Hard to believe but update in the works

eddie11c

120 posts in this topic

Good evening Eddie!

And thanks for a great Distro. Ran into trouble with the Apple update to 10.5.3. Couldn't stop it and after it hung up, got kernel panics and then system lockup. Redid the distro after salvaging my downloads (system is dualboot).

Anyway, I am awaiting the non-EFI version as I have an older Celeron 2.6 desktop with the 845 chipset. It does the reboot thing described previously.

If you could use some help, I a few machines I can play with above and beyond my Dual core. One is the Celeron mentioned above; another is an old 1.4 GB AMD Athlon (Thunderbird). :) This one is probably too old. I have two laptops (a Celeron and a P4) I could try this on. Let me know if I can be of help in testing.

Best regards!

Will Rogers

hey eddie!

just wondering whether you´re including the possibility of updating to 10.5.3 for your leo4all v3 "customers" with your upcoming update? :o

nooblike some clicks install would be phantastic!

regards,

rramon

First: I don't know what you all have with the x3100-Driver, the one on Leo4all works on my Laptop like a Charm....

Anyway, something to cool down the laptop would be great, like an Option to not install the Thermo and Co. kexts...

• 2 weeks later...
How about waiting until 10.5.4 to release this? It sounds like it is supposed it be out within a couple of weeks from now.
I agree, that woud be nice to see 10.5.4 instead of 10.5.3 included. There are not much improvements in 10.5.3 anyway. Eddie11, please include 10.5.4 if you get your hands on it. Thanks!!!:)

Would really like to get my motherboard supported, the ASUS P5N-D, 750i SLI chipset, really would appreciate to get the next version of Leo4all working out of the box for everything on this board, i.e. the 750i chipset.. we are experiencing some problems installing the leo4allv3 on this board, added support for LAN and the 8800GT would be really appreciated...

great build eddie tho, thax for everything!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for lack of updates, work is literally taking all of my time. I am not sure when or if I will have the free time needed to actually complete another release. Thanks for all of the good words about the last one, will update whenever I can manage to get back to work on it.

Hi Eddie,

First off thank you for the amazing work your DVD is the Best one by far for my system which is a GMA950 C2D Gateway MX6956. My only suggestion would be the chu-nan kexts since they seems to fix many of the issues that are out there. Also a good selection of applications like you did in your other releases. Chameleon, OSx86_Tools app, and things like that.

Thank you

Austin

Looking forward to your next release. Yours have a seemed to work the best for me. I messed around w/ the Retail install method and got most hardware working ok, but DVD releases still have a lot more patches and I hope that project is not going to discourage future DVD releases. It's cool that it works, just needs serious work after updating to 10.5.4. The kext's just aren't modified and do not play nicely with one an other, Also Framworks and Libraries. Again, thanx Eddie for your releases, have been the best for me.

Sorry about work, I know how that goes, GL.

Eddie, just wanted to thank you. Leo4all v2 is the only OSx86 DVD that works on my computer, so yeah... if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been able to do it. Again, thanks, and hope that your works treating you well. If you ever manage to get out another release, though, be sure I will try it =D

Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi eddie11c,

I would like to see an additional option for uli526x NIC driver (PCGenUli526xEthernet.kext). I am using this driver on ASUS K8U-X motherboard with AMD Sempron CPU. Here is the link (Post #17):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry274469

Thanks in advance and look forward to your Non-EFI installation disk.

Chun-Nan

P.S.

I have revised AppleSMBIOS-27 source code (combined with AppleSMBIOS-4) to make it work both on EFI and Non-EFI system. I am using it on ASUS K8U-X with Non-EFI system. You can take a look.

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

do you got sound on ur setup? tring to get it on mine also got a K8U-X

• 6 months later...