Kalyway Hackintosh 10.5.3 Combo Update

56 posts in this topic

The only problem is that now my 512MB GeForce 8600 is being reported as only having 256MB.

if you didn't solve this problem by now, go to http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php and get the 512 kext.

also, you can try to modify the Info.plist of the nvinject kext; follow the instructions over there about getting the right memory out of your video card (it works for 8600 series too, even if they provide the intructions for 8800; just modify/add the VRAM,totalsize value to the file).

using nvinject0.2.0 i managed to get my 8800GTX/768MB to wk just fine

also, modifying the nvinject Info.plist i got my other hackintosh use the 512 MB out of the 8600gts i have.

NOTE that i didn't have to modify the plist after the 10.5.3 combo update!

LAST EDIT: that NVinject 0.2.0 gave me frags in 3D games; i also tested NVkush, same thing there. After the 10.5.3 kalyway combo upd, the only thing that worked on my Secondary hTosh was NVInstallerV.41. I removed the old nvinject and GForce kexts, then installed it. Everything goes smooth again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kalyway,

update works great, but I cannot start anymore without using update -v... if I start without it it shows 3 lines with something like EFI.... and immediately restarts the computer.

If that is the only way, is there a way to add the update -v in the boot sequence, maybe the com.apple.boot.plist??

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Kalyway,

update works great, but I cannot start anymore without using update -v... if I start without it it shows 3 lines with something like EFI.... and immediately restarts the computer.

If that is the only way, is there a way to add the update -v in the boot sequence, maybe the com.apple.boot.plist??

Thanks,

Alex

I'm the same as rexexdesign, can't boot without update -v included.

Just get the gray apple screen, then a reboot straight away. Could this be due to selecting the Vanilla kernel?

I have no idea if this will work, but yeah, try adding "update -v" to your com.apple.Boot.plist under the Kernel Flags string. It might work.

• 4 weeks later...

The update doesn't work for me. :lol: It freezes at the "Running Installer Script" section. When I say freeze, the installer is still responding (cause the progress bar animation keeps going) but it's been sitting with "Install time remaining: About a minute" for about the last 20 minutes. Any suggestions?