Kalyway Hackintosh 10.5.3 Combo Update

56 posts in this topic

I installed the 10.5.3 combo update from Kalyway. Now I am unable to boot into leopard, also tried all options specified in readme. My PC config is

Intel Core 2 Du0

1 GB DDR2

Nvidia 7200 GS

Please help.

I installed it over a 10.5.2 kalaway install and everything worked perfect used the vanilla kernel and the only issue I had was with CI/QE and I resolved thanks to the link given above was a breeze getting QE/CI enabled! . The only issue I am having is while repairing permissions it says reading permissions and then after a few minutes it starts repairing it. Do not know whats the reason never happened before although rest of the stuff is working the same as before.

I installed it over a 10.5.2 kalaway install and everything worked perfect used the vanilla kernel and the only issue I had was with CI/QE and I resolved thanks to the link given above was a breeze getting QE/CI enabled! . The only issue I am having is while repairing permissions it says reading permissions and then after a few minutes it starts repairing it. Do not know whats the reason never happened before although rest of the stuff is working the same as before.

WHAT LINK ABOVE??????????

Macgirl - Is it safe to update on the xps 1330? I have leo4allv2 installed.

Sure if you are using PC EFI, but visit my guide to know which kext to backup and restore.

n00b question.

If the update goes bad for any reason. Is it possible to reinstall Mac OS X (leo4allv3) and keep all my personal settings and apps I have installed, Or would I need to start all over again?

Thanks

I installed the 10.5.3 update with no problems (thanks Kalyway!), but I have a question. According to this:

http://googlemac.blogspot.com/2008/05/mac-...e-contacts.html

the update should include a mod to Address Book which includes google sync in the preferences, but the one from the Kalyway update doesn't have it (I know it's a tiny thing, but just interested). I even opened the update with Pacifist, and installed it manually, and it doesn't have it. Any ideas why?

My setup: IBM/Lenovo T60 laptop.

Thanks.

6/30/2008 UPDATE:

After gradual deterioration and recent crashes I have reloaded my Kalyway 10.5.2 full install. After apps started quitting, and refusing to start, I gave up and will wait for awhile before I try again. It really looked like the 10.5.3 updater was fine, but it gradually degraded to unusuable.

I've read all the advice and instructions in this thread for applying the Apple download 10.5.3 combo update. I also saw the new Kalyway 10.5.3 combo update announced yesterday. Weighing the two choices, I must say I have had mainly good things to say about the three previous Kalyway mods I have installed (first 10.5.1 followed by the 10.5.2 updater, and finally I installed Kalyways 10.5.2 full package over top of my previous setup... I had had minor concerns with start up speed and thought what the heck, why not?) That said I went for the new Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Updater. Found it sitting by the bay.

Kalyways instructions included the following:

1. Install combo update! Don't restart!

2. Install kalyway kernel package! Choose the kernel you need for your pc! (if you want to keep your old 9.2 kernel install this pkg without selecting 9.3 kernel!!!) <my note: there are only 2 choices; vanilla 9.3, and modbin 9.3, the latter with more text description than I have listed here.>

3.reboot and type update -v and cross your fingers!

He finished with the following advice if your reboot hangs up in some way...

"If you stuck at bsd root after reboot! so type 'update -v' without quote at f8 darwin prompt! It should work!

caution: you may experienced boot problem related to gfx card! especially with 7xxx nvidia series and ati! if happen type -v -x

try this update at your own risk !!!!!!!"

I backed up my current drive using SuperDuper! and ran the Kaly 10.5.3 combo updater and when it finished (about 3 minutes later) I ran the kernel package next. I picked the vanilla 9.3 kernel and installed it, and when it was done, dismissed the "finished" window. I next pressed the restart button on the combo updater-installer window. and was off to the races.

I crossed my fingers.

My reboot hung for about 20 seconds then white text notified me that an error in the restart process had happened, but I was next greeted with the full restart. Normal startup brought me to the Darwin boot loader, where I pressed a key and was presented the darwin prompt. I entered update -v, pressed enter and watched the fast scrolling of all the descriptive system responses. I must say it did not go problem free as several patches of scrolling text came back as yellow instead of white on black. Eventually a couple of minutes later the screen changed to the blue background and a few seconds after that I was back on my normal mac desktop.

Whew. I tried a full restart again and the system processed through and brought me back online in 20 seconds from darwin prompt to desktop, everything loaded.

Remarks;

Very easy for me to handle the 10.5.3 update using the Kalyway package. I would have stressed more using the Apple Combo Updater.

My sound and and other settings survived the update with no need to reinstall any of my prior modded kexts.

Making a full backup of my prior system allowed me to feel safe to update... It is nice to have the backup even though I didn't need it... this time.

In retrospect, I think the Kalyway updater is the easier way to go

post-225382-1212208315_thumb.png

It must contain the Leopard Graphics Update.

It screws up GMA950 displays.

No you need to replace " AppleIntelintegratedframebuffer.kext" with your backup up copy. Hint it's from Tiger . This has been needed for every Leopard update. It's possible some hack updates may do it for you or offer a package for 950 graphics not sure.

I have update to 10.5.3 when restart it work fine.but have some problem in dock,when i move the cursor to dock about 3 second.The machine is freeze anybody get any idea?

Asus A8jp

1.83 Ghz

Ram 2 GB

ATI Mobility x1700

Hi Kalyway,

Nice work, but after upgrade I can't to burn nothing, Toast or PopCorn dont want to work, other soft (office, CS3,..) work very well and fast.

Any suggestions!

Thank you!

I'm having the same issue. I'm installing 10.5.3 on a brand new drive and then I'm going to re-install Toast and see if I get it to run. It just closes, almost like it's a broken PPC app. {censored}'s brand new and worked with 10.5.2 Combo Update.

I'm having the same issue. I'm installing 10.5.3 on a brand new drive and then I'm going to re-install Toast and see if I get it to run. It just closes, almost like it's a broken PPC app. {censored}'s brand new and worked with 10.5.2 Combo Update.

Are your permissions OK?

Open Disk Utility -> select the hard disk ->Repair permissions

This release killed my perfectly working install of 10.5.2 (Kalyway).

It froze during install and a hard reboot couldn't be avoided.

Needless to say that my system was unusable afterwards.

Anyway, I wanted to rearrange everything, as a 180GB partition for an OS that I don't use a lot wasn't justified.

Using NVinject .41 to get back QE

Found this in another thread....

Up and running with old kexts and 10.5.3 WOOT!

only issue I've found is screensaver won't turn on (even at 3 minutes) but energy saver does. Test option in screensaver menu works

Thanks nadavt. I will check that out.

I was able to get nvinject working by using this nvinstaller package

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/100669894/NVInstallerV.41.pkg

with pacifist selecting both Contents of macbookPro105.pkg and also Contents of 512.pkg (I have a 512MB card) and installing.

Another thread here discusses this method.