Software Update Utility by Zephyroth (For AMD/Intel Systems)

78 posts in this topic

I get the following error message with both v0.4 and v0.5: "The variable tout_le_fichier is not defined (-2753)". I'm on AMD64 with Leo4All 10.5.2 on a Dell e521. I'd be happy to provide further system information as necessary if it would help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have installed Zephyroth 10.5.2 for AMD machines, how to update this to latest version of HackOS? I have nothing installed updates on this system... Only clear installed system

Much thanks!

@sorry for English

Just updated my kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 combo update using v0.5 updater. Took the risk on my only partition and it worked like a charm, just had to reinstall audio drivers and that was it. Fully working 10.5.4 on ASUS M2N32-Sli Deluxe, AMD X2 5200+ , 2GB DDR2 667, various SATA HDDs. Happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Downloading iLife as we speak.

P.S. Xbox360 livecam works a treat as an iSight (absolutely no kexts required!!! it just works PnP), now i just need a mic and I'll be all good.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to update my 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 but it wont boot now :)

In verbose mode it gets as far as the attached screen:

Anyone have an ideas what's wrong ?

A lot of people are having problems with the combo update.

A side note you may want to resize your screenshots as 2526x1031 is way to big...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Driftmonster, thanks for the heads-up! Toyed with this on Intel Core 2-based system with Leo4allV3 (10.5.2) - too afraid to select the OS X update so I tried Quicktime 7.5, checked the Intel Installation button but had the same/similar error to ironduke.

So am I right in saying that this is ONLY designed to install actual updates to the OS and not additional software (i.e. Quicktime/iMovie)? I'll try an update to a leo4Allv3 in a virtual machine and see what happens :P

Hmm, adding to my last post it seems that the error I'm getting:

AppleScript Error

ls: *.pkg: No such file or directory (1)

Occurs for every software update on both my laptop and desktop using Zephyroth's v0.5 release. I looked for the download folder listed in the program log file but can only get to:

/private/var/folders/0j/<mahoosive collection of characters>/-Caches-/ and the next folder "com.apple.SoftwareUpdate" does not exist to continue the trace.

It seems to download the whole file and then... mysteriously lose it..?

It did used to be available over on another website but for some reason the link has been removed. You can get a copy from a few of the latest OS X builds available to download in the usual places (i.e. iDeneb 10.5.4 has this utility) if you set all invisible files to visible you can browse to the installer for the update utility. Should be called ASU.pkg.

It did used to be available over on another website but for some reason the link has been removed. You can get a copy from a few of the latest OS X builds available to download in the usual places (i.e. iDeneb 10.5.4 has this utility) if you set all invisible files to visible you can browse to the installer for the update utility. Should be called ASU.pkg.

man, attach the ASU here please, file unavailable now from anywhere, so others can get it only after reloading...

Haha, yeah, attaching it would have been prudent :( well since there's a copy here now I suppose there's no need. I was half sure all other web links to it were removed purposefully, no one has confirmed this though. I still can't get it to work for my intel Core-based machines.

Well to do that I believe you have to click the "intel installation" checkbox but I keep getting applescript errors as described above. For the hell of it I didn't tick intel install, and it downloaded and installed the update (and of course, destroyed OS X) maybe it's not implemented yet?

Yea, when i used it last it did not seem to work very well. I am not sure if i used it wrong but it did not seem to install or install correctly. I did brick my first install so i am not sure. But i could have done it wrong.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

hello everyone,

I have a HP 6715b

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile™ Technology-processor TL-60 2GHZ

screen:15,4-tums WSXGA+

ram: 2gb ddr2 667mhz

wifi:Broadcom 802.11b/g

grafic:ATI Radeon X1250

hdd: 160gb

I need to know what zephyroth should I install to work on my laptop and what update ( can you post here the links ? and a documentation how to do it ? ) I know you already have all docs links, zephyroth image link and all updates and necessary things that I need to install this OS on my machine...

This will be my first try, so please, help me and sorry for the offtopic.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Why isn't there a small homepage or main thread on this?

Where can I download this?

There used to be one but it's gone these days...

Look for it on google...

• 4 months later...