InsanelyMac. Version 1.0.1.

Sabr

47 posts in this topic

I think Mebster meant to say it doesn't involve Google.

I can assure you, we are most definitely not using Google Custom Search.

Shame, unless of course you can come up with something better - all I know is I've used google to search the forums for pretty much as long as I've been a member and it works well.

Got to say, the category updates/re-organisation was a good idea - it's much easier to see what goes where now (at least in my opinion).

~mac.nub

Yep, search is next on the list. We have came up with a fantastic idea to help improve search results and their relevance when trying to find information on the forum. I will talk about this in a week or two. We just need time to develop the new system and test it. :(

the search has been borked ever since conception back in july of '05.

this should have been addressed many many months ago if not years, if you get people who cant find what they are looking for they will post all willy nilly like in any thread they deem relevent.

as for the forum rearangement, whats the point? fix the search and that will resolve alot of the missplaced post and other random bullcr@p.

thats my :( but hey no1 ever listens to me.

-D-

Problem is we can't rely on Google for our search, Since it does not index every single thing at once. It takes it's time. Also we are testing a new method of Searching and seeing how that is turning out. Its still in development but it is progressing :).

Hope I helped and all I can say is that it will be implemented soon.

Problem is we can't rely on Google for our search, Since it does not index every single thing at once. It takes it's time. Also we are testing a new method of Searching and seeing how that is turning out. Its still in development but it is progressing :).

Hope I helped and all I can say is that it will be implemented soon.

You'd be surprised on how fast Google indexes this site...

I've had a few posts of mine come up within an hour of me posting... but I agree, it's not quick for all posts.

@ Sabr

Could be possible to add the arrows on the messenger to jump from one message to another?.Sometimes is very annoying click the inbox or sent items to do that... :(

Yeah, that's probably possible with some extra code (Suhail is the one who could say for sure). Once we've figured out the search we can look into it for you. :D

I think you should do something about the Search. It's really irritating.

Why don't you use Google site search ? It's much better. Will also save you bandwidth.

Oops didn't read all the posts, that's what you were talking about...