Dell Vostro 1500 Mega Thread

Hexidecimal

474 posts in this topic

I am now trying a *very* clean install so burned iAtkos 7 (almost retail 10.5.7).

My choices:

Chameleon 2

/Extra

DSDT

AppleDecrypter

Disabler

OHR (didn't work)

BroadCom 440x

VoodooHDA

Then installed VoodooBattery and, according to this http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...L_10.5.7#NVIDIA, added EFI string for my 8600GT.

At this point, restart/reboot, Dual screen (yes, HCL might not be right about this), touchpad and internal keyb don't work for me ;)

OTOH, sleep, sound and wired/wireless network is ok. also the system seems to be stable since iAtkos 5 + apple updates frozenthe system after aprox. 10min of use.

I feel tired about mac-hack so there would be a last chance... The only thing i can't leave behind is dual monitor 'cause touchpad/keyb is easly fixable.

Also for dual screen theres a nvinject kext i posted before but wtf, is 100% mac compliant!!!

• 1 month later...

hey guys. i have a problem with my vostro 1500. i'm trying to install iDeneb 10.5.7. the installation process gets only till the grey screen with an apple and a spinning wheel and nothing happens.i've tried -v -s -x and nothing helped. any suggestions?

here's my laptop:

CPU type: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2000MHz (10 x 200)

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Crestline-PM PM965

Video adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (256mb)

Audio adapter: Sigmatel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801 HBM ICH8M

Network Adapter: Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Wireless: Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card

thanks for attention :D

hey guys. i have a problem with my vostro 1500. i'm trying to install iDeneb 10.5.7. the installation process gets only till the grey screen with an apple and a spinning wheel and nothing happens.i've tried -v -s -x and nothing helped. any suggestions?

here's my laptop:

thanks for attention :(

What options did you select when you installed? It's a good idea to read back over what others have tried in the last few pages and try reinstalling and trying different options.

I never got ideneb to work. I used iATKOS. I've been thinking about trying retail, but I am using my osx partition for Windows 7.

What options did you select when you installed?

See that's the whole thing. I don't even get till the 1 step - choosing the language. I boot with iDeneb DVD then press enter (-v, -x, or -F) and nothing. I wait for an hour and nothing.

It's a good idea to read back over what others have tried in the last few pages

Trust me Ive been looking for a solution for two days and I found nothing. I know most of the people get Kernel Panic and grey screen problems but their suggestions don't help. So PLEASE if anyone knows what to do HELP :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Iatkos v7 w/ a Vostro 1500. At boot options I type vanilla acpi=off and everything installs fine. It's just on reboot that I get the blank screen and the old "unplug power cable" trick doesn't work for nothing. I can hear music and everything. Booted w/ a bunch of different boot flags to no avail.

After unplug trick upon reboot in chameleon 2 I get "Hibernate too old by xxxx seconds try Forcekey=y. I'm going to keep plugging away until I find something out.

System specs:

Dell vostro 1500

core2 1.6ghz

2gb 667mhz

X3100

120gb hd

sigmatel 9205

I'm using Iatkos v7 w/ a Vostro 1500. At boot options I type vanilla acpi=off and everything installs fine. It's just on reboot that I get the blank screen and the old "unplug power cable" trick doesn't work for nothing. I can hear music and everything. Booted w/ a bunch of different boot flags to no avail.

After unplug trick upon reboot in chameleon 2 I get "Hibernate too old by xxxx seconds try Forcekey=y. I'm going to keep plugging away until I find something out.

System specs:

Dell vostro 1500

core2 1.6ghz

2gb 667mhz

X3100

120gb hd

sigmatel 9205

That x3100 is almost certainly the problem. I think you have to let the display sleep then wake it up. I read about some guy who was able to make it work consistently by setting one of the Hot Corners to put his display to sleep.

That x3100 is almost certainly the problem. I think you have to let the display sleep then wake it up. I read about some guy who was able to make it work consistently by setting one of the Hot Corners to put his display to sleep.

That was the biggest problem I had. I was able to get a decent resolution working but not my full 1680x1050. It was a major pain in the butt. I ended up messing up on an upgrade about a year ago and haven't tried since. I had pretty much everythin else working great. It was just the x3100. I was hoping that would be fixed by now.

here's my laptop:

thanks for attention :P

With iDeneb and Vostro 1500, you can try to boot with this flag: cpus=2 -v -x. I've read somewhere and it worked for me.

Anyway, I can't fix the shutdown/restart problem (both iATKOS v7 and iDeneb v1.5.1). When I install 8600gt driver, it's happen. :)

With iDeneb and Vostro 1500, you can try to boot with this flag: cpus=2 -v -x. I've read somewhere and it worked for me.

Anyway, I can't fix the shutdown/restart problem (both iATKOS v7 and iDeneb v1.5.1). When I install 8600gt driver, it's happen. :whistle:

Yep. There's no way around shutdown/reboot when you install the video drivers.

Got 10.5.7 installed on my Vostro using Iatkos. Everything works except I can't install my airport card. Its a Dell 1395. I've used the Dell post installer and repair permissions and after reboot it still says my airport card is not installed. I'm baffled at this point. Anyone having similar problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Dell Vostro 1500

2GB Ram

NVidia 8600GT

Everything seems to have gone fine apart from the fact that whenever I move boxes or scroll up/down on the internet it looks awful and messes up.

It's probably something to do with my NVidia card driver not being installed, but I read on an install guide I shouldn't install the graphics card driver until after installation.

Can anyone help?

Got 10.5.7 installed on my Vostro using Iatkos. Everything works except I can't install my airport card. Its a Dell 1395. I've used the Dell post installer and repair permissions and after reboot it still says my airport card is not installed. I'm baffled at this point. Anyone having similar problems?

Yes, I'm having this problem.

Look on page 4. There's a line you have to add to one of your plists.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed iPC 10.5.6 on Dell Vostro 1500. Everthing worked but i can not shutdown or restart my laptop (When i did it, the display will turn off but my disk is running. I have to hold power button to turn off my laptop). Anyone can help me out this problem ? Thanks all !

I'm using Dell Vostro 1500

Intel Core2 Duo T7250@2GHz

RAM: 2GB

VGA: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Disk driver: Fujitsu

So in other words I have to choose between sleep function and video drivers?

That's what I'm telling you. I'm sorry.

And I guess I don't get it. The Dell Mini 9 and 10v get to sleep. And the Vostro 1500 has the same NVidia as the MBP. Oh well. I just know it's over my head.

Can someone post a great how-to on Boot-132 with the Vostro? I've looked into it and it's confusing. And now that my Vostro is my main work computer (RIP MBP) I am most hesitant to start screwing stuff up just to experiment.

But I dream of having a Mac as my main work computer again, so I'm about ready to try it again. I actually have an external HD to test it all on. Maybe I'll give it a shot.