[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

Still Win Fan

169 posts in this topic

I can't guarantee that this procedure will work for you I have only tested it on my Asus P6T SE with Intel i7 920.

Im not responsible for any damage this might causes to your pc.

Video Tut:

This method works with Lion GM.

Tested on Asus p6t SE.

2a4wg3s.png

Note: Installing Lion Gold Master:

Before you can proceed to step 1 you first have to right click on the install file and select show package contents.

then go to Contents->SharedSupport and mount InstallECD.dmg Then you can proceed with the steps below.

xgkvhx.png

Requirements:

1. OS X Lion dmg.

2. Working Mac OS X(I’m assuming you have only one hdd)

Step 1: Go to Disk Utility and click on the plus sign to create a new 10GB partition.

screenshot20110625at192.png

Step 2: Mount your OSX Lion dmg and show hidden files you can download the software i used from here .

screenshot20110625at194.png

Step 3:

1.Mount BaseSystem.dmg.

2.Go to Disk Utility.

3.Select the partition you made earlier and then click on Restore.

4.Chose Mac OS X Base System as Source, and the partition you made as the Destination.

5. Click restore and wait for it to finish.

screenshot20110625at195.png

Step 4:

1.After the restore operation complete unmount Mac OS X Base System.

2.Open the partition you made and go to System->Installation.

3.Delete the Packages file.

screenshot20110625at200.png

Step 5:

1.Open Mac OS X Install ESD and copy the packages folder.

2.Paste the packages folder in System->Installation to the partition you made.

screenshot20110625at200.png

screenshot20110625at201.png

Step 6:

1.Download Chameleon RC5 752 from here.

2.Install Chameleon on both the partition you made and your snow partition.

Step 7:

1.Go to the extra folder on your snow partiton and copy DSDT.aml and your extensions.

2.Paste them in extra on the partition you made.

screenshot20110625at202.png

screenshot20110625at202.png

Step 8:

1.Open Mac OS X Install ECD and copy these five files to the root of your new partition.

1..disk_lable.

2.boot.efi.

3.kernelcache.

4.mach_kernel.

5.MacOSX_Media_Background.png.

screenshot20110625at203.png

Step 9:

1.reboot and make sure to boot from the HDD you made the partition on.

2.From the Chameleon boot screen select the partition you made.

3.carry on with the installation as normal.

Post-installation:

1. Install Chameleon RC5 752 on your lion partition.

jjsaxg.png

2.I only needed the sound and network drivers for my board you can download them from here.

• Like 1

Yes please do it it would save so much time. Does one need to get a bunch of new ketxs or can we keep it down to what we use for snow leo with this mobo, stuff like that would bee so cool to know. Im guessing you restored lion to your desktop of your working snow leo and then installed to another hdd using terminal.

Im gonna buy Lion as soon as they release it so Im really interested in what you have so far.

I successfully installed Mac OSX Lion DP4 on my Asus P6T SE i7 920 using only one hdd with snow installed on it and DP4 image no need for a usb stick if anyone interested, I can make a tutorial explaining how I did it.

Screen Shot

k9ufk6.png

Yes, please make a tutorial if you can.Thanks!!!

Hello. Im new to this forum and i just loooove it. Just wanna say that i have tried many guides on internet and also youtube to get my hackintosh running with lion. And this one is the best and easiest way to do it. It didn work for me with developer 4 so i tried developer 1 and success. All is working, my gpu nvidia gigabyte 8400gs with nvenabler64 kext and also my sound and internet. Uppdates also went well. This is the real guide.Thank you. My spec is a Gigabyte 945gcm-s2l motherboard with 4 gb of ddr2 800 mhz ram and of course the famous gigabyte 8400gs. 250gb sataII hdd and an sata dvdrw-dl.I think this guide will work on the most motherboard.

What DSDT.aml did you use?

the DSDT.aml i used is for Asus P6T SE i7 920 you can get it from this post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1394105

I dont even know what a dsdt is. But i know in the guide it said that you should copy your dsdt wit the other files but i didnt copy any dsdt file onlo the others in the description.

You can do it without a DSDT.aml file but this will explain what a DSDT.aml is http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/DSDT

This guide is amazing. I have tried every developer release this morning but im only getting the developer 1 to work on my computer. In the guide it said that you shold copy your dsdt file but i dont have any dsdt file so i just skipped that one . Is it maybe therefore im not being able to install example developer 4. Or can i take developer 4 dmg and install it over my lion and it vill update do dp4?

Alright, I currently use another one on my Snow Leopard installation. Did ethernet work for you in Snow Leopard without an additional driver? Because it does for me.

On Snow Leopard I didn't need any additional drivers for network but on Lion I needed RealtekR1000SL.kext to get my ethernet working you can get it from here

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1ocvra31qd74fy

This guide is amazing. I have tried every developer release this morning but im only getting the developer 1 to work on my computer. In the guide it said that you shold copy your dsdt file but i dont have any dsdt file so i just skipped that one . Is it maybe therefore im not being able to install example developer 4. Or can i take developer 4 dmg and install it over my lion and it vill update do dp4?

To be honest im not sure im going to try installing it without DSDT.aml and see what happens.

So you think i should try with the dsdt file also. How do i get a dsdt file? From dsdt patcher?

Do you think i can install dp 4 if i use a dsdt file.

I tried it without DSDT.aml and it worked just fine, so not having DSDT is not the problem.

Yes, please make a tutorial if you can.Thanks!!!

best lion tutorial out there thanks worked a charm

i have tried all the others with no luck this one worked straight away after install i downloaded andycd5 for the internet and sound everything now working

my set up

asus p8p67

sandybridge i7

ati radeon 5770

8gb memory

500 gb hdd with snow leopard already installed

i had to disconnect my other 2 hdd to get the install going

thanks again

Hi! I installed as described (Lion GM) but at first reboot (after installing Chameleon on "Lion" partition) it boots very slow!! it takes like 5 minutes to boot!! I tried to boot in verbose mode and this is what i see (attached image)!! At third reboot it hangs on Waiting for DSMOS....Who can help me?? Besides I wanna know if it's possible to delete the Boot partition.

Thanks!

post-659294-1309625316_thumb.jpg

post-659294-1309625393_thumb.jpg

Hi, first thanks for this guide. I used it to install DP4 for a week ago and it worked perfect :-)

But now I try to use it to install the GM version. But after install I restart and I get a Kernel Panic saying:

"No HPETs avaliable...CPU ......)

I have changed HPET from 32bit to 64bit in BIOS. And without any change I can boot and run Snow Leopard. I'm typing there now :-)

Any ideas?

I run a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 motherboard with a i5 750 CPu and an Asus Geforce 9500 Grapicscard