Complete Leopard build and Install from Scratch: Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L

meansizzler

102 posts in this topic

thanks forthe above reply, what USB BT adapterare ou isng?, does it support,"Allow device ot wake system from standby", many thanks...

As far as I know, only the Apple (pre-installed) and D-Link usb bluetooth adapters will do this- and for a D-Link you may need to do a firmware update- see this link.

Dear meansizzler,

Thanks for sharing this to us. I use the same spec that you are using and followed your instruction and managed to install everything and updated to 10.5.2.

The problem now is, i can't get the line in working. What kext do you use? I tried to download from the link in your first post but the link is broken.

Help me..... I am on a project to release my band single and can't use garageband to record my riffs.......

thanks in advance

As an FYI, I got my build up and running.

The basics:

GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C

E2200 ( running at 2.5ghz )

1GB PC5400

7600GS

Kalaway 10.5.2

Using the keybits from this post and others ( S3 only in BIOS ), my install went smooth.

Everything works except for waking back up, I've lost LAN.

I'll try forcing the IP as suggested a few posts back.

Next, no audio. I used the AppleHDAPatcher v1.20 with the alc662 dump. This enabled sound (front panel jack doesn't work, but that's okay), but it caused a new problem: if I put the computer to sleep, and then wake it back up, the kernel will panic when I shut down the computer.

With -v, it mentions something along the lines of:

"panic (cpu 0 caller 0xNNNNNNNN) A driver releasing a(n) AppleHDAController has corrupted the registry -- SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.4.31/libkern/C++/OSObject.cpp:241"

Sounds scary. I've yet to find a fix for this. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried repairing permissions already.

Lastly, the onboard GMA950 graphics have the infamous mouse artifacting problem. This doesn't just affect Firefox 2. If you try and rename a file with Finder, it will do the same thing.

I did not want to try using the VESA driver, as I need QE / CI. In desperation, I tried using the Apple Leopard Graphics Update. This fixed the artifact problem and gives me QE / CI, but it removed the ability to change resolutions. It only boots into 1024x768. I can specify "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32", but anything higher fails. I cannot use 1440x900. I even tried using switchresx, but it doesn't work at all.

Does anyone have any other ideas to force 1440x900 mode? Another graphics card will be very difficult, as I have a low-profile case.

Other than that, the system works great. Thanks again for this tutorial.

Same as you here! Tried the new GMA950 driver in the new iatkos install but a get a blanck screen with very weird shadows.

I'm on a laptop btw

Hello all,

I'm new here. Just see this great guide. Do my old computer can install and run :

Mainboard : Gigabyte 945 PL-G

CPU : Pentium D 925 2.8 GHz

Ram : Twins Corsair XMS2 2x1GB Bus 800 MHz

VGA : Geforce 6600 GT

HDD : Samsung 160 GB (running Windows XP SP2)

Case : 550W

Thank you

thanks forthe above reply, what USB BT adapterare ou isng?, does it support,"Allow device ot wake system from standby", many thanks...

Sorry for the late reply as I have been abroad...

I am using a Belkin BT and yes it wakes up just fine.

The only thing I have trouble with is with my licenced FinalCut Express HD3 which needs a AGP videocard and because I am using the graphic onboard of the Gigabyte I can't get this to work.

I have everything as you suggested but the 7600GT is not avvailble here. Only the 8600GT will this do?

Or should I look for this 7600GT elsewere?

Thanks...

If som one can help me as I put inside a Geforce 8600GT and the system rebooted also with no problems, but now using the drivers at the topic start (display driver) it won't start again.If I put the display card out of the PC and use again onboard display all is well.How is it possible to solve this problem?Is there a way to un-install the drivers again?If som one can help me as I put inside a Geforce 8600GT and the system rebooted also with no problems, but now using the drivers at the topic start (display driver) it won't start again.<br>If I put the display card out of the PC and use again onboard display all is well.<br>How is it possible to solve this problem?Is there a way to un-install the drivers again?

Ok I installed the latest Nvida patch and I got it working but 2 problems:

1) When I change the resolution the screen goes blue and need to make a reset to get the resolution I wanted

2) using final cut pro a message popups that I need a AGP card

Is there any thing I can do?

Ok I solved the problem :P

The VGA should be connected on the 8600GT the DVI with the VGA adopter on the closest to the mother board.

I have 2 monitors now working without any detect screen and each monitor I can set to its specific resolution!

Unknown nVidia:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

VW222:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

CPD-G500:

Resolution: 1280 x 960 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Bios Settings:

advanced

limit cpuid max to 3 - disabled

no-execute memory protect - enabled

cpu enhanced halt (c1e) - disabled

cpu thermal monitor 2 (tm2) - disabled

cpu eist function - disabled

integrated peripherals

on-chip primary ide - enabled

on-chip secondary ide - enabled

on chip sata - auto

usb controller - enabled

usb 2.0 controller - enabled

usb keyboard - enabled

usb mouse - enabled

legacy usb storage - disabled

azalia codec - auto

onboard lan - enabled

onboard lan boot rom - enabled (i think this fixes some intermittent bonjour issues, but not sure)

onboard serial port - disabled

onboard parallel port - disabled

power management

acpi suspend type - s3

My Process to Setup OS 10.5.4:

01) Installed via meansizzler's detailed instructions. Follow these to the letter.

02) Clicked "Erase" and renamed my hard drive "MacDrive" and set partition as GUID.

03) Installed 10.5.1 to "MacDrive" checking off only Vanilla Kernel, ACPI Vanilla fix, Azalia Out, and Boot EFI Guid (did graphics drivers later)

04) After you get your initial 10.5.1 restart the system for good measure.

05) Apply the 10.5.2 Combo Update.

06) Restart (on reboot use -v -f -x flags)

07) Apply 10.5.2 Kernel update and choose 9.2 Vanilla

08) Restart

09) Apply 10.5.3 Combo Update and do NOT restart

10) Then apply 10.5.3 Kernel Update and choose 9.3 Vanilla Kernel and now restart

11) On reboot use "update -v -f" flags

12) My computer always did a weird self-restart at this point in the process, so let yours do the same if it wants to.

13) Now apply the 10.5.4 Update via Software Update along with any other updates

14) Finally I added an EFI string for my Geforce 7600GT - works perfectly! Sleep, network, reboot, and everything else works as expected!

Thank you meansizzler!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am thinking to build my first hackintosh using GA-945GCM-S2L board. Here are my stuffs.

Motherboard: GA-945GCM-S2L

CPU: Intel Core™ 2 Duo E7200(2.53GHz,3MB) 1066FSB

Memory: 2 x 2GB DDR2 800

Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB 32MB Cache

DVD-ROM: Lite-on SATA drive

Everything come out about USD426.00. As I look deeper into the specification, I realized the motherboard only supports up to 667 Mhz memory modules. (DDR2 667/533/400 Mhz)

I am not an expert in overclocking but I have read about E7200 Wolfdale CPU is great for overclocking. So my questions are the following:

1. Is GA-945GCM-S2L board capable of overclocking?

2. How to overclock E7200 CPU, do i increase the frequency or voltage or both?

3. When overclocking the CPU, doesn't the memory has to follow the same speed accordingly? (should i keep the DDR2 800 memory or should I return it for DDR2 667 memory)

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry for my bad English!

I'm trying to follow this tutorial of the first page, only that the images will not open, always says file not found. Thank you very much if the author or someone entering the pictures again.

Thank you.