. Bang! I'm runnin' 9.3.0 and all is good.

Chevy

Hey Spiderman, it seems that the AHCI driver cannot be found in the combo updater, if you switched your drive to use regular IDE, it should be able to pick up the root device.

Guys I've updated to 10.5.3 but I'm still using ToH 9.2.0 kernel (or maybe it's 9.2.2 I don't remember). Is there a 9.3.0 ToH kernel?

In the 2nd .pkg of Kalyway's 10.5.3 Combo Update are the kernels, including 9.3.0 hacked (tohkernel). I'm using it now after re-installing NVInject from their website and restoring permissions. Works great!

Mine blocks on "Extention "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency: using version 6.0."

Does anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it? I can use the single user mode.

hey man, rebooting with -f -v worked for me thanks to SG's help. hope it works for you.