Dell Vostro 1500 Mega Thread

Hexidecimal

474 posts in this topic

sleep works fine with superhai's kexts, read several pages before. only shutdown/restart doesn't work.

Anyone tried snow leo on vostro?

Tried Superhai's kexts. They don't work, and fixing them is more trouble than I have time for at present.

Does anyone know how I fix the intermittent network cu-out problem? Can it even be fixed?

Can someone post a great how-to on Boot-132 with the Vostro? I've looked into it and it's confusing. And now that my Vostro is my main work computer (RIP MBP) I am most hesitant to start screwing stuff up just to experiment.

But I dream of having a Mac as my main work computer again, so I'm about ready to try it again. I actually have an external HD to test it all on. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Check my tutorial : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189750 :)

Are you telling us to install Snow Leopard, or use your zip file for regular Leopard?

no no install snow leopard, it runs quite well, and just use all the kext's that i put in my zip file, +the standardized disabler.kext fakesmc.kext uuid.kext etc (all found at insanelymac.com), and then use the kexts i supplied, just makes things easier

Is there a way to get the VGA Out of the Dell Vostro 1500 with 8600m GT working??? I have been trying a lot of things now for weeks... NVCAP.. Efi String... can someone tell me how to do it the right way? I prefer NVKush, because i have QE/CI working there... but after 3 NVCAPS now i still get my screen black when i click "Detect Displays".. what am i doing wrong?

Thank you for all your help

greetings Peri

Is there a way to get the VGA Out of the Dell Vostro 1500 with 8600m GT working??? I have been trying a lot of things now for weeks... NVCAP.. Efi String... can someone tell me how to do it the right way? I prefer NVKush, because i have QE/CI working there... but after 3 NVCAPS now i still get my screen black when i click "Detect Displays".. what am i doing wrong?

Thank you for all your help

greetings Peri

this might help http://ikelk.lt/boxes/6123. At least it helps me. It works with nvkush, nvdarwin, nvinject as far as i've tested. I use dvi + vga string.

Or if you edit Info.plist with text editor, add

<key>NVCAP</key>
			<data>BAAAAAAAAQAOAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>

• 3 weeks later...
installed snow leopard yesterday using the boot132-method, no problems at all. but i´m not able to get my 1680 resolution. only get 1240. old geforce 8600 gt kext for 1520 isn´t working. any idea?

Is QE/CI working? what kexts did you use for graphics?

• 2 weeks later...

I got everything working in iAktos V7 except for:

Intel Wireless

Broadcom NIC (it works but it loves to drop me off of DHCP so I had to take my DHCP settings and manually insert them)

Hardware Acceleration (Chess does not let me move pieces at all)

If I could fix those 3 things this would be a pretty nice o/s to use for a dual boot.

Hmm I managed to screw up my installation so going to have to format and reinstall. Those pesky nvidia drivers aren't allowing me to do QE at all and it is looking kinda hopeless to fix that.

I also noticed that there's no working driver at all for the intel wireless card so I would have to buy a broadcom card which was the "el cheapo" option when ordering this laptop to begin with hence I opted for the intel chipset which apparantly is better than the broadcom. I read reviews recently of the broadcom and people complain it intermittantly drops connection on wireless. So...just another thing crippling this system besides whatever else mac osx doesn't like.

Broadcom nic still doesn't work as good as it does in microsoft windows so hopefully the driver on the cd will work fine. Interesting that this has an intel chipset but a broadcom network adapter. Otherwise the laptop is pretty solid especially now that I have win7 ultimate on it rather than vista with no service packs.

• 4 weeks later...

cant seem to use install for snow leopard

i havent got an external usb keyboard

that only cause i like to stay portable

have a dell vostro 1500 with nvidia 8600m gs and have recently made use of a broadcom wifi

leopard was simple to put on but it took a couple a tries then i got it

but snow leopard is a different kettle of fish

no use of mouse and keyboard inbuilt

how do i add kexts to the install dvds restored thumbdrive

please help

need a fix for keyboard and mouse to work within installation and there after

do not tell me i have to buy a damn mouse and keyboard to use externaly or that will {censored} me off

please some one post a god damn hackintosh hack for vostros please pretty pleeeeese

help me or not dont put me down

trying to get it woorking heeeeeeeeeelp

ahhhhhh

dell vostro 1500

nvidia 8600m gs

no key/mouse

help

thanx

I've also managed to boot snow leo, but as I have no spare time lately, I can't get my usb ports working properly (mouse pointer is lagging, trackpad doesn't), wireless also doesn't work.

imacowardlol, share your experiance with us :(

Did u try voodooPS2.kext? I think it got my internal keyboard working, if it doesn't help, pm me, I'll try to find ps2 kexts in my snow leo install :(

• 1 month later...

Hello,

need some help to get iPC 10.5.6 on my Vostro 1500 working...

Installation works fine, but after the restart the system did not boot...

Can you tell me the Drivers i should install with the OS together? Or give ma a short installation Guide?

Whould be great!

Vostro 1500

Core 2 Duo T5270 @ 1,40ghz

NVidia GeForce 8600M GT

Broadcom 440x ethernet

Intel W-Lan

2048MB 667Mhz DDR2

Sigmatel 9xxx Audio

greats Saggi

Hi Saggi,

did you try to read through this topic? I think there is enough info.

It would be hard to help you unless you provide us with more info regarding your problems. Basically you need dell laptops post installer, chameleon bootloader, one of [NVInject,NVdarwin,NVkush], Voodoo sleep enabler, Voodoo battery. Google all of them. I suggest you these assuming you have used retail DVD installation. But just read this topic through, you'll find smth usefull with no doubt :D

Hello,

need some help to get iPC 10.5.6 on my Vostro 1500 working...

Installation works fine, but after the restart the system did not boot...

Can you tell me the Drivers i should install with the OS together? Or give ma a short installation Guide?

Whould be great!

Vostro 1500

Core 2 Duo T5270 @ 1,40ghz

NVidia GeForce 8600M GT

Broadcom 440x ethernet

Intel W-Lan

2048MB 667Mhz DDR2

Sigmatel 9xxx Audio

greats Saggi

It`s already done!

I took the wrong nvidia driver, OS X 10.5.8 runs great now!

Thanks a lot to this thread ;)

Intel Wifi still does not work...Is there a solution?

Try Dell laptops post installer and choose Dell wireless kext, that should work. Also look at Dell laptops post installer readme instructions for wireless troubleshooting

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know why, but I cant' use my keyboard after I installed iatkos v7 ... I need help

I dont know why, but I cant' use my keyboard after I installed iatkos v7 ... I need help

I installed iatkos v7, but the audio dosn't work. Try to copy the AppleHDA.kext ,IOSDHCIBlockDevice and hdaenabler.kext to the sys/libr/extensions. But the system said these are not installed properly...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

i've a dell vostro 1500 (8600m gt with core 2 duo t7300) and i NEED to install snow leopard on it.

I tried to search on the web some information, but every suggestion found is different. So i can't take a correct way to do this damn installation.

Can anyone give me a correct way to follow please?

Thank's

looks like this thread is pretty much dead, but I figured I'd give it a try. I got my touchpad working via the PS2 fix (thanks to whoever posted that). It's kind of annoying that the tap-click doesn't work though. After looking thru this thread it looks like no one has gotten this to work, but any help regarding this would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have successfully install snow leopard on a vostro 1500 with intel graphics using Empire EFI and retail disk. Upon booting the installer, the display goes dark. Wait 11 minutes or more and the display will go to sleep. Then move the mouse and the screen will turn on. After installing, I was getting kernel panics due to IOATAFamily.kext and Secondary IDE Channel disabled error. I read that this problem was fixed in 10.6.2+ so I booted using -x flag and used software update to install 10.6.3. After this, no more KPs.

My goal for this install is to keep System/Library/Extensions as close to 100% vanilla as possible. Currently, the only kexts I have added to S/L/E are VoodooPS2Controller and VoodooHDA, as I could not get these to load properly from /Extra/Extensions.

/Extra/Extensions includes

fakesmc.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

Currently, I have no QE/CI or keyboard/trackpad in 64-bit mode. In 32-bit mode, I have QE/CI and keyboard/trackpad working. Restart and Shutdown are also working. Sleep does not work. I have not yet tried to mess with power management.

I believe that the X3100 can be made to work for 64-bit with DSDT fix now that snow leopard includes these drivers. I do not understand why VoodooPS2Controller is not working in 64-bits.

Also, VoodooBattery does not seem to be working quite right. It takes a long time (up to several minutes) in between updating the icon. For example, I can boot on AC power and then unplug, however the icon and the charge percentage/time does not change for several minutes. Additionally, VoodooBattery prints a ton of information to the system log, is this normal?

I have successfully install snow leopard on a vostro 1500 with intel graphics using Empire EFI and retail disk. Upon booting the installer, the display goes dark. Wait 11 minutes or more and the display will go to sleep. Then move the mouse and the screen will turn on. After installing, I was getting kernel panics due to IOATAFamily.kext and Secondary IDE Channel disabled error. I read that this problem was fixed in 10.6.2+ so I booted using -x flag and used software update to install 10.6.3. After this, no more KPs.

Do you have a BCM440X network card ? If yes, it's working correctly ? Because I've the same card but after few minutes of navigation I lose the connection!

Do you have a BCM440X network card ? If yes, it's working correctly ? Because I've the same card but after few minutes of navigation I lose the connection!

I had not checked my wired connection as I almost exclusively use wireless. There is no ethernet connection listed in the network menu. I'll have to see if I can figure this out.