AMD Systems

191 posts in this topic

I have jas 10.4.8 triple booting on my laptop, a Gateway 7510gx (AMD athlon xp 3700+)

Everything works except for audio.

BUT OS X runs my CPU at full speed, so the fans spin up (loud) and the whole thing gets real hot.

I only get 33% of my normal battery life :(

progrockguy: Try to delete AppleACPIThermal.kext, it's a Plugin inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Backup the file, modify it and f.e. mark it in a different color so you know that it's modified. Delete in System/Library the files Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. Open Terminal and type:

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions && chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

diskutil repairpermissions /

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

You can use copy/paste for inserting in the Terminal. After this reboot. My Athlon 64 3400+ (Desktop) was about 6°C cooler after this. The problem wasn't occuring on my myzar 10.4.7 system (which I'm still using). Uphuck 10.4.9 V1.3 DVD is now fully available on ∂€mø∏ºì∂ !

GreetingX from the Other Side!

BTW: My 200st Post! :(

My first post on a board that has helped me a lot in getting OSX running on my machine. :) (aside from the massive help and intro to this site by my dork master Darth Edmoncu. :P )

AMD Athlon64 X2 3600 AM2 (w/ stock fan) on MSI K9N Neo-F

Powercolor X1950 Pro Extreme 256MB 256-bit

2 x 512MB Kingston Value DDR-533

320 + 250GB Seagate SATA + 200 GB Maxtor PATA

Pioneer A06 DVD Writer

First tried installing Tubgirl 10.4.8 AMD final, but that didn't show me my SATA drives. I then patched it with the AMD 10.4.9 PPF, which showed me my SATA drives, but still couldn;t write to them. So i installed on my PATA drive (which, weirdly, shows only about 128GB or something of its 200GB.)

LAN worked after install, cpu detected as c2d (hah!) but x1950pro has no QE, and sound didn't work. Googled for a solution, and got refresh rate and resolution changes working, but still no QE, and got sound to work with Azalia.

Haven't tried CD/DVD burning yet.

OSX on x86 rocks! :D

Can you guys who have SSE3 please tell me the options you guys selected from the 1.3v dvd

I just burned and want to make sure i select the right stuff.

Lets get this clear you all using IDE right ?

Thank You I appreciate it

I just tried on my last IDE drive 20gb..

I selected AMD sse3 kernel though didn't select Universal.

Installation was done. Samething again, unbootable with the hard-drive wouldn't even go into BIOS.

Left the old drive there for 30mins and did the same with this 1.

I plugged in my sata back and took out the IDE and im back here posting the problem

I also had a lot of problems with it. Have you selected 'use MBR as partition table' in DIsk Utility? uphuck put version 10.5.8 on the dvd which has this option. You find it under 'Partition'.

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but a quick question... I was wondering if anyone is using 10.4.9 with an nF4 board and SATA hard drives (AMD obviously :)).

I've got 10.4.8 running pretty stable with an opteron 165 OC'ed to 2 GHz and a bunch of SATA hard drives. Would like to update to get some programs that aren't supported by 10.4.8. If so, which update patch did you use? I've seen a tubgirl delta and a myzar (same person?) on tpb...

If anyone has any input i would greatly appreciate it. :(

my system =

Tubgirl 10.4.9 SSE3. (soon as uphuck is finish D/L will give that a go)

AMD AM2 3500+ (Venice)

1024 MB kingston ram

MSI K9N Platinum (Nvidia 570 Chipset)

-PCI-Ex16 slot is dead.. x1 still works (mobo fault getting fixed under warranty, never get msi again.)

-Lan says that it's working, but just doesn't. Have tried the Dev_ID changes and what not, still nothin...

-Sound should work, but i'm stupid and havn't yet figured out drivers for mac (havn't used one in 15 years)

-wireless (Dlink G510-rev c) should work, but again, can't figure out drivers.

-SATA works but they are all NTFS partitions so read only, IDE works fantasticly.

Asus 7600 GT 256mb Works a treat (tho only in 1xPCI-E, see above)

I'm also Quad booting between XP/Vista/OSX/Ubuntu, took freaking ages to get it right!

(Ubuntu has been the easiest thing to set up so far by a loooong way)

Also have a laptop, but more stuff isn't working on that. Oh well, back to google......

c-ya,

Even after I specifically told you to on IM, tisk tisk.

I swear I didn't see it =\

Have you had a chance to try setting MBR?

Havent bought the enclosure yet.. is there any other way ?

OK I finally finished my HP AMD Crackbook and I thought I'd post something finally.

I really wanted to thank this website as well as the entire community for making all this fun possible. I owe you all a beer! Thanks a lot for posting all your results everyone. You have all made my crackbook possible and I appreciate all of your skills and willingness to pioneer this untamed digital frontier. May the Force be with you all.

OSX 10.4.6 / Parallels 3 / with XP Pro

HP NX6125-PZ895UA#ABA business laptop

AMD Turion64 1.6GHz

1GB 2700 (gotta get another)

80GB Western Digital WD800ve (working...boots in like 23 seconds)

ATI Radeon Mobility M200 (not entirely working no bloody QE)

Conexant AC-Link Audio (took many kext mods+flushings man holy!)

Broadcom Wireless (also took some time)

56K (who knows if this works... who cares?)

NIC (working with en switch-a-roo)

IEEE1394 (worked right away post OS install)

Bluetooth (works transferring to my ipaq but trouble with Katana cell)

DVD+-RW (works other than viewing motion pictures in OSX... works in Power DVD inside parallels on XP though... hmmm?)

Battery indicator works with mod from nedprod but i only get about an hour of life now... used to be 3 as a windows machine... need some serious power management mods

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.0GHz [MMX, 3DNOW!, SSE,SSE2/3,64bit] | L2 Cache: 512kB | HT freq. 1000 MHz

Motherboard: MSI K8TNEO2-F V2.0 | ChipsetNorthbridge: VIA K8T800 Pro | FSB: 800 MHz

RAM: 1024 MB (Infineon)

Display: ATI x800 6800 GTO [256 MB/QE/CI/Callisto 8] 1024x768@75Hz - AGPGart 2.1 enabled (AGPGart 2.2 not working correctly) (QE/CI only working with 10.4.9 kext files)

OS: 10.4.10 (TubGril's 10.4.9 AMD Final DVD + PascalW AMD Update)

Kernel: Darwin 8.9.1

Lan: 1000 Mbit Realtek 8100S

AMD Tubgirl 10.4.9 DVD + Patch worked good .. Everything worked too

Worked even on my sata

How to install Mac OS X JaS 10.4.8 on: AMD Athlon64 x2 4800+ (sAM2) (3D Now!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 -> CPU-Z), 1Gb RAM (DDR2), ATI Radeon x1950pro 512Mb (DDR3), ASUS M2N 430, 55Gb+55Gb HD (IDE Slave, Master isn't work) ???

I have JaS 10.4.8, but after installation, when i reboot PC, after *BootScreen* - BlackScreen :thumbsup_anim: Where me Descktop???

I reinstall this Mac about 5-7 <раз. И все равно - Черный экран :thumbsup_anim:.>

Help! <Очень хочу поюзать> Mac OS X!

------

www.pragma.ru - download: pragma.exe, en-ru.

@ vibos

eyy umm dude i doubt ur rig will work with a 512mb graphics card, it may boot but your running into the problem ive got. for my situation i need to flash my graphic cards bios so mac can work with it. im not sure if ATI can be flashed, but that is all i can suggest. try a 256mb graphics card first to make sure ur system will boot :pirate2:

best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

My system (old):

CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+ Socket 754 (Venice)

Mother: MSI

Chipset: VIA K8M800

HD: WD 80GB SATA

Sound: AC97

Video: ATI Radeon 9250 (VESA mode ;) )

eth0: Onboard

eth1: Realtek PCI Generic

SO: Mac OSX 10.4.6