I Never Thought I'd See the Day...

16 posts in this topic

"Public BETA"

does that mean as soon as everyone complains on how CRAPPY it is, then they release it as the official version?!

SticMAN

either their site is down or you link is........

edit: it's opened, after 1:10 sec sorry!

edit2: WHAT!!! no version for Mac, just how do these people test things in Richmond?! :huh:B):hysterical:

Pointless, a browser thats not crossplatform will be dead anyway, I rather not go on the web than use IE. Firefox/Opera are the only true crossplatform web browsers(Yes I know Safari is but only on two).

I suppose it's good for Windows users but soon as they wake up and realize it wasn't for them the better.

Pointless, a browser thats not crossplatform will be dead anyway, I rather not go on the web than use IE. Firefox/Opera are the only true crossplatform web browsers(Yes I know Safari is but only on two).

I suppose it's good for Windows users but soon as they wake up and realize it wasn't for them the better.

99.9% of the world population doesn't pay attention to what browser they use. They open their start menu/application folder, and click the "Internet" button. If you think the world is going to reject IE on the principle of being single-platform and closed source, you couldn't be more wrong.

99.9% of the world population doesn't pay attention to what browser they use. They open their start menu/application folder, and click the "Internet" button. If you think the world is going to reject IE on the principle of being single-platform and closed source, you couldn't be more wrong.

Well considering Firefox holds more than 40% in quiet a few european countries I'd say you were wrong.

Okay, but those 'few european countries' represent what population of the world, compared to larger computer markets, like North America, Japan and China?

Well considering Firefox holds more than 40% in quiet a few european countries I'd say you were wrong.

The webkit engine is crossplatform, even if it goes by different names (not safari) on linux and mobile devices.

The webkit engine is crossplatform, even if it goes by different names (not safari) on linux and mobile devices.

Yes true but it's not the same as Apple's webkit version just a different one, I know about webkit on Linux and Konqueror with KHTML(folk of webkit).

Okay, but those 'few european countries' represent what population of the world, compared to larger computer markets, like North America, Japan and China?

I don't know what Forceman meant by "quite a few european countries", but if he meant the EU, that would be "almost 500 million citizens" (source: Wikipedia). Add to that a few more countries which are definitely European, but not members of the EU, and you understand that we are talking about a lot of people (up to 712 million).

ok but 17% approximate share world wide is nothing shabby, IE only has the advantage because it comes with Windows which in turn comes with just about every PC sold.

Thus if IE becomes standard compliant, every browser might benefit.

I agree completely. I can't stand it when something doesn't work in anything but IE simply because IE "supports" non-standards, such as using back-slashes in image tags, and it worked for the people testing it in IE.