ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hi there, my apologies if this question sounds a lil n00bish but, I just added an EAH3650 Silent Magic to a Dell Dimension 8400 that I recently acquired. I just finished installing Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD and everything seemed fine but, once it reboots, I get the grey Apple screen loading for about 20 seconds and then it freezes. Next I hear the system setup music playing but, I cannot configure the OS at all because all I can see is the frozen grey Apple screen. I assume this is just because the video is not loading. Should I be seeing the setup screen here? Do I need to add or edit a kext file or something? Do I need to boot the OS another way and then install the driver? Do I need a different video card to install the driver? How do I install the driver if I cannot set up my OS? Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

-s*

Hey Spacekebab i just got the 3650hd yesterday with device id 9598 what i did to get it to work is i used the old driver thats on the first page. firstly boot on safe boot and delete any ATI related kext or anything with ati on it at least thats what i did then it will boot on normal then install the driver you downloaded hope it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. After trying lots of other stuff, your suggestion worked for me very well.

Just one more small, minor problem. I have my DPL projector hooked up to the component jacks via the S-video plug. Any ideas how to get the second monitor to show via component? It does show that I have a second display, but I figure thats for the other DVI port. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have an Asus HD3650.

Thanks

Omallymac

I have updated my system to 10.5.5, and ran software update where there is an ATI Firmware update for HD 2600 XT cards. I have an HD 2600 Pro in my computer and am wondering if this is showing up due to the fact that System Profiler shows my card as a XT instead and if there is any fix for this. Thanks

It seems that there are quite a lot of people requesting a solution for the ATI HD3450 so I was wondering if theres a guideline or something like that how you can proceed to find a working solution. Which information is needed and which parts of the kext have to be edited and so on. I think if we all work together it should be possible to work something out! So please guys, just give us some advice how we can get forward with that :poster_oops:

hey, lastexile.

asus m2npv-vm, 3850 256, x2 2.1GHz.

ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 on an IDE drive

it boots, gets to a blue screen and stays there. 'busy' cursor comes up every few seconds.

under linux, i saw in the logs:

in windowserver.log that it tries to load x2000 server again and again

in syslog , it says that loginwindow crashes, in an other log i saw that it was getting an EXC_BADACCESS. i tried to google but nohting

any assistance?

if i can't boot into osx, can i pass the .pkg from the boot command line, with the .pkg in an sdcard?

can i copy the files somehow in the osx partition under system/library?

thank you, thank you

hey, lastexile

i have downloaded the

ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP - 10.5.5

Device ID: 9515

Download

for my sapphire HD 3850 AGP 512 MB GDDR3 with DI:95051002

and i have installed it on my hacintosh leo4allv3 running on

Motherboard Name---: Asus P4P800 Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 WiFi, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394) with

Motherboard Chipset-: Intel Springdale i865PE

CPU Type------------- : Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

System Memory------: 3328 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Disk Drive-------------: ST3500641AS (465 GB, IDE) for some reason it say IDE but 4 sure it is SATA hmmm

now i have AGPGart.kext NAtit.kext installed <--- dont look @ me, i have no clue what they are, but i needed to install AGPGart.kext to even have leo running, natit.kext did not add or fix or break any thing, any way

now when i downloaded the above file, and installed it , then rebooted this happend:

boots all the way to mounting the ntfs hd's on my system, then a fast glitch to the screen happen, and it freeze after that , no error or indication from os of kp, to fix this (broken bootup) i do the fallowing:

on the same drive i have xp on another partition, i boot to it using acronis boot selector, then i remove the driver from /system/library/extensions from mac partition using TransMac, reboot to my mac and i am back to my desktop.

my question: do i need to do something else to get the driver running correctly ? thanx a lot

Reporting to be:

ATI Radeon 2600 XT 512 PCIe ! ????

When in fact is a:

ATI Radeon HD 2600PRO 512 PCIe !

TOMETO - TOMATO!!! :D

Rotation working 100% with DUAL DVI Monitors without VGA adapters

This is great upgrade!

Thank's !

post-18011-1224137045_thumb.png

Hi LastExile and others ;)

LastExile, I'm still waiting for you to modify the link you gave us for the HD2900GT as it goes nowhere...

I really would like to test it this week as I certainly would not have enough time soon to try again that sort of stuff...

m2npv-vm with a 3850 here. so if anyone has issues, i *might* be able to help

you can't add drivers using the installer if you are running the system you want to update...

i booted the install dvd ideneb 1.3 10.5.5

opened the terminal from the utilities

mounted the ntfs partition which had the driver

unziped the package to the osx partition

did install -pkg ATI\ blah.pkg -target /Volumes/osx/

i rebooted and it worked just fine, QE works

wireless worked (RTL8187L) with no problem

something is wrong with ethernet (it kills the card, i don't even see lights)

keyboard and mouse drivers from logitech updated fine

sound doesn't work, nothing reported in system profiler

thanks for your hard work lastExile